42

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter forty two - the calm after the storm

While Jisung was in the shower, Yuna got the idea to make something extra for Jisung. Since he didn't like the store-bought brownies she brought a while back, she decided to make homemade ones.

She quickly put together a batter, one that her mom taught her to make when she was little. Tasting a little bit of chocolate on her thumb, she smiled. It was just like before. Once the oven was preheated, she set it in and waited for it to bake.

While she waited, she put together a quick dinner of rice and beef, making sure to put extra on Jisung's plate. Once she finished, she set the plates and went to check on Jisung.

Jisung stood in his room pulling a shirt on when the door opened. He jumped and made sure to turn around, which revealed his demon tattoo to Yuna. He wasn't wearing his mask, so he didn't move from that position.

"Oh fuck, sorry Jisung," Yuna said, nearly turning around. But once she saw the tattoo, she took a step closer and looked at it before it was concealed by Jisung's long-sleeved shirt.

"Is that your tattoo?" she asked, still talking to a turned around Jisung.

"Mhm, yeah, can you hand me my mask?"

Yuna looked around and saw it was on the dresser. She handed it to Jisung and he slipped it on, moving to face her.

"Yeah, that's my tattoo," he said, moving to throw his dirty clothes into his closet.

"That's really cool. Well, I'm going to shower so wait for me and I'll set dinner," she said, grabbing some of Jisung's pajamas and moving to the bathroom.

Jisung nodded and sat on his bed scrolling through Instagram. He had gotten a lot of DMS about him and Yuna, and he moved down a list blocking people. He was even sent pictures of him and Yuna out and about. He sighed and threw his phone. It wasn't contributing well to his mental health.

He laid back on his bed, staring at the ceiling when he heard a familiar voice in his head.

hey

what is it now?

nothing i'm just worried

why?

well i made me and my roommate dinner

okay?

what's so scary about that?

when we first met, i gave him some store bought brownies

they're my favorite

and he hated them

so what's that have to do with now?

i made him some homemade ones to make up for it

i just hope he doesn't hate my recipe

it's mine and my mom's

oh

i'm sure he'll like them

okay, thanks

mhm... talk to you later

okay!

Jisung subconsciously smiled and kicked his legs on the bed. Yes, it was a very elementary school child thing to do, but he couldn't help but be happy.

Maybe it was the bond intensifying his feelings with Yuna, or maybe it was just his own. Either way, he was excited to try the brownies. He actually did like the store bought ones, he was just being extra cruel to her before.

Yuna stepped out of the bathroom feeling comfortable and warm. She saw Jisung sprawled out on his bed, scrolling on his phone with soft music filtering through a speaker on the dresser.

"Hey Jisung," she said, patting his foot, "let's go eat."

Jisung stood from the best, a little more happy than he should've been. He followed her to the kitchen and grabbed the plates she had covered with foil to keep them warm. They set them on the table and Yuna walked back into the kitchen.

She came out with a pan of brownies and she set them down next to Jisung.

"So," she said, sitting down in front of him, "I made some brownies because you didn't like the ones I gave you before. I just kinda wanted to see if you would like them."

"Sure," he said, smiling through his mask.

They ate in silence, Jisung always turned away and lifted his mouth to take bites. Once their plates were cleared, Jisung moved to grab a piece of the brownie.

"I'll try it," he said, raising a piece and slipping it under his mouth to eat.

Immediately, his mouth bursted with chocolate. It was sweet but still savory. It was really, really good.

"It's really good," he said, giving her a small nod. He didn't want to go all out because he wasn't exactly trying to get too close to her, but she seemed pleased with his reaction.

"Really? That's great," she smiled, cleaning up the dishes and grabbing his plate, "I'll wash these."

Jisung walked back to his room and sat on the bed. When he was going to reach for his phone, he saw a note left on top of it. He picked it up and read it with an eye roll.

"Glad to see you two are getting along with each other better" -Mark lee

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

i have nothing to say