HOPE

serenity "renny" rivera

may 11, 2017

"do you ever stop?" i groaned, harshly pushing him off of me.

he grabbed my wrists tightly, staring at me frustratedly. "don't be putting your hands on me, renny."

"don't put your hands on me, robb. i'm sick of this shit. get the fuck off of me." i shouted, once again shoving him away and walking away from him, out of the kitchen.

from somewhere in the living room, a male voice spoke, "y'all always arguing, damn." to which another agreed, and someone else laughed as they said "like husband and wife."

"shut the fuck up, please." i shouted through the house, before going up the stairs and into my room, where i didn't even get to shut the door before robb pushed himself in.

he shut the door behind him, shoving me harshly, making me fall onto the bed. "you got like ten seconds to apologize to me."

"i'm not fucking apologizing to you." i said flatly.

he didn't even say anything, instead just extended his hand and harshly backhanded me in the face, making me immediately get up and send a fist to his face, and then another, making him grab my wrists and shout at me.

"fucking stop."

i snatched my wrists free from his hold and stared up at him angrily. "you're the one who had the fucking nerve to hit me, it don't fucking feel good when it's you, huh?" i snapped, making him glare at me.

"you gone regret ever playing with me, shawty. promise."

...

serenity "renny" rivera

may 18, 2017

i hiccuped through my sobs while my shoulders and chest heaved, struggling to even breathe in the midst of all of my tears, only for a knock to sound at the door, making me go silent as if on command.

i didn't respond, mainly because i knew it'd be impossible to mask the sound of my broken, hurting voice, and i didn't feel like prompting whomever was at the door to enter.

i glanced at the lock, which was turned, meaning the door was locked shut and i didn't have to worry about anyone entering, and i attempted to rub my face dry of tears, though they just seemed to keep coming.

the door opened, making my head shoot up in alarm, and then duck back down to hide my face, though it was too late, and i could see jahseh's figure standing there, almost as if he didn't know whether to back out or approach me.

i decided to speak up, because the awkward silence was starting to bother me. "i thought i locked the door."

he cleared his throat, shutting the door behind him and shaking his head. "the locks in here don't work, i don't like locked doors."

"oh."

he sucked in air awkwardly, before approaching me slowly and sitting beside me, though he kept a distance between us, almost as if he was scared to get close to me, which only made me more upset.

"you're a freak, he doesn't even wanna come near you." ren snarled, making me wince and hiccup once more.

"shut up." i said lowly, which made jahseh shift in confusion, being that he hadn't spoken.

"what?" he said, and i sighed in resignation before i responded.

"not you."

he was quiet, though ren wasn't, and she continued to send harsh comments and angry remarks to me, and because i'm so sensitive, it only prompted tears to start streaming down my face.

"ren, leave her alone. have you ever considered that maybe you're the freak?" serenity retorted, and i sighed, just wanting silence in my head rather than an argument between both other personalities.

"did you take your medicine, renny?" jahseh spoke from beside me, and i sat still, biting my inner lip before i spoke.

"i'm not serenity, but no."

he inhaled shakily, before moving closer to me, which made me glance over in his direction through tear filled eyes, though he gave no response to my look of confusion and sadness.

"what's your name?" he asked softly, and it almost alarmed me to hear him speak in such a gentle voice that i'd never recognized, at least not when he was speaking to serenity.

"hope." i said quietly, and he hummed in response, before putting an arm around me, which made me flinch slightly before i relaxed into his hold.

he rubbed my arm gently and then spoke again. "what brings you out?"

my focus was directed to his hand rubbing my arm, and as i spoke i kept my eyes on the skin to skin contact. "sadness.. at least that's the only thing that's brought me out."

i felt his stare on me, but i kept my eyes on his hand on my arm, though it'd gone still now, and he gently shifted my head to face him, to which i allowed, though shyness made my cheeks burn and my face automatically turn away from him.

"is it who i think it is?" he said, which made me look over at him and give a confused look, to which he explained.

"is this because of robb?"

i looked away from him, my eyes watering as if on cue, and shook my head, though it was a weak shake that was easy to tell wasn't telling the truth, and he took in a shaky breath, making me immediately burst into tears, because i knew he was disappointed.

"are you mad at me?" i innocently asked between sniffles, and he sighed before pulling me in closer and laying his head on of mine.

"i don't think i could ever be," he asked softly, and i glanced up at him with sad eyes. "i'm not mad, i'm upset for you, cause i wish you listened to begin with."

i rubbed my eyes, nodding my head and sniffling, before i spoke quietly. "i'm sorry. i should've. but he won't leave me alone and he keeps-"

i cut myself off, not even wanting to say what was about to spill out of my mouth, and there was silence, before he sighed and cupped my face very quickly and roughly, and just as quick, smashed his lips onto mine, making me freeze in surprise for a moment before, just as quickly as everything else was happening between us, i found myself returning the kiss, just as passionately.

and while it was a feeling that i knew was wrong, but felt so right, i didn't feel any guilt or doubts for going after it, either.

~
reminder she has multiple personalities