51

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fifty one - tired of feeling sorry

Jisung let out a choked noise as he slammed himself against the wall of the alley behind the school. All he had been thinking about the night before and this morning was saying sorry to Yuna.

He could feel her hurt even through their distance, and it was eating him alive. Little by little, he got used to hearing her thoughts, seeing her smile, listening to the sound of her laugh.

When he fucked up and told her they were soulmates, he was sure things were just going to get better. Hell, he thought she would want him when he didn't want her.
Instead, they didn't want each other. Things only got worse. And the feeling that hurt the most was that he was letting himself think about her. In fact, Haechan might have been right about his feelings. Maybe he did love her in some twisted, complicated way.

Maybe that's why he felt the overwhelming urge to say sorry for the pictures she saw. Maybe that's why he woke up early to hunt for her favorite treat. Maybe that's why it hurt so much when he saw her kiss Chenle.
He always said he wanted her to go away, but he felt a sense of emptiness now that it had happened.

Jisung stayed there for the rest of the day, thinking about what happened. Didn't he want this? Wasn't this what he had been pushing for since the project started?

Once the sun began to set, Jisung heard footsteps walking towards him. He looked up through his eyelashes and saw Mark standing there.
"You know why I'm here, right?" Mark said.

"Yeah," Jisung sighed, "Just take me to her."
Mark grabbed Jisung's hand and they disappeared together only to reappear in front of a tear stricken Yuna who was laying in Chenle's bed. Chenle laid next to her, playing soft music on his phone.

"Oh god," Chenle said, looking at Mark, "it always scares me every time."
Mark chuckled, "Sorry but these two soulmates decided to wait out their two days."

Jisung glanced around the room and saw Yuna had saved the card and snack. They were on top of Chenle's dresser.
His heart twisted.

"Hey," the girl said softly to Jisung.
"Let's go," Mark whispered to Chenle, the two going to the living room.

"Hi," Jisung said, his voice tight.
"Where have you been? I looked for you," she sniffed, "I fucked up."

"It's okay," he said, "just because we're soulmates doesn't mean you can't love someone else. It's fine."
She turned to him, "The thing is, Chenle's gay. I only did this to see if our bond would get stronger, I know, it's stupid. I feel horrible about it."

Jisung was relieved for some reason that she didn't like Chenle, "Okay... well you never let me explain myself about the picture you saw."
Yuna nodded, her eyes getting teary, "Are you dating her?"

"No," Jisung said, shaking his head, "no no no, she's a girl I seduced and killed. You know, just blood sucking things. Someone must have gotten a photo of it. I know I'm an asshole but I'm not that big of one."
Yuna's eyes widened, "I'm so sorry, Jisung. I assumed things and I didn't talk to you."

[just blood sucking tingz 😎 okay im sorry lmao]

He shook his head, "It's okay, I did it too."
Jisung took the card from Chenle's dresser and handed it to Yuna, "I explained it here but I don't think you read it."

Yuna's eyes scanned over the card, "Holy shit, I'm so sorry."
"It's okay. We're cool now," Jisung smiled.
He took a brownie and handed it to Yuna, also taking one for himself.

"I thought you hated them?"
"I lied," he said, sending her a small smirk.
Yuna gave him a small smile, "So are we friends now?"

Jisung nodded, "Yeah.. friends."
"Yay!" she said, finishing her brownie, "can me and Chenle sit with you at lunch now? Chenle's not friends with the angels anymore, so we're alone."
Jisung chuckled, "Of course."

"I'll tell him. Let's go find him and Mark," the girl said while hopping off of the bed.
The two walked into Chenle's living room and started acting dramatic. Him and Mark were kissing on the couch.
"Gross!" they yelled.

"Get over it," Chenle panted, "my house, my rules."

"Sure," Jisung mumbled.

That night, the four had a good time watching movies and talking. Apparently Chenle got Mark's number on one of his visits.
Since then, the two males started dating.

The entire night, Yuna and Jisung had a fuzzy feeling in their hearts.
And maybe, just maybe, Jisung let her sleep on the bed when they got home.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

So much ✨character development✨