18

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter eighteen - mark lee and the bond

Jisung chose to eat in his room because he knew he was letting himself get too close to Yuna. When they were cooking, he felt sort of.... happy. It felt like they were two friends making dinner when they weren't.

And there he sat in the middle of his bed, slurping down the spaghetti, which was actually really good. He contemplated on whether or not it would be a smart idea to say thank you to Yuna, but he just couldn't face her, not now.

When his plate was cleared, he went to put it in the sink. He saw Yuna silently eating alone, not even on her phone or anything. When she saw him, she looked up sadly and stood.

"So I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but I have brownies. They're mine and my dad's favorite. I bought them this morning. Try one, please?" she said, holding out a plate of brownies.

Jisung sighed and took one, slipping a piece under his mask, "Mmmh, tastes like shit," he said, walking back to his room, taking the other half of the brownie he bit.

In truth, it was really good and he was surprised Yuna would share something like that with him since it was a family thing. He just couldn't let her know that.

Yuna stood in the kitchen as she felt tears welling up. She was just trying to be nice to Jisung. She walked over to the sink to wash her dish, and she saw that Jisung just left his. She huffed as she washed all of the pots and plates.

When she was done, she sat on the couch. She didn't feel like going into the room and seeing Jisung. Just when she unlocked her phone, a light flashed in front of her, revealing an angel. The angel stifled her scream with his hand. When she calmed down, she whispered, "Who are you?"

"I'm Mark, the soulmate angel. I met with your soulmate earlier," the blue-haired boy said, giving her a small wave. His skin was slightly luminous, and he looked like a drawing.

She returned the wave and asked, "What did he say? The only times he's talked to me mentally, he said he didn't want anything to do with me."

Mark sighed and scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah... he's a stubborn guy. I dunno Yuna."

She nodded in understanding. She didn't know why he wouldn't just tell her who he was. Then she could try to make it better, "Yeah... well I hope I meet him."

Mark glanced at Jisung's door, but luckily Yuna didn't catch him, "Yeah, I hope you do too. I gotta get going, have a nice day."

"Bye Mark!" Yuna said as he disappeared, leaving her alone once again.

Yuna sighed, Jisung was something else. It was like he had two personalities to shift between, and she was never sure which he would decide to embody.

After another hour of debating whether or not to go into the room, she laid down on the couch and fell asleep.

When Jisung walked out of the room to get water, he saw Yuna curled up on the couch in a ball. He felt a shooting sadness spread throughout his chest and into his stomach. Tears threatened to spill, and his throat tightened. 

He knew it was the bond. He was starting to share her emotions. And they were affecting him.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı