20

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter twenty - he's a demon

It had been miserable for the two, and nothing changed until Thursday when Yuna got an idea. She knew there was no way that Jisung was an angel or a demon.... but it couldn't hurt to try, could it? She was surprised that she hadn't thought of it sooner.

They were both seated in Jisung's room, the sun was setting and the room was golden. Jisung was doing homework, so it was a perfect time to quietly check.

Yuna willed her brain to be able to see demons and angels. She blinked away the small flash of light that overtook her vision and shook her head. Yuna looked over at Jisung and she gasped audibly.

Jisung had two black wings sticking out of his back. They were big and majestic, almost beautifully scary. They were less transparent than angel wings, but they were still a little translucent. Unlike angel wings, which had a light fluffy feathered shape, his wings had sharper, narrower feathers. And he had no halo.

Jisung's eyes whipped over to her, glaring at her, "What do you want."

"You're......" she began, "you...." She sat there wide-eyed and surprised, unable to form words on her tongue.

"Spit it out," Jisung said.

"You're a... a... demon."

Jisung's eyes widened in surprise, "How do you know that," he whispered with force, looking around.

"My dad's an angel, which you must know since you're a demon. I can see you guys, but I'm just a human. I can turn off my skill too," Yuna whispered, her eyes still locked on his wings.

"Well turn it off now. If word gets out, I'll kill you," Jisung said, knowing he wouldn't because that would mean he would die too, him being her soulmate.

"Okay okay, geez," Yuna said, putting her hands up in surrender.

"Well, this is fun. So you know you hang out with angels, hmm?" Jisung asked with a devilishly playful tone.

Yuna nodded, "Yeah, they're actually nice, unlike you."

"I don't give a fuck, I'm not meant to be nice to you. I'm just here to pass the class," Jisung replied simply.

"And what about you? You hang out with Renjun and Haechan... are they demons?"

Jisung turned towards her and shrugged, "Renjun's a human, Haechan's a demon."

Yuna nodded and said, "Yeah, as you might know, Jaemin and Jeno are angels, and Chenle, Sohyee, and Meilee are humans who just know about angels and demons."

"Ok," was all Jisung said. After a few more seconds, he spoke, "And I hate your dad."

Yuna spluttered, "Why?!"

"He told me to 'watch it' when he noticed I was a demon. Plus, he is an angel. There's no reason not to hate him."

Yuna began laughing, it was the first time she had ever laughed around Jisung, it kind of frightened him, "Sure sure Jisung."

Jisung sent her a piercing gaze, as well as a gust of hot wind he created, to which she replied, "I'm not scared of you and your little 'demon looks' and 'powers' you know."

"Oh darling, you don't even know what I'm capable of," Jisung said with a smug voice.

Yuna's face flushed red at the nickname and she went back to making the bed.

"What babygirl? Scared of pet names? Or are you already in love with me."

Yuna sharply turned towards him and flipped him off, "Shut up Jisung, you wish."

Just as they were going to continue their conversation, she got a call from Jaemin. She answered and both his and Jeno's faces showed up.

"Hey, guys!" Yuna said, her face brightening at the sight of them. The phone was on speaker, and she could tell Jisung was listening.

"Hey Yuna, um so we have to tell you something," Jeno said.

Yuna cocked her head to the side, "What is it?"

"So we never told you.." Jaemin began, "but Jisung's a demon. He's not someone you want to get caught around or even associated with. So we need you to drop him as your partner."

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

🎵 Now they knowww 🎶