Interlude II Devil Amii File 2 (reupload)

"So you just let him go just like that, I have to say we are getting way too used to letting the target go I hope you aren't going soft Aurora."

The commander sat on her char with the massive throne far behind her, she was alone with Aurora who had just finished delivering her report. The old woman sighed not too please with the news, but Aurora seemed quite confident with her hands on her pockets, merely shrugging in apology.

"It will be a waste to remove him from the board right now, he is a lot stronger than our information implied, and if Im right with the right approach we could push him to assist us in the future against the Bramante familial, consider it a long time investment on my part."

"Really? He doesn't sound that useful to me. Why didn't you kidnap him as you did with Mr.Abram?"

"As he is now, he will simply break if we try to turn him into an assassin, no we have to make sure to use him properly, with all that the Bramante did to him, they have to be the ones to push him over the edge." The commander smiled leaning more into her chair, for as imposing as her military attire was, she still find it hard to stand up for too long.

"Is that so. Well, manipulation was your job on the anti-devil corps, that is essential for a government dog after all, fine I'll trust your judgment on this one Aurora." She saluted the commander with a casual gesture preparing to retire.

"That said, If he is not fit to be a hunter, you know we can{t exactly let him go."

"I know, if he can't become an assassin, I will kill him myself, is my responsibility right?" Aurora walked away from the command room, Emilia couldn't see her face, but she could tell by her voice how serious she was. The old woman smiled slightly as she remained alone in the empty room.

***

"Seriously, you really just let him go, captain, we set a trap and everything, I really wish I could have gotten another good shot at him, I swear I could have blown his head off if I had another chance."Aurora reunited with her team on the training ground, they had taken the news that she had simply let their target go in all kinds of ways. Her teammate the very tall woman with the cowboy had come closer to her without any worries of upsetting her captain.

"Now Ms. Harvester. Your job is not to take down the demons is just to make sure, I have a good clean shot at them, don't go getting cocky, this guy was a moron but most demons will wipe us out if we give them a chance. " The woman wearing the black cowboy hat put her rifle over her shoulder and begrudgingly backed away. She was always carrying her sniper rifle, even at dinner, Aurora could bet she probably with that thing. This woman is a famous bounty hunter on the outskirts, but a complete eccentric. The kind of moron to keep trophies from her prey, Aurora didn't mind being a daredevil, but being reckless in the city of demons without a demon of your own was just plain suicide.

"Question, question!" Mr.Jeong raised his hand while standing at the side of Harvester, the short man with glasses was almost jumping.

"Yes, Mr. Jeong."

"Do we still get paid in full?"

"Yes you do, the mission was completed as far I'm concerned." He pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes, in that case, I don't really care that much if the man is still alive we can just hunt him again and get paid twice, works for me."Aurora couldn't help but laugh, this man really was as she expected. Unlike most of their recruit, he was not a mercenary or part of the warlord's army, he is a conman who has tricked warlords and no shortage of encampment of their fortunes, but she had a feeling he has to be a lot better on a fight than he looks like, after all, he is still breathing.