Epilogue IV The police corps of Argia.

It has been about a week and there has been no news. We will have to pronounce Mr. Franklin's death and carry out his funeral. That said, we are telling the press that he died in a shootout in the city, no need to complicate matters any more than they are. And what about you feeling any better now, inspector?'' A woman asked. She stood in front of a wide window that showed a grand iron wall and, far beyond it, a white tower in the distance could be seen. A tower that rudely appeared out of nowhere and changed the scenery without warning.

Inspector Eva was sitting on a huge brown sofa, her hair falling over her face as she stared at her hands. She was shaking due to a swirl of emotions she had yet to put a name to. They were in an elegant office adorned with medals, photos, and framed newspaper articles. Behind Eva a huge golden insignia was displayed on the wall, depicting an eye over a city in gold, the symbol of the Argia Police Department, the eyes of the city. A dazzling insignia that dwarfed everything below it.

''It's unforgivable, they really went ahead and killed an officer of Argia, the people of the creek district are as atrocious as everyone says.'' Her hands were shaken, but at least at this moment, Eva was sure that this emotion was pure anger

''Franklin was always an unlucky man, but a good officer. You know how he got his demon inspector?'' The woman that was speaking with Eva was there at the distance through the window showing Eva her back, a long desc of brown wood separating the two.

''He never talked much about the past...he only told me that the demon was a punishment.''

''Eligor will only answer the call of someone who has dirty their hands with the blood of their own family, a long time ago, when Franklin was but a rocky with not much of a future, he ended up getting involved in a gunfight with a small gang on the east side of the inner circle district. Apparently, his little brother was a member of this gang and he had no idea. He wounded him fatally. There was a demon involved, and in a situation like that, we were demanded to open fire to any hostility, he didn't recognize him till after the Shaban was over and done for. " The woman said with a smirk as she turned to look back at Eva.

''...I don't blame him for not telling me anything, but I suppose his brother probably had it coming.''

''Hehe, you sure don't mince words. Regardless that Eligor is a demon whose ritual is only known to us in the police, but murdering your family is clearly illegal, so we hardly ever summoned it, we gave Franklin the proposition even if he was bitter about it. He knew there was only so much he could do as he was. The legendary inspection would never have earned so many accomplishments without accepting such a deal. It was also excellent for us here. Of course, I only heard this from the previous chief. Inspector Franklin was already on the force before I even joined.'' Eva looked at the wall there were multiple articles of inspector Frankly. She remembered a few of them, like how Mr. Frankly forced back the twin devils all by himself.

''I was quite excited when I was told I was going to be his partner, but I was surprised by how unmotivated he was, he was lazy and seemed to hate the idea of his own job. He didn't care much about being any better than he was.''

''I wonder about that, but there is no denying that if he had wanted, he could have been a hero of the city. But I suppose he must have felt, that all he had was due to the brother he murdered, he never got to know why his little brother was in that place that day, That blade of his arm was the clearest reminder of that murder and all that was to come. He was simply too dramatic. You must numb such feelings to do your job. As we are the eyes of the city, we must be those even demons fear. Still, he was a proud member of us and we will avenge him, mark my word inspector.''

''Are we marching them, please let me go as well, Chief Rodgers.'' The woman turned around she was wearing a white suit with golden embroidery and a medal on her chest. She had a police cap with the symbol of the eye in it. She was an old woman with a very relaxed posture. She smiled as she fixed her half-moon glasses. ''

''Guess your little trip to the outside world didn't teach you much, inspector. You go there again and you will only be a feast for demons. 'Eva stood up and walked to her desk.''' He died so I could come back here, I refuse to simply let it go!'' The chief shrugged her shoulders.

''Spare me the pity party, we got orders from the corps we are forbidden to return to that place, they have yet to be considered a threat to the city, I suppose if they are only going to kill wayward demons there is not an issue, honestly, the city is on turmoil right now, with the worms gone, the families have no way to bring human sacrifices to the city and therefore they are starting to get those sacrifices among the citizens here...we simply can't afford the little excursion right now inspector.''

''It is the fault of those demon hunters, they also killed the worms I'm sure.''

''Maybe but, the worms and the snakes weren't organizations we approved of, but they were a necessary evil to keep the peace in here, so we let those issues slide. As a result, we can blame the hunters without admitting how important these organizations were to our city, as they say.Human sacrifices are Argia's biggest imports.''

''So we are just going to ignore Mr.Fraklin's death.?'The chief nodded and turned to look into the distant tower

''For now, but if these hunters start to attack our city, if they go after our citizens, then it will be under our jurisdiction. So till that day comes, you need to get a stronger inspector. Although your excursion was not pointless, a demon with mist and a demon maze, I already sent a report to the capitol district. How curious that the forbidden bride is a low-rank demon, but, it seems most of the information on it is confidential. It is also interesting that their leader may be a woman. Hopefully, someone above can get a better idea about them. '' The chief looked back at Eva with a serene and yet very strict expression.

''Inspector, how much would you will be willing to sacrifice to be a hero of this city? Can you do what Mr.Franklin did to obtain such power? Without power like that, you will only be helpless again.'' Eva took a deep breath as she prepared herself to stare at the chief in the eyes.

''Í will do anything that is needed, I will become a member of the anti-devil corps, I thought I made that clear in my job interview... With all due respect, I will do anything the city wishes of me.''

''Hahaha, alright then, I'm going to get you there if you are truly ready for it. Bear with me for now, but I can assure you I will make that tower crash down into the ground. It's such an ugly sight, with that whole city of beggars around it. Hah, I don't remember the last time I was so eager to do my job.'' Eva stared at the Chief's back when a circle of light appeared on her back and it opened showing a huge fleshy eye. Eyes began to manifest all around the back of the chief as if sporting like flowers. Eva walked back, on instinct.

''If the people of Creek have allied with enemies of the city, we will treat them the same, I have waited so long to wipe out that sorry sight of a town, is just... so unpleasant to look at. Our grand city is meant to only be surrounded by beauty.''The chief spoke with her usual gentle tone, but Eva was paralyzed as all the eyes stared at her, eyes that were now growing out of the very wall in the room.

''Mark my words, Eva After this, we will both become members of the corps and live a true dazzling life in the capitol district. The demon hunters are nothing more than a sacrifice for that future, and we will make it happen.''