Devil Diao Si Gui III

"Hold your fire is just me, you two." Heng raised both of her arms as both Lee and Laura pointed their guns at her, she didn't look concerned at all and the relief on both their faces was clear. They were reunited in the darkness of the warehouse among a sea of crates of steel and wood. They didn't have much time and they knew it.

"Alright we can make it to the market by going this way it will be way harder for them to hit us with their rifles, how many are they exactly," Heng asked them while looking behind her for any movement.

"I saw two women,"Laura said and quickly stopped herself from being too loud.

"Three me although I think I took care of one them, and old man. These people are well-trained they move like a squadron" Lee said as he reloaded his handgun.

"There is a devil with them, he had swords specifically for beheading devils, I've seen blades like those on the Triada..." Heng said as she showed them the sword in her hand, the patterns on it were the kind the Triada used.

''That's strange all the people I saw weren't Chinese, are they mercs...or maybe in disguise."Lee fixed his glasses looking lost in thought.

''No it wouldn't make any sense to come after me like that, if they wanted to get pushier about forcing me back with them, they wouldn't try to kill me first...whatever, what matters is that they are our enemies." Heng punched her open palm with her fist looking quite angry.

''Do we just run"

" Too risky they have rifles if they get a clear shot at our backs that will be all, no we will just ambush them I can take of them, they are good but they don't know these streets as we do, we will ambush them, take their weapons off and then we will see if they still refuse to talk."The three of them raised their fist and had fist bumps in the dark there was no need for any more words, they understood what each of them had to do now.

''Is a nag, but we are all making it back home, that's what we always do." Heng gave them a cocky smile as they split once more in the darkness, It didn't take long for them to hear the sound of footsteps from the entrance the hunters split into two groups with their guns. Cao was leading the charge with a handgun and his remaining sword, they walked slowly each of them trying to cover as much as they could in their line of sight, but the entire warehouse was a mess of luggage and articles it was hard to tell what they were seeing half the time.

Cao stood still suddenly and the rest of the Hunters did as well. Then he jumped back as a wooden crate fell from above him, the same happened on both sides, Janice Ducked and Olga threw her weapon to grab a huge barrel with both hands using all of her strength to stop it. On the other end, the crate fell over Hunt who screamed jumping back to evade but as soon as he did someone grabbed him from behind. Heng twisted his arm forcing him to let go oh his rifle and quickly kicked it away from him, Cao aimed his gund but she easily hid behind him using him as a shield as she twisted his arm more.

"Sorry Boss, please don't shoot I'll figure something out!"Hunt said while still wincing at the pain. Cao heard a gunshot and he barely moved as he receive a shot on the left side of his chest, a flame grew from the wound as he still barely hold up his gun. Above the crates, Lee had shot him and as soon as he saw that the man didn't die he ducked out of the way and jumped into the darkness.

And finally where Olga was holding the crate Laura came from behind some barrels pointing her guns at Olga she was barely holding the crate above her so she just grinned her teeth, but Janice came from her side pointing her rifle at Laura. Laura shot her first with her second gun and Janice dropped her gun receiving a gunshot in her chest. Laura then immediately pointed at Olga.

Cao moved he ignored the pain of his wound and ran towards her with his blade. Heng saw it and quickly broke Hunt's arm and threw him out of the way forcefully to run after him but Cao moved at such speed he reached Laura with his blade and sword. She saw her on the corner of her eye but she didn't feel the blade rather she was thrown off her feet and into the ground.

''Agg... sorry...'' Cao saw his blade cut asking, but in front of him was a tall with glasses, Lee had taken the deep cut straight to his chest and his white shirt was already tainted red, blood was dropping at a rate that could be stopped. The man let go of his gun unable to have any strength to use it at all and looked down at Laura who was seeing him with an expression of utter terror.

''Take care of the boss for me, she needs it.'' Lee spoke his last words as his vision grew faint and he fell to the ground Cao staring at him with his bloodied blade. Olga manage to throw the box out of the way and ran towards Janice who was still wounded, it looked like no one was left with any strength to move, the shock keeping Laura on her knees.

She screamed, and that scream make Cao again as he turned back towards his real target.

''I guess, I wasn't enough to keep you safe... it's just like you Mr.Lee you can't help but try to be a busybody..." Fong Heng stared at Cao while cracking her knuckles.

''You only want me right? How about it I won't run if you only come after me."She said with raising anger in her voice, Cao looked around him.

"You two retire ill finish this.'' He walked past Laura who remained on the ground sobbing, Olga nodded and helped Janice to stand up, Hunt already seemed to have taken his chance to get out. Cao could tell by seeing her eyes this woman would not try to run anymore.

"I guess this is as far as playing house got me, that woman was right there was no evading our Karma, it sucks, not for Lee and not for me." Heng moved her gloved hand to her neck, where a wound had opened, her neck seemed to turn black from a project as if she was being strangled by an invisible force.

"You are the very first man in years that has pissed off so much that I won't be able to keep my devil away." It began to manifest like a yellow mist, something took the form of a human behind her, it was a corpse a tall lanky man with a long floating traditional yellow Mao suit. His long limbs were barely bones with rotten flesh and his face that of a corpse, but his mouth were opened and a unbelievable long purple tongue fell. Cao raised his blade but he found that his hand was unbelievably heavy.

He look at his hand another spectral figure was holding it tight, it was a skeleton in golden robes or more like the mere expect of a torso, it wasn't the only ghostly figure that had begun to crawl over his body, they had no real mass and yet he felt his body growing heavy.

''This is Diao Si Gui, the hanged one.'' Heng let go of her neck as the floating figure remained behind her with his tongue lulling. She closed her fist and pointed at him. Laura stood up looking at Heng with terror, she seemed more afraid of what she was doing than anything.

'There is a hang for sinners like us assassin and there is no escaping this karma.'' She punched her open palm and cracked her knuckles