55

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fifty five - finally, i can breathe

"Happy birthday," Jisung whispered to Yuna, "you're finally eighteen."
"Good morning to you too, and thank you," she smiled, opening her eyes to be met with the sight of Jisung leaning over her.
She lifted her head and placed a soft kiss on his lips, which made him turn away in embarrassment.

"You're such a baby," Yuna laughed.
"Oh really? So if I did this," he said, smashing their lips together, "you wouldn't be embarrassed?"

"Shut up," she mumbled, turning to the side, "let's get ready."
Jisung simply laughed and proceeded to get ready for school.

"So you telling me what?!" Haechan screamed.
The group was at lunch, and Yuna hadn't made it to the cafeteria yet. Jisung sat at the table telling the rest of them what happened the night before.
"Honestly, it's about time," Chenle commented.
Renjun nodded in agreement, "It's been too long."

Yuna walked into the cafeteria, immediately going to look at her table with a smile. Her eyes scanned the room, stopping at her old table.
She saw Jaemin wave at her, and she sent him a pressed lip smile.
"Yuna! Can we talk to you?" Meilee yelled.

Yuna began to panic, she didn't want to sit with them. Luckily,  Jisung noticed and he waved her over, sending a glare at the other table. The angels watched in disbelief as Yuna slowly walked over to Jisung. The male had a smirk plastered on his face as she took a seat next to him.
They saw that the angels were still staring, so he cupped her jaw and pressed an open mouthed kiss to her lips, causing Renjun and Haechan to scream.

The angels quickly turned away, talking almost themselves. People around started whispering about Yuna and Jisung after seeing the kiss.

"God, you guys confess your undying love for each other and suddenly it's a live porno," Renjun groaned.

"Shut up," Jisung chuckled.
"Moving on, what did you and Mark do last night?" Haechan asked Chenle teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows.
Chenle rolled his eyes, "It's not even like that, we just went and chilled outside."
"Hmm, okay," Jisung said skeptically.

"In other news, Jisung has to talk to my parents tonight," Yuna chuckled, causing the group to laugh.
"Good luck not choking up," Renjun said, giving him an apologetic look.
"He'll be fine," Chenle said with a nod.

The group looked up and saw that people were looking at Yuna and Jisung, whispering.

"They're dating?"
"Did Jisung finally open up?"
"They're cute together"
"It sucks that I can't get him"
"No one remembers Jungwon from English class, do they..."
"They're so bold in public"
"Single."

"Why are people talking about us," Yuna whispered, hiding in Jisung's sweater.
"Because you're dating the hottest guy in our school, duh," Haechan said, rolling his eyes.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," Renjun commented, taking a slurp of his soup.
"Yeah, behold Jisung bitch," Haechan retorted.

"Shut up guys, you're embarrassing," Jisung groaned.
Yuna laughed and proceeded to make jokes with everyone at the table. After so long of it being tense with Jisung, it felt good to open up and just have a good time.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea, Angel," Jisung said, staing at Yuna's front door with worry.
"Don't worry, they'll be nice. And if my dad isn't, my mom will make him be," Yuna replied, knocking on the door.

"Yuna!" Daesom screamed when she opened the door, "I've missed you!"
The woman engulfed her daughter in a hug, "I missed you too, mom," she said.
From behind Daesom, Donghyun stood watching them.

"Come in!" the woman said, inviting the two teens in.
"Hey dad," Yuna smiled.
"Nice to see you, happy birthday," Donghyun said.

"You're too strung up," Daesom told her husband, "lighten up."
The male followed the group into the dining room to sit down. Jisung greeted the parents, Daesom being kind, and Donghyun being formal.

"Happy birthday to you," Daesom sang, bringing a cake out from the kitchen.
The family and Jisung sang happy birthday, and Yuna blew out her candles once more.
"Make a good wish," Jisung whispered.

Yuna shut her eyes and made her wish, feeling the tingling that meant it was coming true. A small box appeared on the table, and Yuna smiled softly.
Donghyun's eyes widened, "That's... that's not possible," he whispered.

"That's what I thought," Yuna said, "but it seems that I somehow managed to end up as half angel, half human."
"That's wonderful," her mother smiled, "it's a wonderful thing, angel powers."
Jisung watched the family, a small dull ache in his heart. He knew his family was nothing like them, but he couldn't help but wish it was.

Yuna opened the small box and pulled out two lockets, each of them having a picture of Jisung and Yuna in them. She smiled and handed one too Jisung, "For you."
Jisung gave her a small grin, "You're something else."

The parents stared between the two teens, slowly understanding the relationship between the two.
"So you two.." Donghyun began.
Yuna nodded, causing her mother's eyes to light up, "Finally! I'm so excited!"

The group of people talked while taking slices of cake, eating nearly all of it. Jisung got more comfortable with talking to them, so he told them about himself, and everything.
"I can't believe we have a half and half," Daesom breathed.
"He's one of a kind," Yuna smiled.

Eventually the two prepared to leave, Yuna saying her goodbyes and Jisung standing respectfully in the corner.
Donghyun walked up to Jisung, talking lowly, "If you hurt her..."
"Don't worry, dad," Yuna said, "he wouldn't dare."

She sent Jisung a wink and together they walked out into the night.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

;)