14

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter fourteen - i'll make you melt like ice cream

Yuna quickly texted all of her friends, asking if they could hang out. All of them were free, so they decided to go get ice cream. When she pulled out of the driveway, she felt bad for leaving Jisung with no car, but she had to remind herself that he was the one who was rude to her.

When she got to the ice cream parlor, she got out of the car and was met with the pretty faces of Jaemin and Jeno. "Come on Yuna, the girls and Chenle are already inside," Jeno said.

She nodded and followed them up the parking lot, getting memories of when they used to do this after school, their parents holding their hands. But now it was just them, and it was nice.

"Yuna-!" Jaemin said, stopping her and Jeno in their tracks. Both of them faced Jaemin in shock, but Jaemin was staring at Yuna.

"What's wrong Jae-" Jeno's eyes widened when he got sight of what was tied around Yuna's finger.

Yuna panicked, "What's wrong? Is everything ok?"

Both of them nodded, causing her shoulders to slump in relief, "Then what is it?"

"It's just that the string of fate is tied around your finger now," Jaemin said, causing Yuna to nearly trip over her own feet.

"What the fuck, you can't just spring that on me, dumbasses. This whole soulmate thing is new. Can you see who it is?" she asked.

"No, you two would have to be close so we could see where it leads," Jeno said.

"Oh okay," Yuna replied, reaching to open the door to the ice cream parlor.

The door opened with a jingle and she saw her friends ordering ice cream. "Hey," Meilee said, handing her an ice cream cone, topped with candies, "We got your favorite."

"Thanks," Yuna said, "Let's eat outside, hmm?" The group agreed and they walked outside and sat at a table with a rainbow umbrella. It was warm and breezy out, the perfect weather to enjoy themselves.

"So," Jaemin said, "Why have you called us here on this fine day?"

"Jaemin, quit being weird," Chenle said, playfully shoving him.

The attention turned towards her, and she bit her lip while saying, "Jisung was being an asshole and I needed to get out."

"We told you," Sohyee said, taking a lick of her ice cream, "He isn't any good for you."

"Hmm maybe he isn't..," Yuna said, enjoying her strawberry ice cream.

"On a related note," Chenle added, "You can come to my house whenever since I don't have a partner. You're good company." He shot her a blinding smile, and she gave him a small thumbs up in return.

"Thanks, lele, but I'm going to try and put up with Jisung for the week. We'll see where we are after," she replied, turning her keychain over in the palm of her hand.

Hearing that, Jeno spoke up, "Okay Yuna, but if he's still a dick after a week, please don't keep him as your partner. It'll only do you bad."

"Okay.." Yuna said, leaning back in her seat, "I can live with that."

"Oh and by the way, Yuna's string of fate showed up," Jaemin said, causing Meilee and Sohyee to let out shrieks and pleas for details.

Chuckling, the three that experienced what had happened earlier began to explain what had gone down.

After they finished their ice cream, Yuna felt a lot more calm. On the drive to Jisung's house, she rolled the windows down, enjoying the air running through her hair, her music blaring on the speakers.

She thought about what it would be like to be an angel. She could save people, she could be a hero. Then, she got lost in her thoughts

Being an angel. It would be nice, wouldn't it?

no, it wouldn't

At that unknown voice in her head, she nearly wrecked her car, screaming in fear as she nearly hit a biker. "What the fuck," she mumbled as she pulled into an empty parking lot, her breath shaky. When she was in place, she leaned against the steering wheel, preparing herself to hear the voice again.

Jisung was sitting in his room on the bed, still angry at himself for letting Yuna walkout. He was so stupid. He pulled his sleeve back, looking at Yuna's name on his wrist. He lashed out and hit his own arm with his other, "Fuck this! It's so shit!"

As soon as he said that, he felt lightheaded, and he had to steady himself in case he fell. Just when he thought he was ok, a blinding yellow light flashed in front of him, a figure stepping out of the light.

When the light died down, he was face to face with a blue-haired angel. He recoiled and moved upwards on his bed.

"Who the fuck are you?" he asked, making sure his mask was still in place. He didn't need to have any more angels recognize him. It was bad enough that he went to school with some.

"Hello to you as well, Park Jisung. I'm Mark Lee, the Soulmate angel," he said, giving Jisung a smile.

"Well fuck." was all Jisung could say.

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

well well well hello mark lee