3

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter three - shots and pizza

"WE GOT THE DRINKSSSSSS" Meilee and Sohyee screamed, running towards the girl by the fountain.

"What took you guys so long? You were gone for a while," Yuna said, moving to grab a shot, taking it with a grimace.

"Wellllll we met a cute guy and his friends and they bought us shots!!" Meilee said, seemingly already drunk.

Yuna rolled her eyes, deciding against taking any more shots, knowing she would have to drive her two idiot friends home. "You guys have an hour, then I'm driving you home," she said, shaking her head. It was already dark out, and she was bored.

"Fineee but let's do something funnnnn," Meilee said, getting Sohyee to nod vigorously. "Let's get pizza!!" Sohyee said, already moving to the pizza place across the street. Yuna sighed, pulling out her wallet, knowing her friends were too drunk to pay themselves.

They went and sat in a booth while Yuna ordered a pepperoni pizza and a few sodas. While she was walking to her seat, she saw someone walk in. In fact, it was the very person she tripped over, Park Jisung.

Yuna wondered what was going on. She had never seen Park Jisung outside of school until today. Maybe he finally decided to be social. She set the food down, her friends going to devour it right away.

She watched Jisung order then accept his food. Instead of going to sit with some of the other teens seated at various tables, he sat in a booth alone and began to eat. Yuna felt bad. When she really thought about it, he looked lonely. He had a few friends but they weren't there.

"Yuna come on let's eat! Stop staring at Jisung, ugh," Meilee said, causing Yuna to jerk her head toward the table, hoping Jisung didn't hear.

Little did she know, Jisung heard, and he was listening to their conversation.

"Get the fuck out of my car," Yuna said, shoving Sohyee out and towards her house. She had vomited right out of the car window and onto the freeway.

"Geez see you tomorrow too bitch," Sohyee said, sticking her tongue out and staggering up the driveway to her house.

Meilee quickly transitioned to the front, almost completely sober. "Hey," she said, "you seemed tense tonight. Don't worry about the roommate project, ok?" Yuna nodded, swallowing hard.

"I know, but it's going to be for a semester. What if I get someone that I don't want? I'll be stuck with them." Meilee nodded in understanding.

"Don't worry, it'll work out," she said. And Yuna really tried to believe her.

They drove in silence, the sound of the city the only sound around. People walked the streets, laughing and having a good time.

"Well we're here, see you tomorrow bestie," Yuna said, unlocking the car. Meilee thanked her and went inside. Yuna said goodbye and proceeded to go home.

When Yuna got home she saw that the babysitter had put her brother to sleep, and he was sitting down on the couch. "Hey," she greeted, "actually stayed up this time, hmm?"

The boy nodded sheepishly and gathered his things. "Your parents said I could leave when you got home. Have a good night," he said, grabbing his keys.

"You too," she responded, locking the door when he was gone. When he was gone, she finished washing the dishes and making sure all of the lights were off.

After she went upstairs to wash up, humming a song that popped up in her brain.

Under the hot shower, she could think clearer. She would do the project no matter what. It wasn't like it was permanent. Plus, she could make a friend in the process. And she needed the grade in order to pass.

When she got out, she dried off and brushed her teeth, still humming the same tune. After some time, she turned on the fairy lights in her room and laid down.

Just before bed, she got a text from Meilee.

MeiMei

One more reason not to stress about the project:

if it's a guy, you might get a boyfriend ;)

;)

Yuna chuckled. She was so lucky to have her two best friends. After turning on some quiet music, she drifted off to sleep, now unaware of anything in the world.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

this chapter was so dry i apologize