26

now playing... angelic, park jisung

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

chapter twenty six - internally burning

Jisung stood outside while Yuna went inside of the house. He needed time to compose himself. He just couldn't possibly believe he had agreed to let her ask him questions. That was just signing himself up for vulnerability.

"God, what's wrong with me," Jisung groaned, burying his head in his hands.

"You use her car, you sleep in the same room as her, you fucking feel the connection, and you still can't convince yourself to just let the relationship happen. Such a fucking idiot, Jisung," he said, sitting on his driveway.

"But it's okay," he said, trying to comfort himself, "all you have to do is last a semester. Just ignore her, be an ass despite her protests, just do anything you can to leave her."

Jisung groaned, "Now I'm talking to myself, what the fuck."

"Yeah, it's a little weird," Jisung heard a familiar voice say.

His head whipped up and he squinted his eyes at the person in front of him.

"Mark Lee, what the fuck do you want," he said, his voice dripping with rage.

"Jisung, nice to see you too," Mark said sarcastically.

"I'm here to tell you to just embrace your connection with Yuna. It's hurting both of you. You know that," Mark said, looking at him with pity.

"Why the fuck would I want to be with her?" he spat, wringing his hands.

"Because," Mark said delicately, "You know that deep inside you're starting to love her. Even if you tell yourself you don't, even if the soulmate bond didn't exist, I know you two would be a good match."

"I don't need her," he said, his voice cracking with sadness, "She's such a good person, just let me ignore her."

"Then you leave me no choice, I'm ramping your bond up by a little since you can't just let it happen yourself. I'm rooting for you, Jisung," Mark said, moving to shake Jisung's hand.

Jisung scowled but took his hand, then pushed it away, "Do you ever leave? Can you go?" he said, motioning for Mark to leave. 

"Okay okay, Jisung. Think about what I said, okay?" Mark said, flashing him a smile.

"Not likely," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah right," Mark said, slowly fizzling away into sparks.

Once the last spark was gone, Jisung groaned and laid on the concrete of his driveway. He had a lot to think about.

Then, he remembered that Yuna was inside, so he stood reluctantly and walked up to the porch. He peeked through the window by the door to see Yuna walking into his room. Subconsciously, he smiled softly. But once he noticed he stopped. 

He opened the door with a sharp breath and walked in. He took in his sad house and tried not to think about his loneliness despite Yuna's presence. Once he got to his door, he stopped with his hand on the doorknob. He thought that it would be easy to just walk in and spew things about himself.

But naturally, it wasn't. After a few minutes of mental prep, he walked in and saw Yuna laying on his bed. He fought the urge to say anything and instead sat next to her. The girl sat up next to him, reading the room and staying quiet.

"Well, I guess ask your question, dumbass," he said, looking at her expectantly.

A smile formed on her lips, "Who are you calling dumbass, dumbass?"

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı

okay so no one's actually going to respond, but i'm thinking about starting another jisung book, what do you think?