Devils Diablesa and Basil IV

"Really now, I guess that's pretty bad, ok well be calling an ambulance, yeah sure I understand your concern, lets me check out with the deputy." A policeman was done receiving a call he wasn't too excited about it as he looked at the deputy who was a woman much younger than he was.

"Ms.Eva someone threw a piano in the middle of town, we got some injured people and everyone is going into a panic saying it has to be a demon."

"Well, normal people can't just throw pianos like that, anything else."

"It seems to be happening in Ocassio Kafe they also mentioned there is some sort of fog surrounding the place." Evas wide went as she stood up.

"Inform the chief im heading immediately I want as much backup as you can get." She raised from her desk and when to pick up her coat.

"Are you sure I don't think you should be moving people like that without the chief's permission?"

"I will apologize later if I have but we need to move there immediately, Im heading out first." The policeman sighed he wasn't expecting much more than just some scouting.

What a weird lady he said as he reached to make another call to the chief of police.

***

"Tell me then assassin was you sent by Mr.Louise or are you a mere killer of the families, who feared me enough to send you here? " Mr.Ocassio stood with his cane in front of him as he look up at Abram with a serious expression.

"Can't say im under a contract." Abram said without showing any fear, the armed guards all pointed upwards towards him, but it looked like none of them will shot without their bosses say."

"I figure as much no one would send an assassin without a devil's contract, but I still needed to try if you will not say any names you are better off death."Ocassio raised his hand

"The only I can tell you is that I came here to kill you of my own will."He stopped as Abram spoke.

"Have you? Tell me then, do you want my power? What reason have you to die here."

"I only wanted to kill, you because you are a devil that's all."

"Nonsense, there is no point to speak with an ignorant urchin." Abram looked at his target with disdain as the fog below him flew upwards into the form of the demonic bride, Ocassio gave the signal to fire.

The Claws of the bride cut off the vines clean with a single swipe, Abram fell down and as he crashed on the ground a wave of mist surrounded him and expanded in every direction, Ocassio covered his face as the mist sweep over him like a wave, the bride followed him disappearing into mist as well.

"Keep track of each other, he is trying to banish into the mist, hunt the dog down." Ocassio grabbed his cane with both hands and released the handle showing a long sharp blade inside it. The guards began to search around him with their handlamps, the mist had crept higher making the foliage disappear inside it.

Abram was moving with care to the side, he had turned invisible again, but the vines all over the floor were swinging feeling that there was prey near them, the tree couldn't see him but it had so many limbs it was bound to find it soon, he had no time to wait for a perfect opening he had to move immediately.

He went after one of the guard's backs and quickly reached for his neck with the dagger it was quick and easy, but the other guard immediately noticed and opened fire. He let the devil bride fly forward to receive the bullets as a shield as he vanished by running again, but the guards weren't the only ones following, below him the long vines of the tree had already surrounded him and stretched in his direction. Abram cutted one of them and began to walk back to evade the rest they were swinging wildly unable to find him but there were too many of them to evade them. With his retreat cutted he ran forward where the two other guards were in front of Ocassio he remained serene. The guards opened fire again, Abram ducked to the ground but was grabbed by a vine, it immediately penetrated his skin like a stinger and in a panic he had to cut it off with the dagger, not without dropping blood, these roots were tracking his blood.

He got up and was shot again in the shoulder, there was no place to hide as the vines were all moving through the floor like snakes to the single drop of blood that had fallen to the ground. He knew that hiding was not an option and ran forward the forgotten bride taking for behind him as it shielded him with its claws. He still got shot and leaned back but he threw a knife straight at one of the guard's heads making him, fall he bared the pain and broke the distance letting the bride swing her claw at the other guard and throwing him with great strength like a ragdoll, he raise his dagger and stopped as he saw Ocassio reach forward. His blade was quite long and he pierced his neck, Abram only barely manage to deflect it with his dagger before the long blade of his cane reached through his neck.

"I will not fear a mere assassin Im the man who will face this city!" Ocassio marched onwards retreating his blade and quickly aiming again at his chest with an elegant fencing posture compared to that Abram had little reach and he had to retreat and let the bride raise her claws against him, he looked at the demonic skeleton with disdain.

But he did not retreat, before the claws reached him, the vines lifted from above the curtain of leaves and grabbed both of her arms, Abram understood that he had direct control of the tree, and the bride struggled as the vines encroached both of her arms with great strength twisting around its shape like tentacles and forcing it down. Abram knew he had to finish him, to kill a tree of that size was impossible murdering its owner was the only way forward.

"You think you have any right to get on my way, after all, I have done for this city?" His blade aimed straight at his neck again and Abram kicked him away to be able to barely evade it, almost having his eye pierced.

"I can see it alright, all the bloody corpses hanging here, that's the only prove I need that you are just another devil!"Abram grabbed his arm and tried to stab him in his heart, but his hand was stuck by a vine grabbing and twisting his arm back.

"Hahaha, naive these men were the foundation of our future, without sacrifices this city will devour you let me show you how this time welcome fools!"Ocassio punched him in the face and kicked him back to free his blade and quickly rushed him again. Abram put his hand over his head and the tip of the blade went through his gloved hand, he could see the tip almost reaching his eye.

"I will feed you to Basil, you can be of use as a foundation for our future!" The vines finally reached Abraham and grabbed his arms and legs, the massive face on the wooden tree opened its mouth, Abram knew even the Bride has been immobilized there was no beating the vines with strength alone if so he only had one more idea on my mind.

"Shut up you are no one special, every with a demon thinks so but it is all but a lie!" Abram crushed the vines on his right wrist to let him grab the blade that was piercing him and he quickly used his dagger to pierce Ocassio on his neck, the two of them were stuck in that position as the vines dragged Abram off his feet they also lifted Ocassio and they both were entangled and dragged toward the mouth of the tree and where devoured by a single gulp, the spectral bride disappeared as well as the dark below went into silence.