ACTIONS

serenity "renny" rivera

may 18, 2017

when we pulled apart, i heard nothing but complaints and shouts from ren and serenity. yet i didn't care, for once, what either of them had to say or think of it, because in that moment i wouldn't have wanted it any other way, and the joy it brought me, just being able to share one moment with him, was irreplaceable.

i looked up at him, my eyes still tired, red and puffy and my face still tear stained, and he cracked a smile before he looked away from me. "don't look at me like that, you gone make me cry."

i giggled, putting my head down and listening to the ongoing argument between serenity and ren, at the moment, but i'd barely heard the first couple words before jahseh caught my attention again.

he stood up, standing in front of me and tilting my chin to look up at him, to which i did, and he stared deep into my eyes, so much so that i felt he could see into my soul or read my mind, just with his eyes.

i darted my eyes away, but he only tilted my head again, as if a way of telling me that he wanted me to look into his eyes, and i wasn't allowed to look away from him.

i looked into his eyes, which were cold and dark, yet warm and soft all at the same time, if that's even possible, while his stared into mine and seemed to be searching for something, which made both myself and my thoughts and secrets feel as if they had to hide, because they were being looked for.

he finally spoke up, letting his hold on my chin drop as he did so. "you're beautiful, re- hope."

i felt my cheeks burn up, and i looked down as i replied. "thank you."

"you're beautiful, but i don't wanna see you again, cause i don't wanna see you sad anymore. if there was some way i could see you that didn't have to be like this i'd be happy but.."

his trail off made me sigh before gently tugging on his chain, because he had no shirt on, and signaling for him to lower down to me again, which he did, and i connected our lips gently and heartily.

my time was running out, and i could feel myself starting to space out as personalities shifted again, which was something i couldn't fight for long, but i had to say goodbye to him somehow.

we pulled apart slowly and carefully, and i couldn't fight myself gently caressing his face, almost as if getting one last touch of him before i shut my eyes and shuddered as a chill went up my spine, breeding the feeling that i truly hated.

it felt as if my entire soul was leaving my body, and it left the hairs on my skin standing and goose bumps all along my skin, before i was back in my normal, default form, and i shuddered once more at the feeling that'd just passed.

when i glanced up, jahseh was just staring at me, which made me look at him blankly before sighing and standing up, pulling him by the hand with me as i got to the door, opened it, and walked out of the room.

he seemed to carry along like a rag doll, which was entertaining to me, although he was heavy and it was actually more of a workout than a fun carry along, even though he wasn't fighting whatsoever.

i walked us into the bathroom, eyeing the halls of the house to make sure nobody was watching before i shut the door, pinned him against it and spoke.

"you cannot speak of that to anyone, ever."

he seemed a bit surprised, his eyebrows perked up and his lips pursing a bit, before he spoke. "you remember?"

i let out a tired sigh, nodding my head and then dropping it, which brought my attention to my hand that was still pressed against his chest, which i moved before i answered him.

"yeah, i can only remember when hope comes out. if ren comes out it's never good, and i don't remember anything."

he seemed like he had more questions about my specific statement, but he held his tongue and only nodded, before speaking up again. "can we at least talk about what just happened?"

i looked at him, and i'd hoped a bit that he wouldn't want to speak of it, only because i didn't want to come to terms with that i'd done or with what i felt, but i nodded my head as i covered the toilet and sat on its seat, looking up at him.

"do you feel the same about me as hope does?"

i raised an eyebrow, though my face never lifted a muscle in expression to give any emotion, before i spoke. "hope never said how she felt about you."

"but she acted on it, and actions speak louder than words." he replied, and i bit my tongue, knowing he was right.

"that is correct, they do," i agreed quietly, picking at the plastic leaves on the fake plant on the floor beside me. "but that doesn't even matter. i have bigger problems to deal with right now, don't i?"

he smacked his lips, giving me a look. "fuck that nigga, i'll talk to him."

i shook my head frantically. "no, don't do anything. please. i don't want anyone to get involved in this."

he clenched his jaw, exhaling gently before he spoke. "so hope knows you're being stupid but you don't?"

i looked up at him and lazily crossed my arms, digging my nails into them on each side. "that wasn't very nice of you."

"i don't care." he said harshly, lifting his body off the door as it'd been leaning on it, and i sighed.

"i'm not being stupid, i can hold my own. i'll sort shit out with him. don't even worry about it, okay?" i said, though it felt like i was trying to convince myself this more than him.

he only glanced at me for a moment, before he shook his head and moved off of the door, opening it and walking out wordlessly, not even looking back at me as he left me there.

~
i really don't know how to end chapters anymore