FRIEND

serenity "renny" rivera

july 19, 2017

"let's go somewhere." i said as i plopped down on ski's bed, where he was sitting up and drinking a smoothie.

he glanced at me, pointing the smoothie towards me, which i took a sip of, as he spoke. "where, with who?"

"just us, and anywhere," i said as i swallowed the smoothie, then scrunched my face up. "that was nasty."

he rolled his eyes at me, continuing to sip and getting up from the bed. "you wanna get some food and chill out somewhere?"

i nodded my head, watching him grab a pair of sneakers from his closet and walk towards the door, and he spoke up. "let's go."

i jumped off the bed and followed after him, sending a harsh slap to his ass as he walked in front of me, making him wince and pout. "renny! that hurted."

i laughed loudly, tugging his arm and leading him to follow me upstairs and into my room, and as we got in, i walked into the closet to find something to wear, making him speak up. "you came to me asking to go somewhere and you're not even ready?"

"i had to know if you'd say yes or just wanna sit on your fat ass all day first," i said flatly, making him smack his lips and walk into the closet with me, where i pulled up a cropped black tank top and a short sleeved plain black shirt. "which?"

he glanced at them, furrowing his eyebrows a bit before he looked past me and then reached over and pulled down an olive green shirt that was hanging. "this one."

i pressed my lips together, unsure about wearing color, and he threw it at me and crossed his arms. "don't make that face. you need some color in your life, girl."

i rolled my eyes, but took the shirt and looked at it intently. "jahseh says the same thing."

he took a seat on the little bench in the middle of the closet and sipped his smoothie some more. "he got that, didn't he?"

"of course he did," i said with a soft laugh, twirling one of my curls around my finger. "anything in this closet that has color, he got."

ski was quiet for a few moments before he put the empty smoothie cup down and replied. "you'd look nice in that, it'd suit your eyes."

i gave a small smile and nodded, putting the shirt down on the bench beside him and grabbing my black ripped denim shirts. "okay now get out so i can get dressed."

he rolled his eyes dramatically and put his hands up in surrender, grabbing his smoothie cup and walking out as he spoke. "i'll meet you downstairs, hurry up fatass."

"fuck off." i chuckled, as he shut the door and i stripped out of my clothes and into my new ones quickly, then grabbed a pair of crocs and walked out of the closet.

i sprayed some water into my hair and ran my fingers through it gently, then sprayed some perfume and grabbed my phone and a few $20 bills from my wallet, stuffing them in my phone case and heading downstairs.

as i met ski by the door, we walked out, the rest of the guys in the house playing with tasers once again and crying out in pain every time they got tased, making me chuckle a bit as i walked out behind him and shut the door.

we got into the car and i groaned at the feeling of the car being extra hot, while ski started the ignition and the air conditioners blew hot air on me. "it's so damn hot."

"it's july." he replied smartly, making me glare over at him and roll my eyes.

"and it's hot."

he backed out of the driveway, then immediately stopped harshly, gasped, and screamed. "SERENITY!"

i jumped at the sudden shout and glanced at him quickly, my heart racing, and he chuckled and reached for his seatbelt, speaking in a soft voice. "can't forget our seatbelts."

"stokeley what the fuck?" i said, smacking him on the chest, making him laugh loudly, and i huffed and crossed my arms after i buckled in my seatbelt.

i kept my arms crossed and looked out the window as he drove out of the neighborhood, though he immediately gently pushed my arm and laughed. "you mad at me now?"

"shut up." i said, making him sigh quietly and drive slowly, heading downtown and humming along to the music that played.

i couldn't stay mad for long, because soon we were in the drive thru of chick fil a, and a smile crawled onto my face as i sat up and uncrossed my arms, earning a scoff from ski. "yeah, now your fat ass is smiling."

i glanced sideways at him. "you should be the last one talking about fat."

he bit his lip and stifled a laugh, but didn't say anything else on the subject, instead giving our order to the drive thru person and then collecting it when ready, and parking into the driveway.

we both unbuckled and sat back to eat, listening to the music while we stuffed our faces as much and as quickly as we could, a bad habit we both had. it only took a few minutes for our food to be finished, and we began washing the meals down with our drinks, before we both glanced at each other and made eye contact, then burst into laughter.

"you just like me, sis." ski said as he chuckled, and i wiped a tear from laughing too hard.

"twin shit."

he continued to sip on his drink for a second before he spoke. "you and jah?"

i glanced over at him with a short smile and shrugged. "i don't know what we are, if i'm being honest."

"well, do you like him?" he asked as he put his drink down, making me exhale quietly and look down at my drink.

"like? i love him."

he pulled my drink out of my hand and started drinking it, making me glance at him. "nigga, do you ever get tired of drinking something all the time?"

"nope," he said, sticking his tongue out at me, before he straightened up. "i think you should figure shit out with jah and give something a chance."

i pressed my lips together and looked out the window for a moment. "where's this coming from?"

"my big fat gut." he replied, which made us both start to laugh.

silence fell between us for a second again before i got serious and replied. "i would, but he said he's scared, and i don't think he's ready to settle down yet."

ski glanced over at me for a second, i could feel his eyes on me even though i wasn't looking at him, and he held my face and turned it towards him, staring me deep in the eyes for a long moment before he let go of my face and spoke.

"yes he is. don't be fooled, that boy really loves you and wants you."

i would've said more, asked if he'd spoken to jahseh and what else he knew, but he sat up and buckled his seatbelt in, then turned the music up, put the car in drive, and glanced at me- motioning for me to put my seatbelt on, which i did- and i could tell that meant this conversation was now over.

the ride back home was a quiet one, besides the music, though it was comfortable and easy rather than tense, and as we got back to the house i exhaled gently and spoke before he could get out the car.

"thanks for taking me out and talking to me, ski."

he chuckled and shook his head, ruffling my hair and making a mess of it. "no worries, best friend."

~
y'all pls do NOT make shit weird they rlly just friends 🙄

only one update today i have writers block 💔