Target profile Devil Andras

''Alright then, straight up to business, listen, if your intention is to get up and personal with the cartel there is no point in going for a nobody while we have the element of surprise. You have to go for one of their jefes, or a capo if you want to say it that way.''

Abram and Rosario had come to the office of Marco Tejada, now that their exploration of the district was done they had to start their operation right away. The man in charge as usual had a mocking grind as he passed them a photo. There was the man in the photo a tall and lanky man in an elegant tailored dark brown suit, but with the head of an owl and black wings closed behind him, still, even with that bestial appearance he was carefully tending to a garden.

''This man Is Diego Velazques, he is a jefe of the cartel that manages more of the city hotels and trading here at Plaza Blanca, he is the only jefe who makes this place his home rather than Villa Blanca, from what I heard he prefers the calmer life, he lives in hotel luna, not too far from here and rarely gets involved in much more than paperwork, he made a contract with the devil Andras, not that powerful a demon but I heard he had quite the reputation when he was younger, so you two better not get too cocky.'' Marcos seemed to measure their reaction, Alba Rosario just smiled at him and grabbed the photo.

''Just the fact that he lives here in Plaza Blanca already makes him the easiest target, infiltrating a hotel shouldn't be impossible either, still I know that Papa trusts Diego a lot as a businessman, if anything happens to him, he will be personally furious even if mister Diego is not the strongest demon around.''

I'll repeat to not underestimate the bird face, but well maybe you two are more than cheap talk, but ill think you guys should sit down, the reason we need to move fast is that he currently has most of the hotel under repairs, so there aren't as many faces around, you want to do this quietly is this month or never, if tourist season starts security will triple.'' Marco twirled a knife on his hand as usual he was still slowly peeling a sculpture out of wood as they talked.

''There has to be more to it, you know we are two here is there something else to keep in mind?''

''There is one more demon that makes Plaza Blanca his home, a sicario, his name is Reyes Pizarro, I dont know much about him or even how he looks, we just call him la sombra de villa Blanca, a shadow assassin of the cartel, I cant tell you much more than that, get the job done and get out fast, if he smells ya at all you may not make it out.''

Abram sighed, either way, he will have to do this.

''Is fine, dont care who this shadow is if he a demon, one day we will go for him too'' Abram told him as he got up from his sea, Marco clicked his tongue and looked up at him.

''Not bad, but don't blame me if they cut off your tongue.''

                                                                                         ***

Away in a dark room drenched in solitude a man worked dutifully upon his desk with no light at all yet the man worked calmly signing and reading documents with a machine-like precision. The man had the head of an owl with eyes fit for that pitch darkness.

''Almost done, I have to say they are not handling the budget that properly this month, doesn't help we had to let go of many men due to the impossibility of obtaining sacrifices, ah so unpleasant.''He finally put the papers aside as his head twisted back to see behind him.

''You really should at least knock on the door, young man.''

''I figure I rather just meet in person Don Velazques.'' The voice of the man who replied was a fierce loud tone.

At the other side of the elegant office, a man was now sitting on a couch by the entrance, he was embraced by the darkness of the room and even the owl could not see his face, just the figure of a tall imposing figure in a black suit with a violet flower upon his chest and a business shirt of jaguar yellow and black spots opened casually under his suit. 

''Ya heard that boss is getting desperate haven't you Don Velazques, I figure I may as well tell you that both me and that annoying woman have been ordered to hunt his misbehaving brat as a top priority.''

''I heard yes, rather foolish the is no way the other families will not notice it, is unlike Don Rosario to make a move due to a personal concern, but I suppose he is still a father in the end.''

''I don't like one bit, there are reports of all kinds of strange goings lately and both mercenaries and other ruffians are getting bold, the complete lack of sacrifices is making all kinds of rats come out, they are easy prey at least, ripping by the throat is nothing special, but the fact Im suppose to go a goose chase right now, well its annoying, I hate to be annoyed.''  Velazques left his pen and turned back to stare at the man shrouded in shade.

''So even the shadow of the cartel is getting anxious, there is no denying that there is a bad wind coming, that say why are you here, I never took you for the kind to come for a visit, regardless how things go, my job on the cartel is to handle the logs so the rest of you can do your thing unbothered, it is tragic, sad even but is no longer my concern how the war on the streets go.''

''Come on don't play senile now, you know that war makes it everyone's problem, for now I'm off the clock I was simply told to keep an eye on Plaza Blanca so I figure I may as well ask you, do you think Don Rosario really gonna keep it together? You do know him, right? Ever since he was a child, so I figure I may as well ask you, too many people are losing fate on him.''The man in the shadows, Reyes spoke as he raised his hand, his nails were long like those of a beast.

''I trust the Don, he was a man who managed to force the cartel back into shape had it not been for him after his father's death, this city would have been taken by the high circle government by now...but is true that he is not a man meant for war, so I had hoped he could have spent the rest of his days in peace and that the young lady would take the mantle, but I suppose thing is just never that easy.''

''hahahaha, never that easy eh? Getting nostalgic too, tell ya what if worse comes to worst maybe you would like to go back to Villa Blanca im sure the other jefes would be glad for you to take command in there.''

''I'll refuse, im not interested.''

''You really no fun anymore, what happened to the moon ravager? You were a gang leader once don't tell me you really lost that old bestial flare.''

''Listen I have no regrets by now, but I no longer care for money and power, what I have is enough.''

''You just gonna stay here putting signatures then, well I guess I lost my time coming here then viejo.''

''I dont think you will get it any time soon, but I suppose what I really want is time...and Im afraid that is the one thing you cannot gain by force, no matter what.'' Velazques went back to his desk and stared at a photo shade away, only he could see it clearly in that darkness.

''Well I just wanted to see if you were also getting pissed at the boss, but I guess not. It doesn't really matter im just a shadow I ain't the kind to lead anything, I'll follow my orders unless the cartel is threatened I have no need to bear my fangs for myself, see ya then, I'll be around these parts for a while, at least till the Don calls for me, walk with care.''The shadow of the Cartel stood up and was soon gone without even a sound. Velazques grabbed his pen again as he looked back at his documents.

''Is it too much to ask, for things to simply stay still, just let me spend these final years in peace.'' He continued his work in silence in that pitch-black room, no matter how the time passed as he long since had no need to ever sleep.