Interlude II The inner circle in strife

"Put up some music will ya love, We have a long day of work ahead"

"Sure thing Mr.Louise." A woman wearing a dark green suit stepped to the corner of a dark room, She was hardly the only one there, rows and rows of desks were put together as people frenetically moved documents endlessly, the constant ringing of phones and a radio kept on the air none the less the woman headed to an old phonograph and put a record to play, it was a mellow classical song, a relic that could be hard to ever be found on the city with ease, music from the times before.

"Alright then, it's been a day since Kafe Ocassio closed permanently, No one is going to stay with their arms crossed, early raiser catches the worm I say."At the end of the room, there was a desk with a huge brown chair, the man who sat there was smoking one cigar after another while looking at a wall with a map of the city. He had his back turned to the map so the rest of the people in the room could see him, only his arm raising his cigar as smoked mixed in the closed room, his voice was loud and reverating, but with a jolly tone, so all in the office could hear him."

"Mr.Louise we just received a call, A small group of triad men are walking in the middle of the market district, They are armed one of them is a devil." A man walked close to him with a pack of documents.

"A devil huh? Which one?" Mr.Louise asked him without moving from his spot, but the other man wasn't bothered by that.

"Taotie Sir, It is almost inevitable he will try to take the district by force, The police are currently absent for some reason, we are still looking into it."

"Huh, well that's concerning, I did hear rumour the chief drove out of headquarters in the morning, but no worries I had a feeling this was gonna happen, so I made a call of my own in the morning...Tell the boy to track our uninvited guest and keep me posted."

"Sure thing Sir." The president of the information agency took one more smoke as he looked at the market district on his map.

"let's see if you can still be trusted, Mr.Nishiyama."

***

The night had fallen in the market district, but the atmosphere had never been this tense, the people here were used to seeing people from the families in their districts, but not like today, and one thing was in every person mind, the Ocassio family was no more, there was no one to pay protection too, but also no one to protect their business anymore.

"Alright, now then we heard you all having a hard time lately, so before you have to deal with any thieves we are here to make things right, Believe me, the protection fee is gonna step but unlike the death occasion group we are real professional, these streets aren't gonna be the same anymore, we worth the coin friends." A man had walked to the front of a small food vendor. He was a slim and very tall man with a sharp and bulked look, he had a red suit with a traditional white tangzhuang open jacket and a long spear over his shoulder. It was strange enough to see a spear like that, but this one had at the edge of the blade what seemed to be an eye engraved on it and it clearly was staring at the shop owner. He had a small shaved bear and a very long black hard braided in a ponytail, his black eyes had a youthful Vigo and his smile showed his joy at seeing the old man cowl in front of him.

"Sir I...we can't just.."

"Nothing, we are here to help, if no one is protecting this place it will be ransacked by devils in the morning you've seen a single cop around here they ain't gonna fight a devil to protect some poor soup and bread stand, really you call this food, inner city folk may as well just be eating mud." The tall man grabbed a bowl of soup and threw it to the restaurant's owner's face he screamed as the soup was still hot, but he was unable to step away from the man as he grabbed him over the shoulder and leaned over him.