30

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter thirty - the thing I cherish

Jisung woke to the sound of a bird outside his window. He groaned and turned over, surprised to see Yuna sleeping next to him. Butterflies shot throughout his body and he pushed them down.

"Yuna," he said, shaking the smaller, "get up, we have school." 

"Nooooo, ten more minutes," Yuna groaned, moving away from him.

"We already overslept 15 minutes, Yun."

Yuna shot up and grabbed her things, running to change with a shout. Jisung chuckled, they were actually right on time. He quickly got his things together and prepared to leave.

Yuna blushed once she realized she slept in Jisung's bed. She quickly composed herself and shook the feeling, but she couldn't help but feel giddy.

Once they were both seated in the car, they left for school.

"Are you going to Jaemin's party tonight?" Jisung asked.

"Maybe, I still don't know. Also, I'm wearing one of your rings?"

Jisung turned to see that she actually was wearing one of his rings. It was the one he got from a vacation he took by himself. It was matte black with a J printed into it.

"Sorry," she said, trying to hand it back to him, "it must've ended up on my hand from when we held... hands last night." 

They both tried to ignore the awkwardness that it brought up, but it didn't work.

"Keep it," Jisung said, pushing her hand away, "it looks better on you. And I have a bunch more."

He looked down at his hands that were filled with thin rings, chunky rings, anything. He had a certain liking for them.

"Okay... thanks," Yuna said, slipping the ring onto her finger. She had to put it on her index finger because it didn't fit on her pinky as it did for Jisung. He had huge hands.

"So," he said, clearing his throat, "don't ever talk about what happened last night."

Yuna nodded, "I won't, trust me."

Yuna walked into the cafeteria to see Jisung at his table with his friends. He sent her a look as if inviting her to sit at his table. She was tempted, but then she heard Sohyee screaming.

"Yuna! Over here!" 

She took a deep breath and walked away from Jisung, ignoring the pang in her heart and his hurt eyes, going to sit with her friends. 

Jisung felt horrible. She even turned down his rare invitation for lunch. It just proved that no matter how much he gave her of himself, she would always be loyal to Jeno and them. 

"Hey guys," Yuna said, sitting down at her table.

"Hey, nice to see you take a break from Jisung," Jeno said, smiling at her.

"Well, I can't forget about my true friends, can I?" she chuckled.

Little did she know, Jisung had the bond activated, so he could hear what they were saying. His friends were giving him worried looks, but he just shushed them and continued to listen.

"Are you coming to my party?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah sure! I might not go to the light show, though."

"That's okay," Meilee said, "anything to get away from Jisung is enough."

"I guess," Yuna replied, eating her sandwich.

They talked for the rest of lunch, and Jisung slipped from Yuna's mind. Just before they left, Meilee asked her a question.

"That's a new ring, who's it from?"

"Um..." she considered telling them, but she decided against it, "no one."

"Oh, okay well see you after school!"

"Bye!"

Jisung was hurt, but then again, what could he expect from her. It was a miracle that she didn't spill everything about him. She was too good to be true. Last night was a one-time thing.  They weren't friends, and they sure as hell didn't act like soulmates.

Jisung walked over to Yuna who was standing outside after school. Her friends were in a car not far from them.

"Hey..." Jisung said, a little hurt from earlier.

"Hi Jisung, I think my relationship with my friends is still okay!" she said, giving him a smile.

He shot her a half-hearted smile and said, "That's good."

"Yeah."

Jisung took a breath before nervously saying, "I have something for you an-"

"Yuna, come on!" Jaemin said, his head hanging out of his window, "let's go! Come with us! Hurry!"

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

I'm sorry but I have to destroy some of their relationship they're getting too close :(