17

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter seventeen - spaghetti and no balls

"Listen Yuna, there's a lot of shit you don't know about me.... and I'm not interested or ready to tell you. But I don't have the means to go to Sushi Grill, I'm sorry," Jisung said, looking down at his fingers.

"It's ok Jisung," Yuna said, "I'll pay."

Jisung's eyes whipped up in shock and anger, "You will not buy me food. Get that idea out of your head, it's the worst one you've ever had. Just get food for yourself. I'll manage."

"Jisung, I know it must be hard to live alone as a teen and all.... and we don't have to go to Sushi Grill at all. And since you won't let me buy food for you, let's go home and make something. I'll teach you how to cook pasta. I bought some ingredients earlier. Bottom line, no exceptions," Yuna said, turning the car around to head home.

"Ok..." Jisung said, feeling guilty. He could feel his heartstrings being tugged and twisted. But his thoughts were cut off when he heard Yuna's.

soulmate. you don't have to respond, i just need to say something

it must be so hard for jisung, who's my roommate and my sorta friend

he must not have it easy, living alone and all

i just hope he knows i care and that i understand and ugh....

i just wish he knew that i would never judge him for not having money.

i wish he would let me in to his world

Jisung felt his throat constrict as he listened to Yuna. Everything she said sent tingles up his spine and into his soulmate mark.

But he had to hate her. There was no other option. If he wanted her to be happy, she had to be as far away from him as she could.

When they pulled up to Jisung's house, they both got out and went inside. Yuma immediately went to the kitchen to pull out the supplies to make spaghetti while Jisung went to put away their wallets and keys.

When Jisung emerged from his room, he saw Yuna washing her hands and looking around for some cookware that they could use.

"Hey idiot, the pots are in the bottom right cabinet. Open your eyes," he said, pointing to the cabinet and watching her pull it out and set it down.

"Can you boil some water in that pot?" Yuna asked, pointing at a pot and moving to grab a saucepan.

"Don't order me around," he said, at the same time moving to fill the pot.

Yuna rolled her eyes at his immaturity and turned on the stove, simultaneously pouring the sauce into the pan. She began stirring, only stopping to get the ground beef out of the freezer and plop it into the sauce.

"Could you break this up for me, Jisung?" she asked, moving to grab noodles.

"Sure," Jisung said, accepting the spatula from her and beginning to break up the pieces of meat. His stomach growled, the food already smelled good.

Meanwhile, Yuna cooked the noodles, bringing them to a simmer. "You can turn off the stove Jisung, the sauce is done." Jisung did as she said and pulled out plates shortly after.

Yuna accepted the plates with a small "thank you" and put a sufficient amount of food on their plates. She handed one to Jisung and he took it silently and stormed off.

"You can eat at the table," Jisung said, "I'm eating in my room."

Yuna was left standing in the kitchen like an idiot. She knew there was no way Jisung would ever be sincerely nice to her. He was full of tricks, and she had to remind herself of that. He wasn't there to be her friend. He was there to pass a class.

Not to mention she was always better off with the angels anyways.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

not yuna losing hope 😩