40

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter forty - music, chenle, and tension

Yuna took a deep breath, she was about to enter the cafeteria for the first time in almost a month. Rumors and pictures of her and Jisung had been drifting around. She just couldn't take them, so she stayed away. But now she was ready to face it, all thanks to the blue-haired angel.

She carried her cafeteria tray, stopping at the array of students in the place. Eyes were on her, even the eyes of her old angel friends.

Over the weeks she was gone, she was told she had gotten really popular amongst the students, and it was true. People invited her to sit with them, and she was overwhelmed. She looked over and saw Jaemin trying to wave her over. She rolled her eyes and turned away.

Then she saw the demons waving her over. The three looked at her expectantly and she choked up. She wanted to sit with them, but it was hard. Instead, she held back nervous tears and sat with the person closest to her, earning looks from them. It was.... Chenle?

"Chenle? Why are you sitting alone?" she asked, sitting in front of him.

"I left the group," he said simply.

Yuna's jaw dropped, "Why?"

"I saw what they did to you and Jisung. It wasn't right. I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you, but I'm here."

Yuna nearly sobbed in relief, "Thank you so much. As always, you're a lifesaver."

"You know me," Chenle said, a smile creeping onto his face.

Yuna looked over at Jisung and saw he was looking at her, fuming. A girl passed by him, eyeing his features. As if out of spite, Jisung brushed his hand against her thigh, relishing in the way Yuna reacted.

Luckily, Chenle saw and moved to comfort her.

"It's okay. You don't need him. Stop looking. Look at me lovely, please don't let it get into your head," he said, wiping her face.

"It's okay. I won't. I don't know why, but I react so strongly to everything he does. It's so weird."

"It's okay," Chenle said, "Here. I wrote this song for you. Read the lyrics. I've been seeing how you struggled with Jisung and the old group. I was wondering if you could sing it. Just distract yourself."

Yuna looked at the lyrics and notes splayed across the page. She hummed the melody to herseld, "I think I could sing it."

"Really?! Great!" Chenle stood looking around frantically, "Don't move. I need to pull a few strings."

"Huh?! Wait what!?"

Yuna sat there in confusion as Chenle talked to the principal. After a few minutes, he walked back over to Yuna and sat down, flashing her a smile and a thumbs up.

"What the hell just happened?" Yuna asked.

"You'll see."

"Students! We have a singer here that has requested to share their song!"

As soon as Yuna heard that, she ignored everything else and turned to Chenle, "What the fuck?!"

Chenle shrugged, "Jisung sang a song to you. It's only fair for you to do the same."

"But I can't sing well!" she hissed.

"Shut up, yes you can. And if you can't... you have no choice. Now get up there, she's about to call you."