33

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter thirty three - the taste of pain

Yuna woke up to a call from Haechan. She answered and groaned at his loud voice coming from the speaker.

"What?" she said, her brain still clouded with sleep.

"Come on! We're here! Get some clothes on and let's get to school!" Haechan said, then immediately hanging up.

Yuna sighed as she got changed. In the midst of it all, she told her soulmate,

i miss my roommate

When she was done, she exited the house, locking the door and grabbing her bag. She got into the backseat of Haechan's car and greeted them.

"Hey."

"Hey," Renjun said.

"How's Jisung? He didn't come home and I'm nervous," she said, fiddling with his ring.

"He's okay," Haechan said, driving to school, "he just needed time to think.

Yuna nodded, understanding.

"Hey- where'd you get that ring?" Renjun asked, pointing at the ring on her finger.

"I got it from Jisung," she replied.

"Really?" Haechan asked.

"Yeah? Why?"

"Nothing," Renjun said, "It's just that he's really protective of his rings and that one, in particular, is special."

"Why is it special?"

"He got it on the first vacation he ever took. It was his first trip, and he made sure he took it alone. He got that ring on the trip, it was like his first lick of freedom from Saint Anne's- the place he stayed as a little kid."

"Yeah, he told me about Saint Anne's. Damn, now I feel bad about taking it, even though he gave it to me."

"Don't," Haechan said, waving it off, "if he gave it to you, he wanted you to have it."

"Okay," she said, biting her lip.

Once they got to school, she thanked them and went to her classes, still thinking about Jisung.

Thoughts about Jisung plagued her thoughts throughout all of her classes. No matter how much she tried to ignore them and make them go away, she still found herself thinking about moments with him.

At lunch, she went in to see her ex-friends at a table. As soon as she saw them, all of them looked away, whispering about her. She fought the urge to run, and she looked towards Renjun and Haechan. Jisung wasn't there.

Renjun nodded, giving her the 'ok' to go sit with them. She sighed in relief and sat in front of the two.

"No Jisung?" she asked.

"Not a sign," Haechan muttered, "But he should be here soon."

"That's good," she said, feeling better.

"Here," Renjun said, handing her a cookie, "I packed extra."

"You're an asshole!" Haechan pouted, "I asked for one and he said no!"

Yuna laughed, feeling better with the demon and human. She didn't even bother to look at the angels, who were eyeing her.

"Excuse me, students," the principal of the school said in a mic, "We have a student here to sing a song for us as a treat! Give it up for Park Jisung!"

Yuna's head whipped to the front of the cafeteria, where Jisung was standing on a small platform. The rest of the students were surprised because Jisung never talked, much less sang.

Haechan and Renjun smirked, sending Jisung a knowing smile. Renjun flashed him a thumbs up and Haechan sent him finger hearts, causing him to clear his throat to avoid laughter

"Um, hi, I wrote this song. Please start the music?" Jisung said, feeling nervous.

He was about to say the things over a song that he wouldn't dare to say to someone's face. He just hoped it went well and he didn't have a voice crack.

Softly, the music started, filling the cafeteria well, so it was all Yuna could hear, besides the pounding of her own heart.

"I know you're somewhere out there. Somewhere far away," Jisung sang.

Yuna, as well as everyone else, was in awe, his voice was smooth and velvety, it was softer than she had ever heard his voice be.

"I want you back, I want you back. My neighbors think I'm crazy," 

Yuna's heart twisted, every fiber in her body told her he was singing about her.

"But they don't understand, you're all I had, you're all I had."

Jisung started to tear up, as much as he despised crying. The scenarios that came to mind with the song were too familiar. The person who he had in his mind as he was singing was too unreachable. It pained him both mentally and physically.

He braced himself for the hardest part, willing himself not to cry. He didn't need another video of him crying out for the whole school to see.

"At night, when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself. Talking to the moon, trying to get to you. In hopes you're on the other side talking to me, too. Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?" 

Yuna felt tears falling, it was too emotional. She couldn't help but nearly sob, ignoring Haechan and Renjun's scared looks. She held the ring he gave her in her hands, clutching it to her chest.

"I'm feeling like I'm famous, the talk of the town. They say I've gone mad. Yeah, I've gone mad." 

She knew that part of him was talking about her. She could feel it. Something about them seemed to be connected. Their auras were looming, the room feeling heavier than they could handle.

"But they don't know what I know, 'cause when the sun goes down, someone's talking back. Yeah, they're talking back, oh. At night, when the stars light up my roomI sit by myself," 

Yuna made eye contact with Jisung, her heart throbbing with amounts of pain she didn't even know she possessed. 

"Talking to the moon, trying to get to you. In hopes you're on the other side talking to me, too. Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?"

She mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' to Jisung, wiping her tears with a napkin Renjun handed to her.

The entire cafeteria, minus Yuna's old table clapped for Jisung. He gave a small smile to everyone and bowed, stepping off of the platform.

Yuna stood from her chair, making a loud squeak, she marched her way up to Jisung, earning gasps from everyone, and she threw herself around him in a hug.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

listen if you don't like the song i used... sorry. i just thought the lyrics fit