35

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter thirty five - angel powers and blue-haired spying

"We're here," Jisung said, pulling up to Yuna's driveway.

Yuna was brought out of her daydreaming by Jisung's voice, and she smiled and got out of the car happily. She skipped up the driveway, so excited to see her family that she didn't pay attention to a rock, and she tripped, cutting her knee.

"Ow, shit," she hissed clutching her knee. 

Jisung looked over in alarm and rushed over to her, kneeling next to her.

"Are you okay?" he asked, wiping her blood with his hand. He had to fight the urge to lick it, but he didn't mention that.

"Yeah, it's a small cut. It just hurts like a bitch," she said, her eyes screwed shut in pain.

Jisung debated for a moment on what to do, but he knew that he had to help her. He was already putting her through so much emotional pain that this was the least he could do.

"Here," Jisung said, covering her knee with his palm, closing his eyes. His hand began to glow golden, and she felt warmth radiate from it.

Yuna looked up with surprise, marveling at how her cut slowly began to fade. She inhaled shakily and remembered the times her father did that to her. It was most definitely an angel power. Demons were equipped for destruction.

Soon, her knee was healed, and she couldn't feel any pain. Her eyes widened when she looked up and saw Jisung's eyes were swimming with gold. After a few moments, they went back to normal, and she gasped in shock. It felt like someone pulled a plug on her brain, and she couldn't form words.

"You...." she said, pointing back and forth from her knee and his hand as if she was going crazy, "healing..... angel... but you're a demon..... what the fuck."

Jisung nodded, the motion telling her he knew, "I don't even know myself. Just... don't mention it to your dad, please."

Yuna chuckled, "Of course not."

"But it would be fun to go on an adventure to find out why you have an angel power sooner or later."

"Yes," Jisung said, standing and helping her to her feet with his hand, "and that time is later."

"For now, let's go have a good time, even though your dad is there," he said, locking the car and walking up her driveway with her.

Little did they know, Mark Lee was sitting on top of a brick mailbox not far away, humming to himself.

"Gosh, I swear Jisung just gets more and more complicated by the day. That poor girl. She's lucky she's his soulmate or she would've been choking him by now."

Mark hopped down and prepared to leave, his momentary spying over, "At least they're getting along better, though. Their bond is healthier, I can tell."

"Man, and now I talk to myself too?! I guess Jisung had a good reason. It is fun after all."

With a snap of his fingers, nothing remained except the outline of the angel in sparks.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

ugh i can't imagine living with someone who never takes off their mask to look at me. i would go insane. poor yuna.

also mark's agenda is my favorite. more to come on that lmao