Interlude I Police intervention

Aisha had run to the very bottom thought expecting the darkness to continue what she found was a scene from hell itself, it was a forest within the depth of a dark room engulfed in flames with corpses burning to a crisp upon branches and grass, at its center a grand tree burned with a blue flame, it's wasn't burning down but rather slowing banishing from existence itself, She raised her gun as she walked forwards there was smoke raising everywhere but there was something else calling her, it sounded like the wailing of a woman, she tried her best to walk towards the fire till she saw at the border of the flaming tree a skeletal figure on the border of banishing, she the figure it had to be the devil her brother contractor, she covered her mouth and walked forwards towards the wailing devil.

She saw the tree breaking and a figure falling from inside it, she had no doubt it was her brother and immediately hurried towards him, the blue flames weren't burning him, but the lack of air had made him pass out, she went pale as she did her best to get him out of the tree, she could only be thankful for all the physical training she had endured as a hunter or it would have been impossible to force him out of the scorching tree, she felt her hand being burn but manage to get out of the flames, the bride floated above them and banished as if believing she should leave the rest to Aisha. She put him over her shoulder and began to walk away from the tree, she knew there had to be another exit down there, it was too risky to carry him back the same way. She looked around and finally saw a flashback at the other end behind the tree, someone was running away down a tunnel probably a survivor of the Ocassio.

''Hold on I'll get you out...'' The heat was unbearable and the burned skin on her hand was painful, but she carried her brother trying to stay away from the burning center. She was glad to have come, she needed them both to survive.

''Stop right there.'' Aisha heard steps behind her and she was immediately hit by the light of a headlight, a woman had come from the same dark corridor she had entered from, judging by her uniform she was a member of the police. A chill ran down her spine as she saw the woman pointing at her with a gun

"The man on your shoulder...I remember his face, he was the hunter back then...Dont move a muscle or I shot you!"Aisha felt confused, how did this woman know his brother...but then she remembered there had been two police who invaded the tower and her brother let one of them go..."

"I knew it, I knew you people from the tower make it inside the city, It doesn't look like you are a devil so dont even try anything you will come back with me, both of you are coming to the police station this is an order!" Aisha breathed slowly but then a branch of the tree fell making a horrible sound and the policewoman pointed at it for a moment, Aisha pulled out her gun and they both stared it into the barrel of a handgun.

"Never...I will take him out of here no matter what, we will not be separated again." Aisha flinched as Detective Eva shot a warning shot, if she had aimed at her head it would have been over already, the other woman didn't hesitate, Aisha could tell the other woman was not afraid...she was angry.

"No, enough, I knew it, He killed the people in the Korean district, he killed my partner, dont believe for a second I will let them leave this place alive, im sure of it all this hell is his fault too, if you dont come and face justice...I will it with my own hands!" The woman screamed as she prepared the trigger again. Aisha looked her in the eyes, she must be holding back from pulling the trigger, her hands almost shaking in anger...Aisha thought then...that it was true, his brother was a murderer now, but she couldn't let him behind even if it killed her.

"I will not, I know if we go with you we will never see each other again, so I will not!"

"You will not take him out of here, I will show all of them that I was right, whoever you are, you are a danger to this city!" She pulled the trigger first once more but the bullet missed, at that moment a knife was thrown at Eva's hand, Abram had recovered his consciousness and threw a knife at her, Aisha let him go and immediately ran towards the detective. Eva punched her in the face but Aisha still managed to throw her away and quickly kicked her gun out of the way aiming her gun at Eva.