16

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter sixteen - talks and empty wallets

Both Jisung and Yuna were seated on Jisung's bed. Jisung made sure to sit as far away as he could from her. "What is it," he said flatly, looking at her with cold eyes.

"Well," she said, her voice quiet, "my soulmate talked to me mentally today... and he rejected me. He didn't even give me a chance.... he just said to leave him alone," she said, the tears falling from her eyes faster than she would like.

"And? you probably don't need him anyway," Jisung said, pushing down the guilt and longing that was creeping upon him.

Sobs racked her body, "I fucking need him, Jisung. We're supposed to love each other, and I'll never feel as complete with anyone else as I would with him. But what would you know," she cried, silently drying her tears.

"Thanks for listening Jisung, even though you don't care. I'm going to take a nap," Yuna said, laying down on the floor and slowly falling asleep.

Jisung knew he was hurting her, but he knew it was for the better. She was too good.

"Yun- Yuna," Jisung said, as he shook Yuna awake.

"Hmmph, what Jisung?" she said, slowly stirring awake, sitting up.

"It's been four hours, it's 6pm," he said, standing and going to grab clothes, "we forgot to get your pajamas, here," he said, throwing a blue shirt of his at her, "go shower, you stink."

"Thanks, Jisung," Yuna said, standing and walking to the bathroom. Just before she went in, she stopped, leaning to say, "Hey, I'm sorry about my friends, what they said was totally out of line, I trust you," and she walked in to shower.

"Sure idiot," he responded, turning away from her.

On the other side, Jisung stood there in shock. Why was she suddenly being nice? It's not like he did anything but act cruel towards her. Jisung smiled darkly to himself, it must be a trick from her and her friends.

It had to be. There was no way that anyone who wasn't trying to play a trick would be nice to Jisung Park.

Yuna sighed in relief as she stepped into the hot shower. Everything had been chaotic since she met Jisung. She wasn't even sure how she got here, but she did.

She wanted to talk to her soulmate. She knew he didn't want her, but she needed someone other than Jisung to talk to, and the angels weren't the best to do that with.

soulmate? are you there?

what.

can we talk?

no.

but please

my friend who's my roommate hates me

are you sure he's your friend

and you already told me that

well i would like to think of him as my friend because it's sad to think that he hates me

ok

well

get with him about it

not me

i know... i just needed someone to vent to.

he's a good person... and i know it

how could you possibly know that.

i don't really know. but i have a pull towards him, i don't know, but it's something

hmm. well i have to go

goodbye yuna.

wait-

Another unsuccessful attempt at getting closer to her soulmate. Oh well, she had friends to talk to. She stepped out of the shower, getting dressed and gathering her things, then she exited the bathroom.

Jisung was laying on his bed, scrolling through his phone when he saw Yuna walk out. He was still a little stunned from the whole mental communication thing, but he still made his appearance seem unbothered.

"Thanks for the pajamas, Jisung," Yuna said.

Jisung mumbled out a, "No problem" and sat up.

"I'm hungry," he said, "I showered while your ass was dead asleep, so let's find some dinner."

"Is Park Jisung finally been considerate?" Yuna asked in a teasing voice while putting her things away.

"Maybe. Now shut the fuck up before I change my mind and leave your ass alone," he said while standing to grab his wallet.

"No no! Let's go," Yuna said, dragging him out of the house and into the car, "I'm driving today."

Jisung huffed but complied, sitting in the passenger's seat. "Where should we go?" Yuna asked.

"I don't care. I just want food," Jisung replied, sitting back in his seat as she pulled out.

"Let's go to Sushi Grill!! I love it there!!!" she said, getting excited.

Jisung's stomach dropped. He looked in his wallet to find it mostly empty. Sushi Grill was expensive, there was no way he could afford that.

He was pitiful. He couldn't even take care of himself or even buy his soulmate a meal. He internally ached, he wished he wasn't who he was.

Even though the thought had him cringing, he might have been better off if he was an angel.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı