Devil Sabnock II

''Hahaha, really now? I was wondering what kind of people these assassins in black were. I didn't expect them to be zealots. Fine, I'll give you just a minute to explain yourself. I rather not beat up a friend without at least hearing him out?''Rush laughed loud enough to be considered a scream.

''Friend? I thought you were being a good host, I never thought you considered me anything like that. I don't really know what our boss really wants, but to me, it seems like their only goal at the moment is to wipe out all demons. " Abram walked forward slowly. He had been told that Rush had a possession demon not that different from Seir. He would have a lot of physical strength, so being cautious was the way to go.

''I guess that explains why all of those gangs really ended up breaking apart, I could never have done that myself. Someone else always takes their place, but... If you really intend to wage a war against demons. Abram, then you will have to go to war with the city. Even  the mayor has a demon there, that city is ruled by demons. "Abram nodded.

''Isn't that a good thing? Look around you. Someone from that city left a ticking time bomb here. Unless we follow their stench back and take care of the problem from the source, your city is going to die. Even if you survive today, the demons will always come crawling back. The worms, snakes, and wolves, they are all that they are because of that city. Even those white beasts always come from up there. "Abram was feeling a wave of bitter anger in his chest, knowing that all of those sleepless nights running from devils were just someone's fancy had been upsetting.

''You say this was all planned by someone. What even is the point of killing us all? " Rush remained still with his arms crossed as if holding himself back.

''They wanted the worms to die. It would be better to say that they didn't care if this ended up killing you all. Why would they? Don't you get it? As long as they have so much power over life, it doesn't matter how much you fight, you can't protect this city. "Rush Collins laughed and Abram remained quiet and confused. He expected his friend to be furious.

''That's right, the wolves and the snakes were just puppets. Now that they lost their demons, they were both wiped out by their masters in the city. As long as the people in the city do as they please, the people out there are only going to know hell. I know that because I was just like them. I was just a gang leader once. As you know... it was the city police who gave this demon to me to keep this town standing. They gave me a demon just to ensure that the snakes and wolves couldn't become too powerful, but I won't thank them for it. These demons are a curse after all. '' Rush smiled and continued.

''No one hates the city of Argia like I do, Abram, but I never had the luxury of rebelling, else they would send someone else in my place to keep this city under control, someone that wouldn't care about any of our lives. I want to protect this town at any cost. That is why I made a deal with the devil. That is all I could hope for. We can't change the city, that grand city has been looking down at us for centuries. "'Collins stared at him with a cold and furious expression. He uncrossed his arms as Abram came even closer.

''I doubt we can do anything, but the people I'm with seem crazy enough to try.'' Abram stood still with his hands in his pockets, his voice clearly showing how unsure he still was.

''You are all nothing but murderers. You can't protect anyone. If I go with you, who will protect the people of Center? No one is left to care for them. As much as I would love to simply beat the shit out of everyone scheming inside that place, I won't just abandon them. I know that you all don't care. Things have been an utter mess since you all arrived here, and now there is no telling what will happen to everyone here. There is a balance in everything. If you just crush it without caring, well, people are going to fall through the cracks. " Abram sighed and raised his dagger.

''I guess you just aren't fit to be a killer, but I will take you with me. You are going to die or work for us. That is the same deal I got and I don't regret it. I did what I needed to for the people I cared for. " Rush gritted his teeth.

''I will do the same then, my friend.'' Rush ripped off the right sleeve of his elegant uniform.

''It sucks, I had no chance to change my clothes before coming here. How am I even going to buy another tuxedo? It is such bull. This nonsense just gets on my nerves. " Abram surrounded himself in fog as he looked at his arm at an uncanny sight. There was a face growing on his arm. it was a face made of iron, painfully sewn into his skin. The iron face opened its mouth, showing anger. Even if it was made of iron, it was clearly alive. From his opened mouth, a long translucid cable emerged and they quickly injected themselves into Collins's arm. He screamed but quickly bared his pain to not show any weakness. It was like hundreds of needles spread through his body, injecting themselves into his skin.

The face of steelgrew, expanding, with scales of steel that quickly covered his right arm. The expression on that face turned into one of a furious demon and grew so large it was now like a massive pillar of steel, almost as tall as he was and yet he was keeping its weight with ease. The needles were moving blood inside them and sending it straight to the mouth of the demon, whose eyes were tired and red.

''Is that blood being pumped out? Rush, what the hell are you doing? "Abram was at a loss. He wasn't afraid of seeing such a horrible thing, but rather worried, Rush wasn't showing any signs of being in pain, but he must have endured it all the same. 

''You think the people of the city will just give away a good demon for free? This demon, Sabnock, feeds on me, my blood, my life, my everything.''He raised his right hand and crashed the huge iron pillar onto the floor. ''This is my shield and that of every person in this town!'' That massive block of steel in the shape of a coffin, in his arm, was a shield. Abram raised his small dagger as well.

''Is this man our enemy? Is he a threat to you, Collins? The face on the shield spoke with a roaring voice, and Rush Collins looked down at it with a sad smile.

''I'm afraid so. We will crush him as we have done with everyone else who threatens our town. Sorry Abram I will not offer you my life! "Rush Collins jumped forward towards him, bringing down his shield, Abram disappeared before the impact, but when his strike touched the rooftop, the ceiling caved in and they both fell down below.