Losing one but gaining another

Request of @imdeadwhokilledme

You are not dating Nat in this one sadly but you do like her. This is major FLUFF! Enjoy

Your POV:

"I'm sorry Y/N. I know it's so sudden"

The words from the phone tore my heart in half. I slid against my bathroom door and chocked back tears.

She died. The only person who had ever shown me love slipped from my grasp this morning and there was nothing I could do about it. It wasn't like I could reach down and pick the love back up. It was gone. The cancer had taken my Aunt, scratch that, it had taken my mother. Although she didn't give birth to me she cared for you when my birth mother threw me to the curb at the age of 10. She was there until I was 13. The state ripped me away from her because they found out about the cancer and that it was just me and her. She beat it finally when I was 18 but the cancer had somehow grabbed a hold of her again in the last year and held tight. But still every single day after school I'd go and visit her in the hospital. Every day before I left she'd touch my cheek and whisper

"No one is you and that is your power"

I called Fury and asked him for no more missions unless it's urgent for two weeks. I'm not saying by any means that I'd go back to work in two weeks, no. What I really wanted to say was that I'm shattered and I'm broken and I don't want to move. I knew if I asked for more then two weeks then they'd give me a psych evaluation because they'd think somethings up.

I grabbed some things and took a quinnjet to her funeral. I hugged her neighbor who told me the gut wrenching news just hours before. I headed over to her casket. She looked beautiful. I kissed my fingers and transferred the kiss to her forehead with them. I mumbled "no one was you and that was your power. I love you mom"

I spent the rest of the time before going out for her service looking at the beautiful orchids that filled the room. She loved orchids, she'd have me water them with her. She was always so excited when she saw a new bud forming at the base of the plant. I sat there as my senses started to fade. I could no longer hear the chatter around me, my fingertips tingled and my eyes blurred. I was going numb.

After the open casket they took her to her grave site. I held back my tears as I threw dirt onto her casket which now was resting in the hole in the ground. I left and went to her house to collect some of her items she treasured. I grabbed her locket and clipped it around my neck, I took a picture of her, and some of her other things I knew she wouldn't want left behind. I turned to her bed to see my stuffed elephant laying on the bed. She'd given it to me because of my nightmares, it smelled like lavender. In that short three years she was more of a mother then my birth mom could've ever been. I picked up the stuffed toy and shoved it in my bag then grabbed her perfume and left.

Natasha's POV:

"Hey has anyone seen Y/N? She's late for training?" Everyone answered back that they hadn't. I asked the IA system to learn that she'd taken a quinnjet a little under four hours ago. I called her but she didn't answer. I sat down on the couch and tracked the jet. It was in the middle of nowhere. I called fury to ask if she was on a mission and he told me that she asked for no missions for the next two weeks. As her S.O. I wanted to know that. I hung up the phone and waited for her to come home.

Your POV:

I landed the quinnjet and grabbed my duffel bag. I walked into the living room to see my concerned and slightly pissed of supervising officer, Natasha Romanoff, sitting in the common room. She spoke "why didn't you tell me you were going to miss training?" I looked down "I'm sorry" she shook her head "it's ok. Just tell me next time. You wanna tell me why you requested no missions for the next two weeks?" My mind went numb and I quickly sped off to my room and locked the door behind me.