Epilogue II The devil Furfur

The sun was burning hot on this day, as the people of the center city were fleeing desperate. The guard had called the alarm for all to retreat into the tower but plenty of people still had no belief in the hunters and refused wishing that as long as they behaved the people from the city would not harm them be it as it may when the sound of trucks arrived at the entrance of the outskirt town, there was nary a soul on its busy streets.

They began marching easily forty members of the Argia police department came out from the tall trucks and marched they formed multiple squadrons and put their riot shields onward showing the insignia of the eye, to the people of the city it looked like a monster with hundreds of eyes. Their shield opened the way for a tall man in a white trenchcoat, the man had the horns of a star upon his head and walked with hooves rather than feet, they all saw he was a demon walking into town without any worries. Behind him a card drove slowly and the remaining people in town remained still in fear or tried to run away, but the armed policemen immediately stopped them by aiming with their guns.

"There is no telling who is allied with the terrorist, no one moves, if anyone tries to move we will open fire or subjugate them, if you are good people simply stay still." Vice Chief Miles spoke with a speaker as the police threw the people near their march to their knees to handcuff them, Most people saw this and hid away leaving the streets open as the police march reached the entrance to a bizarre tower that now looked over the entire outskirts.

"Hold on a moment there Sir I would wish we could still fix this peacefully if you dont mind." At the stairs of the entrance, the citizen guard stood, still wearing the same old uniforms they used to but now they were all armed with rifles and handguns, hardly a makeshift guard no longer. The man who spoke to the police was an old man with a scarred face, the second in command of the guard O Brian, It was the second time he had seen that man with the devil stag horn, but he did hesitate to look at him straight in the eyes.

"Well, look at that I remember you alright...I burned that face of yours years ago. No sign of Mr.Rush, come on we know he isn't a death bastard who tried his luck back in the city, dont pretend you guys know nothing about it." The car behind Vice Chief Miles opened and Deputy Evan Chief Director Rodgers stepped down into the street behind him.

"True...back then you people were roughing us up you said it was just an investigation, but the neighbors saw the friends and family beat to a pulp, so, of course, the captain the impatient man he is couldn't just stand still."

"My, my I remember that we were looking for someone on the run, truth be told we could have been more cautious but you can blame our men for being nervous in an unlawful town like this one, none the less to think Mr.Rush was crazy enough to try to force us out really, you claim to be not unlike us and yet such barbaric behavior from the get-go." The chief spoke towards O'Brian...he remembered her too, even now he still had no idea how that small old woman forced Rush Collins into submission even if he had no devil back then.

"We reached an agreement back then right, If the guard cooperated and kept the peace you would not be interrupting here again, The boss even accepted a deal with that devil that was meant to kill him and we have done so, this city has never been more peaceful."

"I can see that... the snakes, the wolves even the worms are all dead and buried now, and no one in the wasteland will try their luck against this massive tower, but that is not something you did yourself the guard could have never survived Vepar, you lot made a deal with something darker."

"True, all of us in the guard made a deal with a devil of ours, because we wanted peace, because we wanted Commander Collins to live, but more than anything because we no longer wanted to aver our eyes from our true enemy...so then you knew of Vepar, you knew of that worm devil."