Volume III Prologue II: The Louise family.

"Hey Boss nice to see you again, we really showed those guys from the Rockwell gang their place, they are just nothing without their boss." The men were rather rowdy, in the evening they were reunited to take some drinks at the VIP lounge at the Kafe, even after all that had happened Ocassio Cafe remained open, but it was now under new management.

"True, but keep it on the low, we don't need anyone to think we were involved in the death of Mr.Rockwell, It's a pity, to have been taken down by those hunters." Vic Ocassio was sitting to the side of the VIP room while his rowdy men drank on the main table, he much preferred to be near a corned if he could help it. After the fall of the Ocassio family, he bought the cafe himself, and because of that it became a recurrent meeting place for the newly named Louise family. There were many complaints but the helpless people left behind by Mr.Ocassio could not compare to money at their worst of times, this place was important to the inner circle and so Vic believed it needed to stay, even if its carpets still had the stains of blood.

"Yes, we really don't need that much attention boys a young family like us doesn't need more enemies than we can handle and we already have a lot." Amar was sitting opposite of Vice looking at the men over her shoulders, Vic wasn't paying attention as he was busy looking over some documents, even on his day off as director of the news agency, the director and paperwork never seemed to ever be apart. Amara took a long drink, she was off work, but everyone could tell she still had a gun under her vest.

"So once more nothing about Rockwell's death reaches the news, you gotta give it to the corps they are much better at the police at wiping things clean."

"It is a fortune we still can keep up regardless Rockwell was not someone the hunters asked us about, it's clear they need us much less than ever before, they come and go as they please and hunt as they please as well."

"Well is not like they are picking any big targets they have done nothing but hunt down small fry for a year, they have Aurora with them by now she must have established her own information network as well as gotten her own city people on a payrolls, she is ex corp after all." Vic stopped looking at his documents and closed them.

"They will come back, their food is ending now, anyone in the inner district with a demon is either dead, recruited by the families, or under our umbrella and they are not attacking us, that alone proves they still have a need for us." Vic fixed his reading glasses as he sat down, looking at the rowdy men, they all had expensive brown suits with coats and fancy hats, compared to that both Vic and Amara still looked like simple office workers. Vic thought it was too showy, but he knew these people were once thugs and mobsters from smaller broken families would not simply adapt to his needs, it is an essential part of growing, in this last year the size of their family had doubled as the people who were left to fend for themselves heard of a family that would welcome all.

"I have to say this place is not that well-looking now, is quite empty, never really came here, but I knew the lines outside went on for miles."

"But of course, the famous Diva of the cafe is gone and I have to admit, there may not be anyone in this city that can replace her, just like my brother she was one of a kind."He knew well that there were countless flowers put on the stage of the cafe, even now roses still adorned it but there had to be a singer on the stage, Vic knew if he simply brought anyone some even thought it an insult, he had stepped on the pride of this place more than enough.

"I still have to wonder, I know he was the biggest obstacle for Mr.Louse, but why did you just accept to kill him like that...Was it just Louise who forced you?" Vic looked behind Amara to make sure no one was hearing them. More as a habit than anything else.

"It was Louise idea but it had to be done, unless we could unify the inner district it would eventually be swallowed by the families and my brother could not do so...he would have ended up a war with the families because the anger he held for them was too much."

"You know that makes me wonder what his story really is, you did grow together."

"That is not for you to know...but I won't lie I too share his anger but is not me who will lead us that will be Mr.Louse I'm merely here to make a way." For the first time on the night, Louise reached for his cup of wine.

"You know, I dont really share your trust Louise has never even seen the man,  but if you want me to be honest I think is quite cruel of you, there were many other ways to take over this place..."Amara leaned forward as she spoke quietly.

"Maybe so, but not to the hunters with what we did here our fates are tied, we are the only ones who have all the information their enemies will need, and we are both complicit on many crimes because of that our mutual relationship is tied. People will always want to know who killed the diva of this cafe, and the famous Mr.Ocassio who keeps the families away. The plan was a solid one, is fine if you consider me a monster...at the end is Mr. Louise's name which should receive praise, enough we need to move back to the office now."

"Man, well I suppose I guess I'm sticking around till the end, I don't know Louise but this is still the only family I can have, so let's hope your trust is well placed Director Ocassio." She stood up closing her suit jacket to hide her gun.

"It will. Rest assured that it will as long as we all play our part in the plan."