Epilogue III Devil Eligor

The inspector walked down the underground hall, now enlightened by multiple spotlights on the walls. Even so, visibility was hard and the entirety of the room had fallen under the veil of mist. He remained still and calm, the long blade of his visible hand cracking the floor as he dragged it forward. Inspector Franklin waited, his cigar slowly breaking down in his mouth.

''Demon hunters eh? What could any of you have to gain? Demons cannot die, they are the only thing truly eternal in this tired old world. Talk about a pointless fight you are having  boy.''

''Sorry old man, but I'm sure of it now, there is nothing eternal in this world.''

''You know, that honestly sounds really nice. Nothing should be eternal. Hey, how about if we just walk away from this one, one last chance,  mystery man, I don't want to get into any risky fights before my retirement. I waited too long to see it. " He looked at Abram with a sad look.

''If I let you go out of here, we will have to hunt you again later I  rather do it  now while you are still alone, beside you closed the way out yourself.'' The inspector looked back at the broken-down entrance.

''Well, I didn't think that one out... I'm really angry now. You almost hit my partner with a knife and all. She may be obnoxious, but she is still my partner.'' The sound of a gunshot broke their conversation. Franklin flinched as he was shot in the back with a gunshot. He raised his blade, bearing the pain and moving forward, truly a man possessed.

''Right behind me...eh?'' He ran with great speed, raising the massive blade that grew from his arm, splitting his skin. He swung it cutting the mist with his force, Abram ducked out of the way by a hair, even if his enemy couldn't really see it. The arc of the blade covered with every swing was massive. Abram opened fire again with a pistol in his left hand and his dagger in his right hand. The inspector moved through the mist, evading his shot.

''Arrgg it really hurts, but my body still remembers how to kill monsters.''' Abram positioned himself behind him and aimed again towards the inspector's head. The figure of a massive skeleton began to take form in the mist. It reached its hand down towards the old man, but without even a slight show of emotion, he swung his blade, crashing it to the ground with such force that the floor cracked. The skeletal demon moaned that its arms had been ripped clean and it quickly returned into the fog.

''Pft, I've seen worse.'' He turned back and with a quick step forward launched himself, with the place like a lance straight towards Abram he shot him only managing to blow the hat off his head. Abram panicked and ran to the side, his arm was still hit, it was only a slight touch, but he was already bleeding a second later and it could have cut all the way to his bone.

''I can't see you, but now I can just follow the trail of blood." Franklin shook the blood from his blade and looked back at the sound of blood dripping at his side, it would heal fast he was a demon after all, but the old man smiled it was more than enough time.

Abram was on his knees, he could tell, that the blade was good enough to cut his limbs on touch. Even though he could not heal them off, the imposing figure of the inspector was trembling. He was breathing with difficulty and there was blood all over his green trenchcoat. He still took a bullet straight on after all.

''I'm glad I didn't have to fight you when you were young. No point in hiding just finish this here and now.''Abram appeared within the fog, he dropped his gun so he could use his dagger on his good arm.

''You are still just a brat, I guess Im glad I got to cut you down, in a few years you could be really dangerous.'' Franklin spitted his cigar to the ground and raised his blade like a lance once more. They both knew if they wanted to survive they had to end the battle in a single move.

'''Tell me, something kid, why do you choose to have a demon and do something as stupid as killing for a living?''

''Why did you? Are all the cops in the city, demons? What sort of hell is your city?''

''Hell...haha, is just like any other city a merciless place, that cares little for those that can't keep up, but it is still my city and It doesn't need any more killers on it, we have enough. as to why I have a demon, I guess It was because I was too scared to be left behind, I wanted a safer life. I never got it thought.''

''....I see I guess I guess we did it for the same reason. Abram sighed as he egged him on with his dagger to attack him.'' It was quick.

Franklin cut the distance aiming with his lance towards Abrams's chest, he screamed with desperation, but he covered his eyes and the spectral skeleton appeared again, the lance pierced through breaking its image to pieces, but as he did from below him. Abram grabbed his arm with his weak wounded arm ann pressed his dagger right through his heart, he had hidden below the veil of the bride, letting her take the hit for him.

''I have gotten so slow...."Franklin was bleeding from his mouth, and his body was quickly breaking down now. They held each other still, trying to wrestle their way out. Due to how long the lance was, with Abram holding his shoulder like that, there was not enough space for him to move it anymore. It was a terrible weapon the lance of Eligor, but in close quarters, not so much. That was where Abram truly excelled.

''Stop while you can, kid...If you keep like this the city will have their eyes on you....The wrath of the city...of hell is unbelievable...it will not scorch you, but everyone you know and those who know you...I ve seen it enough times...''

''That is fine, no one knows me.'' The inspector fell down and his arm began to burn in a green flame.'' Abram grabbed his arm he looked back at the ruined hall, there was no way to pursue that woman, and honestly, he didn't wish to.

''You were a strange old man, Im sure you didn't deserve to die, but you still agreed to it when you became a demon, we all are already cursed, so don't feel that bad, that is just how it goes.'' Abram took his badge and walked back into the depths of the labyrinth still bleeding, his expression one of utter tiredness as he thought of his regrets.