12

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter twelve - good morning, i cooked

Yuna woke up to the sound of Jisung's alarm, and she stood quickly to turn it off. When she finally turned the screeching sound off, she got a glimpse of Jisung's lock screen. It was black and boring, and she felt bad that he was so lonely. But she had to remind herself that he didn't want to be helped and that it was on him.

Yuna decided to wake him up, and she lightly shook him, "Wake up sleepyhead, time to get up," she whispered.

"Get the fuck out. It's too early. It's the weekend," Jisung grumbled, turning away from her.

"Who the fuck sets an alarm for the weekend hmm? You! My parents left for the week to go look for an at-home teacher for my brother, so I can't go home. Also, why is your lock screen black?," she asked, moving to grab the edge of his shirt on his arm.

She felt him jerk away, "Don't fucking touch me. And stop looking at my phone," he spat. In truth, he was nervous, since she nearly pulled up the sleeve to reveal her name on his wrist. "Sorry," she grumbled, looking away, slightly embarrassed.

After a few more moments, Jisung let out a loud sigh, "You know what? I need you to shut up," Jisung said motioning towards the other side of the bed, "Lay your ass down on the other side of the bed- as far as you can from me, and shut your fucking eyes and let me sleep for another few hours."

Yuna's face flushed and she did as she was told, basking in the softness of Jisung's bed. She laid down on the very edge of the bed, so she was as far from him as she could be. She had no pillow, but she was glad to not be laying on the floor.

After an hour of laying there and going in and out of sleep, she decided to get up. She rolled out of bed quietly and washed up. When she got out of the bathroom, she saw Jisung was still sleeping. She smiled, feeling the tingles rush up to her arm, and she walked out, going to make breakfast.

When she got to the kitchen, she opened the refrigerator and pantry to find them mostly barren. Yuna shook her head and decided to go grocery shopping. She went back to the room to throw on clothes, not bothering with makeup, and she walked out.

As she was driving there, she listened to quiet music, singing along and slightly bopping to the beat. She began to reflect on what happened. In the span of twenty-four hours, she realized she had a soulmate, she got a new roommate who was a dick, and she partially moved out of her parent's house. Great. Just great.

Pulling up to the store, she exited and walked in. She picked up the essentials like milk, eggs, and bread, and she also grabbed some chocolate brownies that were her favorite. Maybe Jisung would like them too. She walked up to check out and soon was exiting the store with a few bags full of food.

When she got home, she went inside to see Jisung was still asleep. She moved to the kitchen to cook eggs. She hummed as she made the food, making sure to keep the kitchen clean to avoid Jisung's wrath.

Jisung woke up to the smell of.... eggs? His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked over to the side, where Yuna was no longer sleeping, and he sighed. He peeked out of the room quietly to see Yuna was cooking. His heart and stomach jumped at the action because he couldn't cook, so it had been a long time since he had a home-cooked meal.

Jisung rushed back into the room to wash up and get clean for the day. When he was done, he walked out of his room, storming to his kitchen. "What are you doing," he asked in a monotone voice.

"Oh good morning Jisung, I went out to the store to get food since you didn't have any-"

Jisung cut her off with an angry whisper, "Did you pay for this?"

"Well... yeah. Now sit down and let's eat!" Yuna said, plating the food.

"Why..." Jisung began, but it seemed like Yuna already knew what he was going to say.

"I did it because I wanted to, you dork. Now don't just stand there, sit your ass down," Yuna said, handing him a plate.

They both sat down and ate in silence. Jisung was essentially shoving the food down his throat. "Whoa," Yuna said, "why are you eating so fast?" Jisung looked at her and scowled.

"As you might remember, I live alone," he bit back, "I never learned how to cook. Now shut up," he said, embarrassed that he was so desperate for a proper meal. Yuna took the hint and quieted herself.

Jisung, on the other hand, was feeling guilty. Yuna paid for his food, and he knew he couldn't pay her back. He pushed such thoughts down and finished his food. After washing his dish, he walked off to his room, feeling more full than he had in a long time.

Yuna smiled at Jisung. She knew he hadn't eaten well in a long time. She was just glad he didn't go off on her today like he did yesterday.

But she didn't like the fact that he slept with his mask on, and that he faced away from her while eating, and that he immediately slipped the mask on after he was done eating. What did he have to hide that was so important?

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

i felt like updating a few times today