1

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter one - start

"Park Jisung, welcome to class," the teacher said, ushering Jisung towards the front of the classroom. He took a seat in his assigned spot, right in the center.

Now why Park Jisung sat in the front when he wanted nothing to do with anyone, was a mystery. The only thing people knew was that one; Park Jisung stayed back a few grades for some unknown reason, and two; don't make eye contact with him.

It was complicated, Jisung was popular and well known, but he would brush off anyone who wanted to talk to him. And he wouldn't ever show up to leisure/school functions. As popular as he was, he essentially a hobbit.

Most guys wished they were Park Jisung. There were girls swarming after him daily, and his Instagram DMS were always girls asking him out. Still, he never responded to his DMS, and he learned to ignore the girls who chased after him.

Fortunately, someone in the class was the polar opposite. Song Yuna. Song Yuna is a pretty girl; she has a sufficient amount of friends and a nice personality. She's talkative but still reserved at the same time, but she's not popular in the slightest.

But there was something incredibly special about Yuna. She could see angels and demons. She could see them because her father was an angel. No one knew about this trait besides her parents and her friends. However, Yuna was a human because only one of her parents was an angel.

She knew someone was an angel when she could see white nearly translucent wings sprouting from their backs, as well as a golden halo floating above their heads. They were also usually stunning people. She had grown used to seeing the wings, so they didn't bother her. She could also tell who was a demon if they had charcoal black wings. They were usually the more hostile people. Yuna could turn off this skill, though. All she had to do was will the skill on and off, and it did.

She was seated in the back of the class, her seat not having been assigned like Jisung's. She was turning through the pages of her textbook aimlessly, not bothering to look up at Jisung since him being late was such a common thing. When the teacher resumed her lesson, Yuna couldn't help but fiddle with the edges of the worn textbook pages and wonder when she would get out of class.

It wasn't until a few words from the teacher's mouth came out that piqued her interest, that she began paying attention. "As I was saying class, you will be partnered with another student based on the form you filled out before starting this school year. Until the end of the semester, you will be living/primarily residing with that student."

The whole class, including Yuna, groaned. She had enough exposure to people AT school, she didn't need someone else to live with.

"And why do we have to do this?" Sohyee, one of Yuna's best friends, who was also a human, called out. The class nodded in agreement, not wanting to do the assignment.

"You have to do this because it counts as a grade, for one. Plus, you have to prepare for college life. Most students live in a dorm with a roommate in college, and this is the perfect way to ease students into the change."

"But what if I don't wanna go to college?" Sohyee protested, a smirk plastered on her face. Sohyee was talented at art and she didn't need school, technically.

"Well- well you still have to do it if you plan on passing this semester." The teacher, Mrs. Do, said, earning a groan from all of the students, and a few heads banging against desks.