Devil Marchosias V

"I think I have enough of you both. You are just another aimless fool in this city with a mere beast for a demon. How utterly boring. There is nothing of interest to me here. The answers I seek, you don't have any of them. An utter bore of a hunt. " The bird of flames formed around his arm as the hunter stared at his prey with both blades at the ready.

''If you keep being distracted by thinking about someplace else, you are going to lose your head, Mr.''

"I will finish this. It is clear the truth I seek can only be found in the city, so I can't lose any more time here in this waste. "

"Haha, why is everybody so obsessed with that city? It is not that special a place, it is the same kind of hell we are already walking through, but fine by me. If you can't even kill me, you have no chance of living in that cursed place. " The demon bird of flames raised towards her, but she charged forward with the pipe in her hand and dodged it to the side. Cao didn't step back but faced her straight on, blocking the pipe with his blade, but she hit him with such force that the blade was thrown out of his hand. He quickly attacked her back, making her step back just enough to evade the swing of his blade towards her neck.

"Get him now, boy! " Cao didn't lower his posture as he saw the black wolf fly towards them from above, following her instruction. The firebird raised its wings to block the path of the wolf and they both flew to the side to evade each other. Filled with anger, the black wolf followed the bird that flew towards the junk pile where the sniper was killed, the black beast on its tail.

"Don't get distracted! " He barely managed to block the pipe again, but her rampage was much more powerful; she walked forward, swinging again and again, and all he could do was try to put more distance between them while barely blocking it with his remaining blade.

"Shut up, I'm not going to die here. I could have accepted to die against him, but not you... I can smell that you are nothing but a coward! " She landed a blow with the pipe almost to his head, which he managed to protect with his open palm. His finger broke from the impact and he quickly kicked her with all of his strength.

"You won't live long. Not when you made a terrible mistake against me. " Cao spoke coldly as she cut the distance between the two of them again.

"That will be tomorrow, but not today. Every damn day I am going to fight and kill to stay alive. A Wolf lives! " Before she reached him again, they both felt a wave of heat and she suddenly stopped when something illuminated the night sky. A fiery light raised, as the mountain of junk in the distance exploded into a pillar of fire. The black wolf retreated after almost reaching the demonic bird. It remained in the air, flapping its wings as it growled towards the fire.

"It is an utter shame for a strategist to lose one of their own, but death is not the end for us."He waited for her attack, Petra lowered her pipe as she looked at the dancing flames as well, feeling a sudden sense of dread.

"I will let the death have one last dance. That is the true fire of the Phenex. I'm not fighting alone either, Miss. " She gritted her teeth as she stared into the fire above them.

A figure stood up. It had the shape of a human, the remnants of the figure of a woman. Three eyes opened on his head. Their entire figure seemed to be formed by nothing but flames, but there was still a scorched human within it. The demon screeched with the intensity of a bird of prey as wings of flames raised from its body. The burning demon flew into the sky, attacking the wolf with hands like claws.

"My demon is a scavenger bird. Without the flesh of death, it can't truly fight properly. How unfortunate for you. " Cao threw away his hesitation and struck her first. She dodges with a bitter expression as the weapons crash against each other once more.

"A bird has no chance against a wolf. Come and get it! " As the two of them tried to hit each other with a killer blow to the head, the bird of flames in the shape of a human struck the wolf from the side, making his black wings catch on fire. The demon wolf fought back, biting at its opponent's neck covered in flames, and they both crashed to the ground, blazing a trail like a comet.

Petra landed a hit again and again, and Cao barely blocked her, but his expression was serene. With the wolf distracted, this was his one and only chance. He wanted her pipe to land on his blade. It cracked. The sheer strength of her grip was more than the pipe could handle. It was an utter mistake, one of a devil who could not hold back her own strength. With his broken arm, he landed a strike with his elbow on her chest and threw her back to the ground, quickly pinned her down, and put his blade on her neck.

"Agg... you, I guess we all have the same end. It is just bad luck. Sorry, Neil, I couldn't protect anyone in your place... " She laughed weakly as she stared blankly at the sky.

"Please accept my apologies; this is the price of summoning a demon; I will meet you in hell when the time comes. So rest, for now, miss. " He finished by lowering the blade with all of his strength, cutting her neck in an instant, something no human could do with such ease.

He heard the howling of a wolf. The demon roared, its body still engulfed in flames, but his gaze was clearly fixed on him, and the beast rushed onto the ground, his fangs displayed, but before it could reach him, the monstrous human in flames flew from above and landed on its back, piercing the wolf's neck with the grotesque beak it had grown on its human head. The wolf howled, a whimpering, sad howl that all in the junkyard came to hear.

"Are you mourning her beast? How strange, I've never imagined such a thing. " The wolf began to glow with green light as it disintegrated without his master. His immortality was forfeit. Cao walked towards it and used his bloodied sword to put the beast out of his misery. As the beast disappeared, he looked at his own demon, the terrifying three eyes looking back at him in silent judgment.

"The hunt has ended. I'm sorry that I forced you to keep fighting. You can rest now. " The flames raised and quickly expired, leaving a scorched body that fell into ashes in just a moment. There was nothing left of the person surrounded by those flames. The woman was truly gone, her remains turned to ash in one final burning fire. Cao grabbed his other blade and his gun and walked towards the mountain of scrap that had collapsed. He sighed as he saw a man limping on the side of the structure. He seemed to be bleeding terribly and could only try to breathe.

"Hold on there, I have enough fire with me. So I will heal your wounds. " He collapsed, unable to get up on his own strength. Cao's right hand began to glow with an intense flame as he reached for his wounds, tending with care to the man in peril.

"Take the life she had. That is all I can offer you now. " He used all the flames of the Phenex one last time. He felt no pain, only a kind of warmth.

"Let us go home. The rest will be there for sure. " Cao spoke with a tired expression as he gently pressed his burning hands together and closed those wounds completely.

Devil Marchosias terminated