come find out

Grab your tissues besties! I will not be responsible for any trauma that follows

I know this isn't realistic but they deserved better. AUNTIE NAT. It's sad at first but it gets better

TRIGGER WARNING: Talk of Natasha's death (yes it is safe to label it as a trigger warning)

I have tickets to see Black Widow on the tenth and I am freaking out!!!!

Lila's POV:

I looked up from my schoolbook that was on the kitchen table at my dad who was walking in the house "daddy?" he turned to me "hey sweetheart" I got up from the table and wrapped my arms around him "mom! dads home!" my mom came running down the steps with my baby brother Nathaniel in her arms "Clint!" she gave him a hug "You weren't answering your phone, I was texting Nat and-" I saw my fathers facial expression change when my mom said Aunite Nat's name, I looked at him "daddy where's Auntie Nat?" he looked at my mom "Laura I tried, I r-really tired" I looked at him then ran outside. I knew right then that she had died. Auntie Nat promised she would always look after my dad, I made her promise me, now I wish I hadn't. I curled up by one of the trees on the farm and cried "P-Please come back, P-Please" 

A couple minutes later I heard my dads footsteps and he sat beside me. I looked up from my knees "how?" he looked at me "she did it to save you, to save all of us" I looked at him "well bring her back! you can do stuff like that can't you?" he shook his head "i-it doesn't work like that Lila, once it happens it can't be reversed" I cried "she was supposed to come back" he hugged me "I know sweetheart, I'm sorry" 

-Time skip-

I stood at Tony Starks funeral only being able to think about Auntie Nat. I stood in front of my dad, watching the moments unfold. I just wanted Auntie Nat. Once it was over I hugged my dad and we walked to the car. I got in and the drive was silent. I got home and grabbed my bow and arrow and headed to the target that my dad set up outside and began to shoot.

Clint's POV:

I watched Lila shoot her arrows outside. Cooper was sitting on the couch engulfed in his phone and Nathaniel was down for a nap. Laura came behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist "we'll be ok Clint" I turned to her "what about Lila? look at her babe" Laura sighed and kissed my shoulder "she needs you right now Clint" I looked at her "are you sure?" she nodded and I walked outside to Lila, she turned to me then turned back to her target. I sighed and picked up one of the arrows next to her then fiddled with it "Lila?" she lowered her bow "hey dad" I placed my hand on her shoulder "do you wanna talk?" she shook her head "what's there to talk about dad? she's dead" I sighed "Lila, Natasha will always be in your heart" she started to cry "I just miss her so much" I pulled my daughter into a hug "I know sweetheart I know"

-Time skip two months-

My phone rung and I quickly answered it to make sure I didn't wake my wife and children, I walked into the bathroom and answered "hello?" Wanda answered "g-get to the compound right now" I grabbed my boots "why what's wrong?" Wanda's voice sounded shaky "just come" I hung up and kissed Laura's forehead and left her a note. I drove to the compound and ran inside to Wanda "what? I'm here" Wanda moved to the side and my heart dropped 

"Did you tell your family you loved them?"

"N-Nat?" I choked out and she smiled "hey bird brain, miss me?" we embraced each other in a hug. We held each other and then pulled away, I looked at her "damn you I thought you were dead" she chuckled "Clint, if Budapest didn't kill me then I don't know what could. Besides someone has to make fun of you" I laughed and wiped my tears "your a pain in my ass Romanoff" she smirked "yeah whatever" 

We sat down and caught up then I looked at the time "I gotta get back to the farm" Natasha shook her head "sure you can't stay?" I nodded "Laura needs help with Lila" she furrowed her eyebrows "is she ok?" I shook my head while grabbing my boots "she gets nightmares now" Natasha stood "I'll come with" I smiled "ok, lets go" 

Natasha's POV:

I got on the quinjet and piloted it back to the farm with Clint. It was currently two am and everything was quiet. I walked into the house and Laura was sitting on the couch drinking what I guessed was tea. Clint walked over and kissed her "babe, you have to be quiet but look" Laura turned to me and covered her mouth in shock then ran up and hugged me, I hugged back and she pulled away "we all missed you, welcome back" I smiled "I missed you all too" Clint looked at Laura "has she yet?" Laura nodded "one so far" Clint held Laura "was it bad? did you need me?" Laura shook her head "she didn't hit this time, it was just crying and screaming" 

My heart broke for my Niece. I knew what it was like to have nightmares. I talked with Clint and his wife for a little while until I heard a scream echo throughout the house, Clint stood and I put my hand on his shoulder "let me" he nodded and I ran up the steps and into her room 

"Lila, Lila darling wake up" she jolted awake and I whispered "shhhh my butterfly your ok" she looked at me "Auntie Nat?" I smiled and sat on the end of her bed "why don't you hug her and find out?"

Lila lunged forward and into my arms, I rubbed her back and she cried "I thought you were dead" I held her close "and leave you and your mother with the boys? no way" she smiled a little "I missed you" I rubbed her back "I missed you too, we can talk in the morning but your mother will kill me if I don't get you back to bed" she pulled away "Auntie Nat your Black Widow, your not afraid of anything" I laughed "I am afraid of your mother, now come on go back to sleep" I pulled the covers over her and she looked at me "c-can you sing that Russian song?" I nodded "yes love, close your eyes" she closed her eyes and I played in her hair and began to sing. When I finished she mumbled "I love you Auntie Nat" I kissed her forehead "I love you too, goodnight little Barton" I got up and she grabbed my wrist "s-stay please" I sat back down "ok"

Lila fell asleep at my side and Clint walked in and whispered "hey Romanoff" I smiled "she asked me to stay" he nodded "your her favorite Aunt" I smirked "oh I know" he smiled and patted my shoulder "good to have you back Romanoff" I smiled and nodded "night bird brain" he nodded and left

If only! this is how I imagine it would go if she did come back. I hope you enjoyed!

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you