Devil Marchosias IV

The demon was relentless and utterly fierce, its roars reaching closer and closer to Cao. The beast was but a shadow in the corner of his eyes as it jumped towards him. He twisted, shooting at its head and dodging. Even with his inhuman abilities, he knew that outrunning it was far from his ability. The demon's head deformed from the bullet, but it barely flinched before jumping forward with his mouth.

"At least you can still bleed. How comforting. " Cao opened his jacket and took out a saber with his right hand as the beast approached with its fangs. He quickly stroked it from the side of its neck, hurling it to the ground with force, and then opened fire with his handgun at it. The beast received the bullets and barked back at the man as they retreated and opened their black wings, making the creature look much more threatening.

"If you can keep up with Marchosias like this, you aren't just some moron " Petra walked towards the side of her demon with a huge pipe over her shoulder.

"It's a fascinating demon, to be sure, but it comes at a high price. Having to risk your neck without its protection every year must be quite stressful. "

"Heh, Marchosias cares not for the week, but I'll admit there isn't anything better than a fight against another demon with my real strength. Today I'm going to really put my mettle to the test. " Cao threw his gun, realizing that the only thing that would give him any chance now was his own inhuman nature.

"Miss, for what did you sell your soul? Know that I came here for this demon and not you. Since it is not possessing you, you don't need to die with it. "

"What nonsense are you spouting now? You must be city folk. Only people like that have the luxury of thinking about garbage like that. " Cao took out another saber from his waist, twin sabers with an elegant golden pattern on their handles.

"Look at that, I bet those things will sell really well out there... Are you from one of the families on the inside?"

"Not at all, so worry not, this is a struggle only between the two of us, I have simply come to hunt a demon. "

"... You are a very strange man... are you insane? A demon can't be killed... " Petra turned quiet as he looked at his eyes. She smiled as she began to feel excited about it all.

"You are going to be a really good prey. I can just feel it." The demon roared and flew forward with a leap as she smiled. Cao ducked the blow, blocking his claws with both of his blades just before the creature flew above him and into the skies evading him.

Cao barely managed to react again when Petra landed a hit with her pipe against him. He managed to block it with his arm, but the sheer force of the impact made his bones vibrate. He gritted his teeth and swung his blade towards her. She stepped back, deflecting it with the pipe, and swung back. She had a lot more strength than he did. Such a thing always came down to the demon they referred to, and he was not a war demon.

"You are lacking in form and skill. Strength alone won't help you against another demon, miss."

''Leave your rambling for when one of us dies! " He quickly pierced her with his blade on her shoulder, but the pipe she swung with all of her force struck him from the side. He blocked it with his arm and his bone instantly broke. The blow threw him off his feet, but he didn't let go of his weapons even in all that pain.

"HAHAHA, so Mr. Rush isn't the only strong person left in this district; it'll be great practice before I crush him next. Go and fetch, boy! " Cao managed to put himself back up as he quickly searched around him. Petra was bleeding, but she was in such a rush of adrenaline that she just walked forward, holding her pipe in both hands. Her grip was strong enough to crack the metal surface of the pipe.

"Mmmm... It should be the time now." "The hunter whispered under his breath.

Cao gripped his blades and closed his eyes as the demons' bright shining eyes came into his focus from above, and then there was the loud sound of a gunshot. The beast whined in pain as he lost his aim, and Cao simply jumped out of the way as the beast crashed into the earth, still barely evading it, but the beast had been wounded.

"That was a really hard shot to make. That man really is a slave driver." Far away from them, at the top of a very tall mountain of junk, a woman was aiming a sniper rifle along with her companion, a man who was looking at captain Cao through his binoculars.

"True, if it goes all according to plan, Mr.Cao will end it here and now. 'The man replied to the woman as she prepared herself to take another shot

Cao rose to his feet and dashed towards Petra, who was still staring at the demon that had fallen from the sky, its head slowly reforming from the black ooze it was spewing. Petra gritted her teeth and swung back with her pipe towards his wounded arm once more. As she did, his arm was suddenly surrounded by fire as her attack landed and he moved his other sword towards her neck. She grabbed the blade with her free hand, locking the two of them on a tug of war, completely stuck in that position as they stared at each other.

''You definitely have incredible strength, but with my demon at my side, well, quite frankly, I don't believe anyone in this city can heal themselves as fast as I do.'' She felt a heatwave wash over her as the intensity of the surrounding his arm grew. Her hand was bleeding, so she kicked him away from her before he could swing his other blade.

"My arm is feeling quite well now. Not perfect, but it will do. " The flame on his arm began to take on a shape of its own. It was a bird made of pure fire, a small beast that stared at Petra with three black eyes in silence, each the slit eyes of a hawk.

"Phenex is a demon of healing. If you want to kill me, you better make sure to do it in a single shot. " Cao prepared his blade, she looked truly angry for the first time.

"You cowards are pissing me off, dragging other people into our fight. Boy, just end them already! " Petra screamed at the demon as it speeds up with its black wings

"Wait, it's flying towards us. " The creature flew towards the mountain of junk in the distance. Once the beast knew there was someone else, its eyes could spot them anywhere. She knew immediately, that there was no way to shoot him down in time as she slowly let go of her weapon with a shocked expression on her face. The man grabbed her to make her get up, but the black beast of swirling rage struck the top, blowing both of the mountains into scraps.

There was only the sound of metal crashing as the mountain of scrap collapsed, along with the two people at the top, blown away by the demon's rage.

"It's two on one now. Let's see if your little bird can keep up." His blades crashed against the pipe as she rushed him with mad glee. His calm expression turned bitter with anger, knowing what had just happened.

"There is no reason for you to exist now, repugnant and barbaric; I've decided you both will return to ashes on this ground."A flame began to dance around him as it took on wings of its own. The two of them looked at each other's eyes as mere animals.