one job

Background: you and Nat are dating. You were sent to get fish food for Tony's fish because he's too irresponsible to get it himself. 

Your POV:

"hey guys I need fish food" 

We all looked at Tony and groaned or mumbled. He was always forgetting to feed his damn fish. The team or FRIDAY would always have to remind him. All the team was working on something except me. I had finished my paperwork early. Tony smiled at me trying to soften the question that I knew was coming "Y/N could you get it for me?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed the car keys "yeah fine" 

I walked into Natasha's office to tell her I was leaving. I came in and she was on a phone call. Natasha patted her lap and I came and cuddled in her arms as she spoke on the phone. My girlfriend rubbed my back with one hand as she held the phone in the other. I was in no rush to get the fish food, I could stay in her lap all day. I decided to take advantage of the cuddle time and wait to tell her I was leaving after she got off the call. I laid my head on her shoulder and ran my nails along her back. After about twenty minutes she hung up and sighed then kissed the top of my head "are you ok my love?" I nodded "yeah. I gotta go get fish food for Tony but I didn't wanna stop our cuddle session" she smiled and wrapped her hand around my hip to keep me from slipping off her lap when I sat up. She ran her hand through my hair "just fish food?" I nodded "yeah. Unless you want an acai bowl from 3Natives?" she smiled "oh that does sound good" I smiled and gave her a kiss "I already know what you want" she smiled and I got off her lap "I love you babe" she blew me a kiss "I love you angel. Oh and don't forget about the extr-" "blueberries. I know you love your extra blueberries babe, Don't worry I won't forget" I giggled and she laughed "ok ok baby. I love you. Now go" 

I closed her door and headed to the car. 3Natives was where Natasha and I got our acai bowls and luckily it was in the same strip as the pet store. I headed in the pet store and walked to the fish food isle "fish food, fish food, fish food" I mumbled as I checked the shelves for the right brand. As I was looking at my options I felt something jump on my leg "holy shit" I shrieked as I looked down to see what it was. I relieved to see a small puppy pulling at my shoe lace "hey cutie" the dog barked and I picked it up "where's your owner?"

Just as I spoke a woman was running down the isle "oh thank you!" I smiled and held up the small animal "she yours?" she nodded and held out her arms "not exactly

Just as I spoke a woman was running down the isle "oh thank you!" I smiled and held up the small animal "she yours?" she nodded and held out her arms "not exactly. I'm running the adoptions at the left front of the store" I smiled and spoke as I was handing the puppy to her "oh. Well she's very cute" she smiled "and a trouble maker, isn't that right Koda?" the puppy sat in her arms and we both laughed and awed when it's answer was a yawn. I pet the top of it's head "so has she gotten an offer?" the woman shook her head "unfortunately no" I frowned "but she's so cute" the woman sheepishly smiled "if you would like to adopt her you can, she's potty trained and is extremely smart, knows all her commands" 

I thought about it and this puppy was killing me. I decided I would, I mean Cap and Tony would die. I'm not sure about Nat but I would just let her find out when I came home, I was bringing her an acai bowl anyway. I smiled "I'll do it. I'll take her" she smiled "that's great, follow me for some paperwork" I smiled and followed her then filled out the paperwork. Once I finished the paperwork the woman smiled at me "you can take her crate and bed and everything, I honestly never thought she would get adopted" I smiled "well she is too cute" she handed me the puppy and the leash. I pet her and bought some other things for the dog and bought the fish food then loaded everything into the car. 

I carried the dog into 3Natives and ordered the bowls. The furry animal shifting in my arms. I collected the bowls and headed in the car. I placed Koda in the front seat and headed home. I opened the front door with the bowls and Steve looked at Koda in my arms "ohhhh my godddd" I laughed "this is Koda but shhhh" Steve ran up to me and took her from my arms and pet her, I laughed "ok ok give her back, I gotta give Nat her food and tell her about Koda" Clint looked up at me "s-she doesn't know?" I shook my head as Steve was handing her back to me "no and I'm in so much trouble for not asking, but who could say no to her little face?" Steve shrugged and I placed the fish food on the counter "bye guys" 

I walked into Natasha's office "baby I got your bowl" she smiled without looking up at me "thanks baby" I put Koda down and let her run to Nat, she gasped "OH MY GOD BABE!" I giggled "baby this is Koda, I adopted her" Natasha shooed it away "babe you had one job just to get fish food" I whined and picked her up "but babe look at her" she looked up at me and cocked her eyebrow

"it looks like a fucking stuffed animal" 

I smiled "I know, isn't she cute?" Natasha looked at me "it's gonna pee all over the compound and bark" I shook my head "she's potty trained, babe please just hold her" she sighed and took Koda from my arms, Koda licked her arm and Natasha held her in front of her "ok she is pretty cute" I laughed and she handed her back to me "I know.....so can we keep her?" Natasha looked at me with my big eyes and broke, I knew she couldn't fight it "fine" she sighed and I jumped while pumping my fist "fuck yeah!" she rolled her eyes "come give me a kiss" I came and gave her a kiss and she held me close "mmmm your adorable, you couldn't say no could you?" I shook my head and blushed "you know me to well" she laughed "thank you for my bowl babe" I sat on her lap "I made sure you got your extra blueberries" she kissed my head "thank you baby, you want a bite?" I nodded and put Koda down, she laid at out feet and we shared each others bowls.

-Time skip-

It was bed time and I had just finished brushing my teeth. Natasha turned in early and I stayed up to finish the dishes. I wiped my mouth then threw the towel on the sink while walking out and was met by the most adorable sight. Natasha was sound asleep with Koda laying just above her head. I took a picture then crawled into bed beside Nat. She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me into her making herself the big spoon. I backed up into her as much as I could and fell asleep. 

-Time skip-

I woke up to Natasha petting Koda and I could tell by her wet hair that she had just showered. She looked over at me "good morning sleepyhead" I smiled as she planted a kiss on my forehead "hi babe, workout this morning?" she nodded "Koda and I went on a run" I giggled "so you like Koda?" she pet the furry puppy "I guess I can make an exception as my new running buddy" I laughed and laid on top of Nat "I love you baby" she kissed my head "mine" I smiled and laughed when Koda barked and Nat shook her head "we sent you on one job and you come back with a puppy" I giggled "you love me" she smiled "that I cannot deny"

I hope you enjoyed! see you in the next one!

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you