58

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fifty eight - meet the parents... again

"What the fuck," Jisung said, staring at the couple in front of him.
Yuna felt the discomfort and she could tell that they were Jisung's parents. Instinctively, she laced their fingers together. Jisung gave her a thankful squeeze in response.

"Hello, son," the man said.
"What do you people want?" he asked, his voice laced with resentment.
"We've come to talk," his mother said, "we own this house, please let us in."

Jisung opened the door reluctantly and the two stepped in. He held his breath, this was the last thing he wanted to do. Everyone sat on the couch, Yuna making sure to sit far away.
"Who is this?" his mother asked, gesturing to Yuna.
"None of your fucking business," he spat, his parents didn't deserve to know who she was.

The air felt tense, Jisung hadn't been visited by his parents in years. His eyes remained cold, refusing to display the fear that was coursing through him.

"What do you want?" Jisung asked, eyeing the two professionally dressed adults.
Must be office workers, he thought.
"Well," his father began, "you're eighteen."
"Correct," Jisung deadpanned, "what does this have to do with you showing up?"

"Since you're technically an adult, we've decided that we no longer need to pay for anything of yours. It took a lot of time and consideration, but we can't fund you anymore," his mother said.
"We've decided to sell this house," his father finished.
Jisung's breath caught. He didn't have any money. Hell, he barely knew how to get his own place. He could feel his brain starting to spiral.

Everyone sat there in awkward silence, Yuna felt like she was intruding. She could tell and feel that Jisung was hurt.

"So you're telling me to leave, correct?" he asked.
The two parents nodded.
"I'll have my shit gone soon," Jisung said, "you can leave now."

He motioned for his parents to stand and leave, which they did with pressed smiles.

"Goodbye," his father said walking out of the house, "the house will be on the market by the end of the week."
"You have until then to get your things out of here."
Jisung opened the door and watched them leave, slamming it when they were gone.

"Fuck!" he yelled, hitting his head against the wall in anger.
"I'm sorry," Yuna whispered to him, a wave of sadness crashing over them both.
"It's okay," he said, "I'll find somewhere else to go."

"Jisung, no you won't. People our age are broke, we're stuck," she said. If they really faced reality, they weren't going to actually be able to pull off getting a new place to live.
"You aren't," he told her, "you have your parents."
"I'm not leaving you, dumbass," she said, giving him a hug.
"You're a dream," Jisung sighed, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair.

The two sat there in a tense silence, both of them considering their offers for the future.
"I need to make a call," Yuna said, removing herself from Jisung's grasp.
"Hurry back," he pouted.

Yuna walked into the room and dialed Chenle's number in a hurry. She didn't know what she was going to do about the things with Jisung, but he was the only person she could think to call.
"Hey," Chenle said when he answered.
"Hey, something bad happened to Jisung," she said.

"What's wrong?!" he asked, his face laced with worry through the video call.
"Jisung's parents stopped by and said they're selling his house."
"Oh shit. Where's he going to go?" Chenle asked.

"I don't know. I just called you in a panic because you're my only emergency contact."
"This shot always happens the Jisung," Chenle sighed, "and I'm honored to be your emergency contact."
Both of them let out a small chuckle, Yuna glancing at the door where Jisung was.

She heard silence from the other line and some shuffling. Eventually she heard whispers between Chenle and someone else and she could almost swear she had heard the other voice before.

"Well," he said, "there is a way I could help, but we'd have to make sure we don't tell him until it's final, so he can't decline," Chenle said tentatively.

"How?" she asked.
"Well I've been talking to someone for a little now, and I think there's a way that we could buy that house," he said.
"Buy this house? From his parents?"

Chenle nodded l, "But I'm not sure if you'll agree if you hear who the person helping will be."
"Who?"

"Jaemin," he said as the mentioned face came into view of the camera.

"Hello Yuna."

Yuna walked back into the living room once she was done. She saw that Jisung was seated on the couch, a singular tear running down his face.
She could feel that he was conflicted. He was angry, sad, and resentful all at the same time. He couldn't decided if he was sad or upset at what his parents did to him.
Choking back a sob, he burried his face in his hands.

"Jisung, baby, it's going to be okay," Yuna said, rushing over to him and giving him a large hug. Their bond strengthened the feeling for the both of them, and Jisung slowly calmed down.
"Trust me," she whispered to him.

"Okay," he said, his voice nearly hoarse.
"I know you're not feeling good, but we have to eat something. We skipped lunch. Wanna eat some spaghetti for dinner?" Yuna asked.
"We could do a part two of last time," she smiled, "you know, now that you can actually enjoy it with me."

Jisung tightened his hold on her, "Of course. But for now, just hold me."

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

i didn't include anything detailed about jisung's parents because in the story he himself didn't know much about them so yeah