53

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fifty three - birthday wish

"Yuna," Jisung whispered, lightly shaking the girl next to him, "it's time for school."
"Jisung noooo," she groaned, moving away from him.

"Get up, you menace," he said, dragging her out of bed.
"You're rude," she huffed, going to change for school.
"I guess I am," Jisung smiled.

Even though he was trying to push it down, he couldn't deny it; he liked Yuna. Her smile, her personality, the way she never gave up on him. All of it made him lightheaded.

While they were on the way to school, Yuna looked over at Jisung, admiring his side profile, "So Jisung... not to pry, but how did your parents know you were a demon? Like can you tell?"

"Well," he said thickly, "I was born with gold and red flecks in my eyes, so they knew. And no you're not prying it's okay."
Yuna's brows furrowed, "Jisung, only angels are born with gold in their eyes."

"I... I don't know what to tell you. That's just what happened," he said.
"Jisung, don't you think it's weird? You have healing powers and gold in your eyes. Do you think it's possible that you could be half angel?"

Jisung bit his lip, "It's rare but it's possible."
"Well how do you find out?" the girl asked.

"It's too much. Don't worry about it," he said while waving it off.
"Tell me," Yuna pushed.

"I would have to bond with a half angel, so we'd both be half and half," he said.
Yuna looked down, "Oh. Well I can't really help you there, can I."

"It's okay, don't worry about it," he smiled.

Jisung laughed as they all made jokes at lunch. They all wished Chenle a happy birthday, singing the song loud for the cafeteria to hear.
It seemed like Chenle was embarrassed, but he loved it.

"Happy birthday dear Yuna and Chenle~ happy birthday to you!" The group sang, popping confetti over Chenle and Yuna.

They all were at Chenle's house, playing games and celebrating the birthday people.
"Happy birthday, Yuna. Even though it isn't really your birthday just yet," Jisung said, "here's a candle, make a wish."

Yuna smiled as Jisung held out a candle to her. She made her wish and blew it out, making him smile at her.
Instantaneously, Yuna felt a pain underneath her soulmate tattoo. She gasped when she saw a halo etched into her skin.

"Yuna... what was your wish?" Jisung asked nervously.
"I wished for a half angel to meet you so you could learn the truth about yourself," she whispered.

"Yuna, wishes only come true instantly for..." Jisung began.
"Angels," Yuna finished, "and I'm half angel, I guess."

Everyone in the room stood in silence, Renjun, Haechan and Chenle just staring at the pair.
"No way," Jisung whispered, "I can't bond with you."

"Why not?" she asked.
"Because it would bond us even more. Like love," he said.
Yuna took a deep breath, "We need to talk when we get home."

"Way to steal the spotlight!" Chenle whined.
"Don't worry," a familiar voice said, "I'm stealing the birthday boy anyway."

Mark appeared and placed a kiss on Chenle's lips, causing him to go red.
Haechan and Renjun fake gagged, to which Mark rolled his eyes at, "Have a good night everyone," he said.
And then the two disappeared.

"This friend group is some weird shit," Renjun commented.
"Seriously. Now let's get the fuck out of here," Haechan said, skipping out of the house.

Jisung smiled, looking at the ring Yuna wore, "It seems like so long since I gave you that ring," he chuckled.
"Seriously. It's been a crazy semester," she said, earning an agreement from Jisung.

"Thanks for the candle," she said, examining her halo tattoo.
"Thank you for using your wish on me, even if we can't act on it," Jisung said, stretching his lips into a half smile.

"Jisung, about that, what if we did act on it?"

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

a lot happened? I think?