Epilogue I The maze city.

"Seeing it up close, it's even harder to believe that all this really just spawned out of nothing in a day. Scary, real scary." Two people stood outside the wall of a fortress, a maze that had come from the depths of the earth and the great white tower above it in the distance.

Someone with a very powerful demon must have done it. This district is barely recognizable now. " A blond woman walked forward, seeing around her with great caution, eyeing the crowds around them. It had been only a few months and the people of Central had moved into the maze in droves. Its entrance was now a market filled to the brink. The woman looked young, likely in her twenties. She had long wild hair and wore a long grey coat.

"Yes indeed, no one on the outskirts should have a demon with this much power. Someone in the city must have screwed up." A tall old man was following her, wearing a green old duster with a grey shirt and a black tie. He had a green fedora and a chewed-down cigar in his mouth. The old man looked at the entrance of the labyrinth where members of the city guards had their weapons at the ready.

"Can't blame anyone for wanting to be inside this place; any warlord in the wastes will find it difficult to assault such a fortress, even if their guards aren't much to write home about."The old man shrugged as they mixed within the crowds. They wandered the small town that was slowly shaping up within the fortress.

''The architecture is bizarre, all of this is perfectly symmetrical, these huge white pillars and all of this bull imagery, just keeps repeating itself. Almost as if it was simply being built to be as expansive as it could, is a repeating pattern all over the place, not too imaginative.''The woman was tracing the wall with her hand. After a while, every corner of this place ended up looking the same.

"Maybe this place really was just born. There may not be any architects, it was not designed by human hands, it just is. It must be really easy to get lost in here. It was not built to be a place for humans to live in, but..." The old man looked at the people sleeping on the floors at the sides of the walls. There were dozens of them. Humans always find a way, don't they? " He carefully walked to the side of an old blind lady who seemed to be in the middle of the road looking for something. The young woman seemed very displeased with their surroundings. ''

''Someone really made a fortress like this and just allowed the homeless population to live here as they please, that is truly suspicious. Maybe this is but a plot to obtain human sacrifices?''

"You never look at things on the bright side, do you Eva? But I get it, there is something suspicious here for sure. I heard this place was created by these mysterious hunters, but all of the guards are scrawny members of the city guard. There is no trace of any hunters anywhere. "' Eventually, the two of them reached deeper into the labyrinth to a place where there were only a couple of guards and no citizens to speak of. The two of them hid behind a wall as they surveilled the place. There seemed to be a truck moving supplies deeper into the labyrinth.

"There is definitely something important down this path. I know we are just here to surveil the place, but I don't feel we have enough information to return to headquarters, not if we intend to give the chief a good impression."

"The deeper we go, the harder it is going to be to come back. If these rumored hunters do exist, they are the kind of people who have killed demon summoners. I may be at risk here."

"Taking down some low gangs with throw-away demons isn't that impressive. Hunting down demons is common for us in the Argia police department, Mr. Franklin." The old man threw his cigar to the ground.

''You youngsters sure are bold these days. It is possible that Mr. Collins survived. He is not a demon I could handle, let alone a regular human like you, young lady. 'We are here to watch and report, nothing more. " Eva didn't take his words kindly.

"I will never get a demon of my own if I'm not willing to do this at all. We need something concrete before we retire, at the very least to confirm that these "devil hunters" exist." Taking down Collins wouldn't be bad either. I don't know why the chief gave a demon to a man with a history of hatred and public disobedience against the city. "

"The chief considered a decent compromise. Our department had no real-time to keep the peace on the outskirts, and since we couldn't stop getting into conflict with the locals, giving them a bone so they could take care of themselves was our best bet. Aside from the fact that the demon she gave him is a death sentence, he must be quite the man to still be alive by now. Either way is not our job to deal with him.''

''A poor move by the chief, but if we can get a clear indication he is planning some sort of rebellion, the chief will have to commend us. We need to go deeper, Mr. Franklin. If you don't take the few opportunities life gives you, you will simply rot in place. " Franklin sighed as he composed himself and took his hands out of his pockets.

"Fine, if you're gon na risk it, I'll go and give you a hand. I don't even get it. What is so wrong about our lives really? " The two of them moved and, with great speed, they both reached one of the guards ahead from the opposite side of the hall and knocked them down with a blow to the head.

"Alright, kid, let's go, but if I told you to run, you better listen to your elders for once."

"Yes sir."

The two of them walked deeper into the labyrinth, following the endless white walls.