Interlude IV Police Chief

¨'ll be damned it quite the conspiracy you uncovered here chief, assailants from beyond the walls coming out of that wretched tower, I suppose we were going to have to deal with that tower eventually the outskirts have changed since it raised."Bruhinlda high director of the Devil Corps welcomed both the police chief and vice chief Miles who stood in the middle of the red carpet.

"No doubt about it and there is no ignoring this, the death of Mr.Ocassio in his café is already on the papers, our patrols are on full alert but there has been so much family interference this last few days, considering what these assassins already archived they must have a way into the city and plenty of support as well, probably from Louise but that's just me guessing." The police chief smiled with a careless shrugging off her shoulders, the taller blond woman stared at her with a stone-cold expression.

"Be it as it may, your second request is still a risky move, you want to move to the tower yourself, really I feel we dont know enough about these people to gauge the risk involved."

"In all fairness, we at least know they have three devils, we've yet to see them bringing anymore than that, Odds are if they are all outsiders they have no easy access to devils in the first place, that's why they play on the shadows a frontal assault is more than they can handle one of our people came back from the tower and she was a mere human." Miles stared down at the child he easily towered over everyone in the room with his inhumane features.

"Calm down up there alright, I get it, I dont consider it a threat important enough to move the anti-devil corps either, it will also be a bad move if we make it public that there is a breach into the city, I understand for the police to wrap this quietly would be in our best interest, but you will be going there yourself right chief Rogers? Is that not unwise, if things go south almost the entirety of the police department will be wiped out."

"I have too, My last demand is a position within the antidevil corps, I believe clearing this situation with my own hands will more than qualify me for the post." Brunhilda laughed loudly with a loud rowdy laugh.

"Quite, quite im glad to see you have yet to lose your fighting spirit at your age, True if you can handle the situation it will be a joy to have you at the highter district and I suppose your right-hand man standing here will become your new chief eh? Quite a move using this terrorist as a sacrifice I dont mind anything less would not be to my liking."

"Thank you kindly Ma'am I have waited decades for an opportunity like this, I think it about time I prove that the police department of Argia fears not mere devils, every devil outside the city will be rounded up and brought to the corps death or alive and the citizen will just to live their peaceful live with that eye sore of a tower gone, there is no risk to you at all." Chief Roodgers spoke proudly as she closed her fist over the insignia on the breast of her white uniform.

"It looks like you are not even considering that you could lose, that you could die. Is that not a bit naive for a woman your age, If you fail it will be up to us to clean up after you, we will have no choice but to make a public statement on why the police department rankers all died outside our walls." A woman interrupted them, standing near the wall Lorelei stood she had been quietly listening till now, the chief side-eyed the pretty young woman with suspicion and smiled again.

"That is fine to risk our neck is just part of the job, It was such for Mr.Frankli who investigated the tower it is only fair that I finish the job in his place, I have my pride chief prosecutor Lorelei. Besides you guys know we can't lose time Things are still fine but unless we get another human traffic ring in the outskirts our peaceful beautiful state of being will end, the families are starting to starve after all."

"My, my true, in part I was a bit careless I gave the devils to the worms and the snakes and felt that replacing their leaders would have been easy, but alas I never expected a greater power to consume the outskirts outside is likely this assassin may not be open to negotiation."

"They call themselves hunters...we believe they intend to simply kill any devil in the city."

"Hahaha is that a joke, Please that can't be their motive it sounds childish real, They must be hiding something else, maybe replacing one of the families, not that such a feat would be any less crazy for some mere foreigners." Brunhilda cracked her knuckles almost as if she was ready to stand up.

"You know what This is getting me excited too, Chief Rogers come back in victory and I will give you a place on the higher districts, I like humans with the gall of a devil more than anything haha. All fine on your side Lorelei." She stared at her sister in the corner of the room.

"All is fine by me, as long as everything returns to how it should be." She smiled at them but stared at the chief as if measuring her on the spot.

"If she fails thought, just know that the inner circle police will be disbanded Hopefully the people there can take of themselves till we arrange something else, but im sure that would never happen not with a woman of your caliber on the scene, goodspeed chief." Lorelei smiled at her with her gentlest of smiles.

"Well I won't make you ladies wait until the end of the week, the case of the hunters will be closed that is a promise of us, the eyes of the city."

"Well then Chief, im excited to see it too if the gift our city gave you will get the job done. Let us meet again Rogers." Brunhilda stood up and reached with her hand as the two directors shook hands.

"No worries, I'll show them to truly fear our city."