RAMEN

serenity "renny" rivera

april 2, 2017

i rolled over in my bed, groaning at the sound of everyone being loud already, and glanced around the room before laying my head back down and yawning quietly, shutting my eyes once more and tuning out the loud voices.

of course, i had barely begun to doze off when the door to my room opened, making me open my eyes and glance at who'd entered the room, only to see x walking in casually with a large box in his hands, and walking into the walk-in closet wordlessly.

i watched him, though i didn't move or speak, and he spent a few seconds in there, where i couldn't see what he was doing, until he came out from the closet (pause) and glanced at me, before speaking.

"don't touch that shit."

i only stared at him, and he walked out of the room, tempting me to get up and go see what was in the box, and touch it, just because i like to do the exact opposite of what i'm told, always.

i sat up in the bed, staring at the closet, though i still couldn't see where he'd placed the box, and i sighed before deciding to listen for once, and getting out of bed before heading towards the bathroom to clean up.

i leaned on the sink of the bathroom, yawning once more before running the water and starting to brush my teeth, staring at my dull and tired face in the mirror, only to have the bathroom door open and make me glance over at the door blankly.

i continued on brushing my teeth, glancing at x walking into the bathroom and sitting on the closed toilet seat, before resuming my stare in the mirror while i brushed my teeth casually, and as he watched.

typically, any other girl would've been creeped out or concerned, but i was more then used to being stared at while doing any and everything by creeps in the asylum, and i couldn't be bothered to bring myself to even ask him why he was here or what he was doing.

i finished brushing my teeth, rinsing my mouth and then using some mouthwash before turning and facing jahseh, staring him down just the same as he did me, with the same mean, cold face he kept, and arms crossed.

"can i help you?" he finally spoke up, making me blink at him slowly, trying to comprehend the fact that he entered the bathroom while i was in it, just to question me.

"get out." i said flatly, making him crack a smile and laugh, ducking his head down, and then get up from the toilet seat.

he pat my head, making me stare up at him blankly, before he spoke. "you have nice eyes."

i stared my light hazel eyes into his brown orbs, observing their rich color before backing away from his touch on my head and pulling his hand down and replying to him. "ok."

he looked down at our hand hold, making me let go of his hand and open the door of the bathroom, before pushing him out, which was harder than imagined, being that he was definitely heavier and stronger than appeared, and shutting the door behind him.

while he, admittedly, was quite weird, i couldn't complain or say it wasn't the weirdest thing i'd experienced, especially not after spending a year in a psych ward with actual psychopaths, so i did nothing but brush him and his actions off, before turning the knob in the shower and letting the water run.

i made sure to lock the door, this time, before i stripped myself of my clothes and stepped into the hot shower, feeling the hot water against my skin and sighing out, before ducking my head under the water and feeling my hair weigh down with the water.

i shut the eyes, enjoying the feeling of the water flowing down my body while i stood in the darkness of my mind, until after a few minutes, opening my eyes and grabbing the soap, starting to wash myself up.

i lathered the soap all over my body, humming quietly as the bathroom grew steamy from the hot water, and the noise of everyone downstairs still boomed throughout the house, though it was muffled now between both the walls and the water running.

after i was all clean, and had spent my fair amount of time simply standing under the running water and contemplating life, i shut off the water and stepped out of the shower, sighing as i wrapped a towel around me and tied up my wet hair.

i picked up my worn clothes, before unlocking the bathroom door and walking out, back into my room and shutting that door behind me, and gathered some clean clothes and got myself moisturized and dressed.

i dressed myself in a pair of grey jersey shorts and a black shirt, before taking my hair down and glancing at myself in the mirror, glaring at my wet curls that looked like ramen noodles through the mirror before shaking my head and exiting the room.

i made my way downstairs and across the house, to the kitchen where the noise resonated the loudest, and i walked in, seeing just about everyone inside, seated at the island or on top of counters, before all the attention was directed to me.

"wassup renny?" isaiah spoke, before taking a drag from his blunt, and i would've made a comment about him smoking so early in the day, but i decided to mind my business.

i waved, leaning against the fridge while everyone equally shared their hellos with me before resuming their conversations, and then stood up and opened the fridge, glancing in before pulling out a container of ihop, which i opened and looked at to see steak and eggs, before i turned to isaiah.

"who's is this?" i asked quietly, my hoarse voice rumbling, to which he looked at me and shook his head before taking a drag out of his blunt.

"x's."

i looked at the food, and then at isaiah, before shrugging my shoulders and putting it to warm up, with no care in the world if the food belonged to x or not, because the answer to my question wouldn't have changed my action anyway.

"oh well." i mumbled.

~
i promise in like 3 or 4 chapters it'll become noticeable different from the first book 🙌🏽