41

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter forty one - all hell breaks loose

Jisung grabbed Jeno by the shirt collar, "Okay, guess we'll have to play dirty then."

Jisung threw Jeno against a chair, his eyes glowing red and his fists balling. 

Yuna felt like she couldn't breathe. One moment everyone was listening to her sing and the next they were at each other's throats. She covered her ears, they were aching from the amount of yelling that filled the cafeteria.

Slowly, the red in Jisung's eyes began to fade. He was coming back to reality. Just when Jisung was about to calm down and walk out, Sohyee slapped him right across the face. For some reason, Yuna could feel it too.

"Are you okay?" Chenle asked, sensing the confusion from Yuna.

"I'm fine. It's just that I could feel Jisung's slap. Weird right?"

Chenle sighed and nodded. He knew Jisung was her soulmate, but it was better for Jisung to tell her. It wasn't his place to say it. But it was getting frustrating that he wouldn't come out and say it.

"Sohyee, you're lucky I'm not a girl because if I was, you'd be dead meat," Jisung growled, rubbing the red spot on his cheek.

Just before he could dwell on it, Jeno came hurling at him, tackling him to the ground with countless punches to the face. He felt his lip bleeding, it was definitely busted. Right before his entire face went numb, Yuna ran over to him and tried to pry Jeno off.

"Yuna, get off. I don't want to hurt you," Jeno said, still delivering punches to Jisung's face.

"No! Get off of Jisung! Please!" she begged, still pulling at his arm.

"Yun, just get off and go," Jisung said softly.

"No!" she yelled, punching Jeno square in the jaw, which shocked many people. She knocked him to the side in order to get closer to Jisung.

"Jisung! Are you okay?" she asked, kneeling next to her.

Jisung wiped his bloody mouth, cringing at the taste of his own blood, "Does it look like I'm okay?"

By then, Jeno's friends had gotten a grip of the situation, and they had to hold him back.

Yuna felt a tear drip down her face, suddenly it felt like she was pelted with punches. She clutched her face in agony, groaning at the burning sensation.

"Can you feel the punches?" Jisung asked softly, lifting his head to get a better look at her.

"Yeah," she sniffled, "I don't know why."

Jisung sighed and stood up, helping her up too.

"I can fix it," he said, looking at her.

"Please," she said, cursing at the pain.

Jisung engulfed her in a hug, the warmth from their bond making their injuries better. Yuna gasped at how the pain nearly stopped instantly once she made contact with Jisung. When they pulled away, neither of them had a bruise or scratch.

Yuna was wide eyed, but she didn't get a chance to say anything.

Just then, teachers rushed over to them, separating the groups.

"Let me deal with this," Jisung said, motioning for Yuna to stay behind him.

"What is the meaning of this!" the principal yelled, looking between the two groups.

"Well you see, he came at me," Jeno began.

"No," Jisung interjected, "he attacked me and my... friend here because she didn't want to sit with him. I only did what I had to in order to make sure she didn't get hurt."

"I understand," the principal said, "Jeno, my office, you two and everyone else, get to class!"

Everyone scrambled away, and Jisung sent a wink at a fuming Jeno. Yuna blew a kiss at Sohyee just to rub it in. Maybe being on Jisung's side wasn't so bad.

"I'm your friend huh?" Yuna laughed, bumping his shoulder with hers.

They were walking out of the school at the end of the day, finally finished with their classes.

"Shut up. That was just a show. I'm still mad at you for not sitting with us," he pouted.

"Sorry Jisung, but Chenle's still my friend! So he can sit with us too!" Yuna said, sending him a smile.

"Sounds like a plan. At least he's a human."

"And I'm sorry for singing the song. Chenle wrote it and he thought it would be a good idea for me to sing it. Clearly it wasn't."

"Maybe it bruised my ego a bit, but you really do sing well," Jisung said, getting in the car.

"Thanks, it means a lot. You do as well."

Jisung nodded passively, just focusing on getting home. When they finally pulled up to the driveway, Yuna hopped out and walked inside of the house.

"Hey Jisung," Yuna said while putting her things away, "how did you heal us earlier? Like you have healing powers but that was fast as fuck."

Jisung didn't want to say it was because of the soulmate bond, so instead he said, "Must be a weird trait I have," to which Yuna nodded.

"I'm going to make dinner, shower okay?" Yuna said, going to the kitchen.

"If that's you subliminally telling me I stink, it wasn't really nice," Jisung remarked.

Yuna poked her head into the room to fake smile at him, "It wasn't meant to be subtle," and she exited with a wink.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

Um so that wasn't very nice...