52

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fifty two - back to our regularly scheduled programming

"Hey," Yuna said, moving to sit by Renjun and the demons, "long time no see."
"Not long enough," Renjun joked.

Yuna smiled, "Yeah right, you guys missed me."
"Maybe so," Haechan mused.

Chenle came up behind them and sat next to Yuna, "Hey I'm Chenle as you might know."
"He's with us," Jisung said quickly. He could tell Haechan was about to say something.

"Oh, nice to meet you," Haechan said.
"You too," Chenle nodded.
"So basically Jisung and Haechan are demons and Renjun's a human," Yuna said, explaining why two of them out of the group looked like they were pulled from a sea of black.

"Ohhh okay," Chenle said.
"So, how's it been having Jisung Park over here as your soulmate?" Renjun asked Yuna.

"It's been a ride, but it's fun for the most part," she said, smiling at Jisung.
"Most of our issues were just misunderstandings and bad communication," she added.

"So you're dating?" Haechan asked while raising an eyebrow.
"No we're not," Jisung said, his voice threatening to crack.
"Okay," Haechan said, nodding suspiciously.

"Oh! It's my birthday tomorrow," Chenle said, softly elbowing Yuna.
Yuna rolled her eyes, "You're only one day older."

"It's your birthday really soon, I didn't know, "Jisung mumbled.
"It's okay, you don't have to do anything," the girl said, "we're going to Chenle's tomorrow to celebrate both of our birthdays, no questions asked."

"I'll add that to the schedule because Haechan over here doesn't keep one," Renjun said.
"Who the fuck keeps a schedule?!" Haechan whined, feeling exasperated.

The group laughed, the vibes finally feeling better. Now that there wasn't any conflict between Yuna and Jisung, all they did was joke around.

"Jisung's the type of person to punch a solid tree then apologize for getting his blood on it," Haechan laughed.
"Hey! I am not!"

"How are you holding up?" Jisung asked Yuna while they were laying on the bed.
"Fine," she sighed, "it's just that things have been crazy, and I need time to slow down. Like look, we've been though almost three months of this project. We've come so far."

"I get it," he said, "the world is scary, but we have to make the most of it."
He sat up and looked down at Yuna, who was deep in thought.

"I don't even know how to make the best out of anything," she whispered.
Jisung leaned down, his breath ghosting over Yuna's lips.

It was like time froze; their bond and their hearts pulling them together. The only thing holding them back was the walls they put up.
Still, he made sure to keep his distance. Their friendly mood had only been around a few days.
"You'll figure it out," he breathed, slowly sitting up.

It felt like they were in a trance. The two laid next to each other in Jisung's bed.
It had been so long since Yuna had first walked into his room, since the day she asked him for pajamas, since the day she made him breakfast. They grew up, they got hurt, and Yuna could almost swear she might have fallen in love.

"Jisung..." Yuna said, "I think this might be the best project I've ever done."

Jisung chuckled fondly, "I think it might be too."

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

how long are we thinking this story should be?
65? 70? 80 chapters?

I don't really know. Please help me lmao