Interlude I: The runaway

Rush collins finally opened the vault using every last strength of his aching muscles, as soon as he opened he saw a small make-together room, illuminated by candles on a table, there was only one person hiding in that darkness, a woman an elegant red dress unbefitting of her mud and rusty hideout.

She was no kid she was for sure definitely a young adult woman but still young in her twenties. Still, she was facing him with perfect composure, the woman long black hair falling wildly and brown skin with clear sharp black eyes, her face quite youthful and round, but though she may look younger than she was her expression was a strong one. She looked at the strange tall man covered with blood with no hesitation.

As she moved her red dress ruffled, it was an elegant sleeves gown in pure bright red with a black skirt and black groves a striking attire, but not the most practical for such a location, she looked extremely out of place, never in his had Rush seen someone dressed in such an elegant attire, it almost looked like something out of a fairytale to him.

"Don't you move any closer, you hear." She raised her voice and her gloved hand, but it was the fact that a horn began to grow from her hair that stopped him, it was almost like a horn made of stone. She was definitely a demon as well.

"Hah...I can't fight anymore." He collapsed against the wall breathing heavily, the woman kept her distance looking at him with concern, it was obvious to her that all that blood on his clothes was his own.

"You killed Rigoberta? Are you here for me, if it comes to a fight I will kill you?"

"No, I don't even know who you are...I was told you were kidnapped, but im having my doubts now." She lowered her hand and stared him down without saying a word.

"The old lady, she told me you needed to escape from Villa Blanca, I don't know why but I can help you...is the least I can do for her."

"You really just killed her without even knowing who I am? How can you not know who I am?"

"Sorry, I'm new to this city."

"That is impossible, everyone in this city is born here."

"Haha, thank god I wasn't. Let's go, if you really need to get out of here, I can get you somewhere safe.

"There is nowhere safe, the cartel can find me anywhere in this city." She crossed her arms holding herself, Rush slowly forced himself to stand up again.

"Yeah, that is why I'm getting you out of this city." She looked at the ground for a moment leaning from side to side as she held her right arm.

"If she told you to get me out of here...Rigoberta must have seen something in you...but if that's the case why did you kill her? Was it for the bounty? Speak otherwise there is no way I can trust you." Rush gritted his teeth, his head was a mess but he could feel guilt raising up his throat, so he just give the only real answer he could give.

"Because I'm a demon hunter now, it was my job to kill, but if you rather help, consider it my way of rebelling, helping you is my call and mine alone."

"Sound complicated, but I don't really have any other options if you can truly take me out of this city...I will bet on that miracle."

"The name is Rush Collins a nobody from outside of town."

"I am...if you really don't know my name i'll tell it to you. My name is Alba Rosario." She closed her fist and then bowed by holding the tips of her dress.

"The heir of the Villa blanca Cartel." Finally she smiled at him, somehow Rush could tell they have come to an agreement and it was all because the of them both believed in Rigoberta as they could tell she lived honestly and with no hesitation till the end.