37

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter thirty seven - dinner with a side of interrogation

All of them were sitting at the table about to eat ramen. Jisung was seated in between Yuna and Jintao, so he felt a little better. But he was still awkward. 

Yuna's parents sat in front of them, their gazes burning through Jisung's soul. 

"So Jisung," Donghyun said, leaning forward on his elbows, "what's your agenda with Yuna?"

Jisung nearly choked on his noodles. Yuna had to pat his back and offer him some water, to which he accepted red-faced.

"N-nothing's on my agenda, sir," Jisung said, trying to be polite. 

"Nothing," he said, skeptically, "nothing at all?"

"No, we're just together for the project. There's nothing between us."

"Okay, sure, just don't..... don't bite her for god's sake."

This time, Yuna choked on her food, "Dad! That's not going to happen!"

This time, Jisung smirked, "I'll try not to." He took her hand with the string of fate on it and held it in his that also had the small string tied around his finger, "Our bond isn't like you think."

Donghyun narrowed his eyes at Jisung, "As I said, watch it, kid."

"Give them a break," Daesom said, chuckling.

"Fine. Then tell me about yourself," Donghyun said, the vein in his forehead popping out.

Jisung thought for a second, "Well, I like singing and dancing. Um, I can drive. I like rings. I lived in Saint Anne's until a few years ago when I got my own place. Uh... oh, I'm in Yuna's last period class. That's really all."

"Hmm," Donghyun said, "so where are your parents? You live alone? Aren't you underage?"

"Dad!" Yuna yelled, "Stop being insensitive!"

"It's okay," Jisung said, staring the male in front of him up and down, "my parents left when I was a baby because they didn't want a demon child."

"I'm so sorry, Jisung," Daesom commented, "sorry, my husband doesn't know how to be nice, even though he's an angel."

"It's okay. And we really should be going," Jisung said, checking his phone, "it's pretty late."

"Okay, drive safe!" Daesom said, giving Yuna a hug. She stopped at Jisung and gave him a hug too. Jisung stood there in shock but returned the hug nonetheless.

When Yuna's dad got to him, however, he pressed his searing palm against Donghyun's arm, "Goodbye."

And with that, Jisung and Yuna walked out of the house. Jisung slipped into the driver's seat and Yuna sat in the passenger's. They were silent, it was a weird dynamic for the two. 

Yuna broke the silence, "Sorry about my dad."

"It's okay," Jisung said, backing out the car, "he's just protective of you."

"Hmm yeah."

"Anyways... I'm sorry for not coming back last night. I... I had to think over some things."

Yuna put a hand on Jisung's shoulder, "It's okay. I was just worried about you. And I'm so sorry for going with them. Even though you're a demon, you're the sweetest one in the world. I'm sad I couldn't use that ticket with you. Spending last night with you would've been better than going with the angels, hands down."

"I wouldn't say I'm sweet. I got held back a grade for beating a kid's ass. But thanks," he chuckled bitterly.

"That's why you got held back? Wow, I didn't know. It's such a mystery at school."

"Yeah," he said, "I'm not exactly proud of it, but oh well. I'm not going to college anyway."

Yuna turned to face him, "Really? Why not?"

Jisung shrugged, "It's just not for me. And not many colleges accept demons to begin with."

"Hmm, well don't settle just yet. We still have the rest of senior year. And who knows, maybe you'll find a college that does accept demons."

"Okay," Jisung said.

Yuna stared out the window at the stars, she smiled, remembering when she would look at them with her dad. Out of nowhere, she got a plan to make everything up to Jisung. In truth, she couldn't believe she didn't think of it earlier.

Tapping Jisung's shoulder, she said, "Jisung. Pull over. I'm going to drive. We have to make a small stop before we go home."

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

ugh this is going to be such a long story, i'm sorry