Missing the plane

This story was suggested by @tinyoreo88

Let's get on with it

Your POV:

You've got to be kidding me! I watched a flight attendant close the doors to the jet way "is there anyway I can get on miss? Security took forever and I didn't plan on being late" the attendant looked at me with sad eyes "I'm sorry miss but it closes 15 minutes before boarding" I collected myself and said a polite thank you. I was pissed. I had a meeting at 2 pm today and I was going to miss it.

I made my way to a coffee shop and slid into the booth with my head in my hands. A waiter came to take my order and I ordered something to keep the fact that I missed the plane off my mind "black coffee please" I hated black coffee but I needed to stay awake. The waiter nodded and disappeared behind the counter. I looked at my watch it was 5:42 in the morning. I'd been up since 3:30 and I only got 2 hours of sleep thanks to my godforsaken boss. I worked as an Ethnical Hacker, I had a demonstration today but not anymore. I scanned my surroundings. The only other person in the small airport cafe was a woman. She was stunning, her red hair fell just over her shoulders, she had to have been around 5'3. I watched her type on her computer just then she looked at me, our eyes made contact, I quickly looked back down and played with a sugar packet in front of me. Her eyes were a emerald green. I shook myself out of the trance her beauty had put me in and decided I'd fire up my computer to find a flight and book a hotel for the night.

I was buried in my work when I felt someone hovering over me. It was the redhead I spoke with caution because she intimidated me "hello ma'am" she smiled "hello, can I do something for you?" I swallowed "oh no I'm fine" I saw her smirk "are you sure because you were watching me for a bit over there?" I quickly made up an excuse "oh no I apologize, I was lost in thought, you see I haven't gotten much sleep" I pinched myself underneath the table to stop from rambling. The beautiful woman cocked her eyebrow at me "your lying", my cheeks flushed red, My god she was intelligent, I looked up at her "your just very pretty, I'm sorry for staring" it spilled out of my mouth before I could even think. I buried my head back in my computer to try and escape this embarrassment. I felt her hand on my shoulder "your very pretty too" she slid in the booth and looked at me "you seem stressed, you miss your flight?" I turned to her green eyes and froze for a second, I stuttered a little "uh yeah, yes sorry, how did you know I missed my flight?" She smiled at me "well, the minute you sat down you fidgeted for 3 minutes before you flagged a waitress over, you ordered black coffee which is bitter and the taste would help you keep your mind off the fact that you missed your flight, also you have a flight list on your computer screen as we speak" my jaw dropped. How the hell? Well I mean the flight list was a duh moment but I tested her "how do you know I don't drink black coffee as it is?" She smiled at me "you paused when the waiter asked if you wanted creamer, you were deciding if you wanted it or not. And the first sip you took your face turned up and you looked at the sugar in front of you" I sat back "ok your right" she smiled "I know, I'm always right"

A couple minutes later she looked at her watch "oh I've gotta go my pilot messaged me to tell me he was ready" I looked at her and she went to collect her bag, I saw her jacket hanging over the chair, I pulled out my business card and wrote coffee shop girl on the back before slipping it into her pocket. She left the cafe.

-time skip-

I was laying in my hotel bed when my phone rang. I cringed. Please don't be my boss. I turned it over and to my surprise it was an unknown number, I answered "hello?" A calm voice came over the phone "hello, I take it you enjoyed our little encounter in the cafe?" I smiled and blushed "yes I did" I heard her laugh "well then, I would like to take you out to another cafe, I'm in town next week, say Monday at 8 am?" I was blushing like crazy "I can do Monday. And do you mean like a date?" I heard her chuckle "yes Y/N that's exactly what I mean. See you then beautiful" she hung up and I laid on my bed. Slipping my card into her pocket was my best decision yet.

I hope this is what you wanted❤️

Requests are open

As always: I love you all and thank you