letters

Background: You and Natasha were dating. You met within SHIELD. You broke up a year ago. Until your job places you right back where you never wanted to be. With the Avengers.

Me screaming cause I was finally able to change my Disney plus Avatar to Natasha. They finally made her one after months. AS THEY SHOULD 

-Flashback a year ago-

Your POV:

"Y/N it's getting too complicated, I think we need to break up"

I laughed at Natasha's statement while slamming my keys on the table. I looked at her and walked into the closet to get changed. I heard Natasha follow me into the room but ignored her. I didn't want to finish the conversation she started, I knew damn well that it would result in my world falling apart. Tears sprung to my eyes as I put back her shirt that I had picked from reflex and took my own. I stayed in the closet longer then I should've. Natasha and I's relationship has been falling apart for the past two months. We rarely had any time together because out missions were so poorly placed. I collected myself and walked out, Natasha was sitting at the end of the bed, playing with her hands. She looked at me "Y/N we need to talk about this" I walked past her and started to brush my teeth. Natasha knew that when it came to things like this I shut down. I spit in the sink and looked up to see Natasha standing behind me with her arms crossed. I turned to her "move Natasha" she looked at me "I need to know what were doing" I brushed past her and went to get something to drink.

She followed me into the kitchen "will you stop acting like this?" I slammed my bottle on the table "what do you want me to say Natasha?! you and I both knew that there would be months where out job would get demanding, say the words Natasha. I know you want to so say them" she looked at me "Y/N it's not that I want to say them! you think I want to leave you?!" I laughed and switched my hair "oh don't act like you haven't been dropping small hints Natalia! You forget that I've known you for two fucking years!" she scoffed "my god Y/N, your mad?!" I looked down and shook my head "of course I'm mad Natasha. What did I tell you in the empty conference room the day you asked me to be your girlfriend?" she looked at me "you told me that it could get complicated and we may not see each other all the time" I nodded and looked up at her with tears in my eyes "and what did you promise me?" she looked down and whispered "that we would wait wait for each other, and make every moment count but not seeing you hurts babe" I nodded and wiped my tears then looked at her "I guess every promise is empty, even the ones told by the ones you love the most" I grabbed my keys and my bag "I'll stop causing you pain. Goodbye Natasha" 

-present time-

I got off the quinjet laughing at one of Bobbi's stupid comments. After I left Natasha I asked to be reassigned. Fury reassigned me to S. T. A. K. E force. It stands for Special Threat Assessment for Known Extranormalities, specializes in dealing with supernatural occurrences. Bobbi had become my platonic soulmate. I could tell her everything. I looked at Bobbi "your so annoying, you knew I had him" she laughed "had him? I saved your ass so many times" I pushed her a little "there was like twelve guys surrounding the Chitauri helmet and they wouldn't move. By the way what were they doing on earth?" Fury spoke up "There here to start a war" I turned "Director?" he nodded "Agent Morse, Agent Y/N. Good work. The tesseract is acting up. This is worse then we thought. Y/N, my office, now" I nodded and said bye to Bobbi. 

As I entered his office he stood "remember the Avengers initiative?" I nodded "yes sir I do" he nodded "good. I'm reassigning you. Pack your bags for New York" I looked at him "sir, who else will be on the team?" he looked up "you'll find out, but for now I have places to be" I nodded "yes sir". He dismissed me and I headed into my room and started to pack. Bobbi came in "reassigned?" I nodded "yeah, I'm gonna miss you" she smiled and opened her phone case and handed me a polaroid picture of the two of us. I smiled and teased her "oh now you give it to me" she pushed me playfully "shut up" I laughed and continued to pack. She sat on my bed and looked at all my letters "you still write to her?" I hummed a response and she took a shirt from my hand "have you even sent one?" I shook my head no and took the shirt back. She sighed "need a box for them?" I nodded and she kissed my head "I'll be right back"