Devils Diablesa and Basil I

Ocassio café was under a heavy darkness today, the buzzing café had no guests at all and the usual lights illuminating its beautiful colored walls were dimmed, all light has been forbidden, and every window was blocked from the inside after all the café was closed due to repairs allegedly, but it was in no way empty, armed men walked around inside it patrolling, the men dress in slick purple suits were clearly on edge, today only the real Ocassio family had come to the café, the place was not silent at all even under that darkness a woman was singing upon the stage.

Marcelina was the Diva of the café and even now she was still performing even if there was no audience, the only person looking at her was Mr.Ocassio himself who sat with his cane in hand in front of the stage, he remained there quietly looking at her with a tired expression as she singed on the closed off café, it was a performance for the family and only for the family.

"She finally stopped singing as she held the mic with both hands, Marcelina was still dressed to the nines even if she was only there as a guard, with a black shining dress and a white hat with feathers as well as a white coat falling gently over her shoulders.

"Now Mr.Ocassio not even an applause, are you perhaps worried about what your brother told you." She walked to the edge of the stage where her boss could see her in the eyes.

"I can't help it, if there was any merit to his warning, something will happen today, it is a sad thing that is only on this day that I have no choice but to lower my guard, my brother knows it and if so I'm sure any enemy of mine does."Marcelina crossed her gloved hands.

"Darling you do what you need to do, I will make sure no one will disturb you that is why Im here, it's my way of paying you back, had you not found me I would have no stage to call my own, this is our café our dear home, as long as I stand Ill protect it all, that is the strength of the devil I have.

"The Diablesa...I could not just ignore you, a curse like the one you have was too unbearable to deal with alone, the devil behind you lives by the praise of the masses a mere killer could never get that on the down streets, don't overthink it I simply saw a role for you on our future.

"Indeed without my stage I will turn stone soon enough, but darling you know well I too love the applause. Even if it was not out of the pure goodness of your hearts a debt is a debt, as long as Im here no one will harm you Mr.Ocassio" The man smiled as he stood up from his chair.

"Im nothing to be proud of, but excuse me the luxury of listening to your song, even we sinners get their moment of fancy, I will be back, take care of our beloved café till then."He walked away with his cane tapping into the floor two armed men joined behind him in silence, Marcelina saw him go as she grabbed the mic again and began to sing, a lot of the men on patrol stood still for a moment to listen to her.

Ocassio walked to the center of the café where the VP table stood on top of an artificial waterfall. The two men walked on opposite sides of the waterfall and inserted each key into a keylock upon the center pillar, the waterfall stopped and a metal door opened up its center, Ocassio looked back at the stage and quietly step forward into the darkness behind the waterfall.

He went downstairs following into a dark descent with only only his two guards following behind him in silence, there was only dim light showing the path forward as the door closed behind them and the waterfall began to descend again.

"It's been already a year since I last stepped in here, time is truly relentless I can only hope I will see some true progress this upcoming year." They reach an open circular room, a very massive one likely as huge as the main lobby of the café above them, the two guards raised handlamps and illuminated the huge trunk of a tree in the center of the room, it was a massive old silk tree with white flowers covering all of its branches, it was covering the ceiling like a mantle and there was rough breathing as well, all the branches were moving even if there was no wind.

Another armed man was waiting for Ocassion down there, he stood with his weapon ready.

"Sir, the sacrifices are ready." The man was standing to the side of a lamp amidst the foliage behind him there were five men on their knees with bags over their heads, they have been chained down to the massive three trunks with ropes.

"Good, Basil is hungry if we don't feed blood to the tree today it will rampage, where did you get them?"

"They were from a small gang that killed one of our employees last month, unfortunately, we couldn't get anyone from outside the city, we were careful im sure the cops won't notice." The guard said while slightly kicking one of the men who was still struggling in vain upon the tree's roots.

"Things are becoming quite complicated next year we will have to get more creative with the sacrifices, what a pain whatever is going on in the outskirts is a nuisance."Ocassio walked forward with his cane and stopped in front of the sacrifices, he looked up at the three and saw it, at its center a crooked face was clear it looked like that of an old man and it was breathing, the entire tree was breathing slowly.

"I will need your assistance Devil Tree Basil as long as you are at my side only a fool will strike us even if it means chaining myself to this place forever, this is my town, my birthplace, it is the place I set my roots and from here we will expand, that is the will of us the Ocassio familia till the day we free of the grip of the families." The silk tree moaned.

"Feast, take the blood of our enemies, and grow strong once more Basil, we have much to conquer, let this blood make your roots grow evermore." The branches that feel like curtains all closed from above towards the sacrifices, the tree opened its empty eyesockets as it stirred, the curtains of green-white flowers covered them completely and the flowers began to turn red, there were screams deep below the ground as three trees took the blood as nourishment to recover its vitality once again.

"We have much work to do Basil, let us grow this district together till this inner district stands forever tall on its own."Ocassio took a seat on a small wooden chair with his guard at his side as he stared coldly at the tree rattling its branches, feeling more and more alive.

" Blood is the price to be paid and I will gladly pay it for freedom, is someone truly wishes to end my hopes, let them come to my garden."