Demon Vepar IV

The summoner of the demon was dead. That was the only thing that Abram was sure of, but this demon was not the type to simply die there and then. A white, long worm-like creature was standing ever taller. The worm queen's corpse was hanging from the beast as if it were impaled at its center. From below her coat, the long body of the demon continued to stretch and its neck raised to the very ceiling, where it moved its mouth open towards Abram's own head.

"How do I even kill you?" Abram wondered. The beast stretched its head and he dodged down, trying to slice at its neck with his dagger. The demon began to move towards him, overwhelming him with its massive size. Abram began to disappear within the fog as he ran in a circle around the creature. The beast threw the chair and table into the air, sending them as Abram had to throw himself to the ground to not be hit by the flying table. Though his powers were active, the demon seemed to follow him precisely with its head.

''Huh, you don't even have eyes... guess you can find me with something else.'' He took out a handgun. There was no point in being quiet any longer. The fog behind him began to take on a human shape, like a massive shadow growing within him.

''Its scorn, the anger of death has taken shape, " The ragged voice of a woman could be heard around him. The familiar voice of the forgotten bride that followed in his shadow whispered to his ear.

''Give me a hand alright, I'm sure you don't want me to die here either, lady.''

''Of course, but a price will be paid." The demon answered on his shoulder, Abram stood up and evaded the massive creature lunging at him with its neck stretching. He quickly struck it with his dagger, making it bleed, a yellow liquid, but the beast made no sound and just lunged back at him. He shot it in the head, making the demon recoil, but it moved its tail in a swiping motion and threw Abram with force against the wall. The beast opened its mouth and moved forward with all of its weight, but the mist took the shape of a figure, a skeleton involved in a white veil that used its long claws to stop the beast from reaching him.

''Hold it right there demon.'' Abram felt its bones break, but he still had more than enough room to move. He quickly moved to the side and slashed the creature's neck, piercing it over and over to try to cut through its thick skin, but even with inhuman strength, he was not unable to cut it off. He gritted his teeth and pierced it again, but his hand was wrapped in a small white appendage, his hand. He felt it was about to rip it off from him. From the corpse of the worm queen, long white tentacles began to sprout. They all had a mouth, they were all heads, This was a demon of many small but hungry mouths. Abram shoots the appendage with his gun over and over till the long creature is forced to let go. His hand was bleeding. That thing had ripped off his skin.

Its long neck forced the demon in the mist to let go of it and violently swiped all around Abram, throwing him with great force into the ground. His hand let go of his gun, but he still clung to his dagger for dear life. The mist moved around as if shielding him, but it was unlikely that they could conceal his presence. The beast raised its neck towards the ceiling, screeching. The body that was stuck on it was now surrounded by long white appendages that were biting the air trying to reach someone. You could barely see the worm queen within it.

''What the hell is happening here? " Inevitable due to all the noise, two guards of the worms stormed into the room with their weapons drawn. They immediately entered into a panic as they saw the massive creature inside the trashed office.

''Where is the boss? Try and find her. I'll kill this thing. "He began to shoot at its head with his rifle, Abram tried to make himself unseen as best he could.

The forgotten bride had returned to the mist. They wouldn't be able to see Abram now within that dense fog, but he was quite unsure of how to attack. His wound was fortunately already healing and the creature seemed distracted by the man shooting at it. But it remained passive, simply stretching its neck while receiving the shots still bleeding from Abram's attacks.

''My children, my family.''The voice of the old woman could be heard in the room, Abram remembers it, just like before a dead woman was talking. He could tell that the sound wasn't coming from that huge mouth, but rather it was the voice of the corpse of the queen strapped to it.

''Be free, live now, live in this world once more.' ' The demon released a scream. It felt more like the screeching of hundreds of insects, and immediately the man let go of his weapon and screamed.

"There is a voice in my head!" The other men also seemed to be suffering from something, Abram hated that sound, but he wasn't being affected. The two men only got worse as their shapes began to deform and mutate. Their hands turned into claws and their coats ripped to pieces as they grew taller and taller. Abram could see that they were turning into pale creatures, very familiar creatures.

They were devils, the white monsters that lurked in the streets of the Creak district, the beasts he had terrible encounters with multiple times.

''So they really were coming from this drain, huh." Abram ran towards them and the two devil thralls howled, raising their claws. Abram was engulfed in the mist completely and banished as they rushed to attack him, ending up swiping at empty air while he ran out of the room.

''This isn't possible anymore, we are retreating! " Abram reached the huge room of the waterway where the gunfight was still going on and he took out a flare gun and shot towards the ceiling.

"Everyone we are leaving! "'' The room was illuminated with a bright red light. It was a call for retreat, a call for emergency, a sign that there was no victory to be gained.

''We are retreating!''