ROOM

serenity "renny" rivera

june 6, 2017

"you've never left florida?" jahseh asked, looking surprised, and i shook my head, continuing to stare at the houses and buildings we drove past, in the security van that'd been waiting for us at the airport.

"no.. this shits nice." i said lowly, before turning my gaze to jahseh as he sat beside me.

the van was large, and the two of us sat in the very back, while everyone else did their own thing in their own seats, not paying us any mind, and the both of us wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

everyone was here, which included robb, but it seemed that him and isaiah made amends and fixed the terms they were on, because they were talking to each other and around each other as usual, as was everyone else.

everyone but jahseh, and it seemed like he didn't want robb with us, but the tickets had been purchased already, shows booked and plans made, and he knew it wasn't worth any drama or unnecessary attention to kick robb from the trip.

i didn't mind, quite honestly, and so far he hadn't spoken, or done so little as looked at, me, and seemed to have full intention of keeping it that way, which was all that i needed.

there wasn't any awkward energy or tension around us, seemingly because he genuinely didn't care whatsoever, and i refused to let waste any energy on caring either, let alone making it visible that i did.

we turned into a nice neighborhood, and it almost gave me deja vu from my initial entry into jahseh's neighborhood months ago, and i glanced at the large houses before i turned to jahseh once more and raised an eyebrow.

"you have a house here?"

he seemed amused by my curiosity and awe, and he chuckled before he shook his head. "nah, i booked an air bnb."

i nodded my head, watching as we pulled into the driveway of a large house that wasn't nearly as big as the mansion we called home, but was definitely not shy of being spacious.

the doors to the van slid open just as soon as we stopped, with everyone jumping out and letting out screams and shouts, making me shake my head and reminding me why people from florida don't leave florida.

"y'all ghetto." i mumbled, getting out and glancing around the property, to which someone playfully hit my head and responded.

"be quiet."

i turned my head slowly, because i knew i wasn't good crazy, and i knew it wasn't who i thought it was who'd spoken, but when i turned around i was, in fact, faced with robb, who had a smile on his face.

i raised an eyebrow at him, before returning to my default expression and slapping him on the arm in return for hitting my head, to which he only laughed and went on with everyone else to go into the house and check it out.

i expected at least one person to have seen this, no matter how minimal and simple of an action it was, but nobody did, and i was actually the last person left inside, which made me furrow my eyebrows before walking into the house, following everyone.

it was beautiful, and looked much bigger from the inside than it did from the outside, and was pieced with a glass chandelier, glass stairs and decorations that seemed both expensive and fragile.

"don't break no shit, please," jahseh announced, seemingly following my train of thought from where he stood across the room.

"also, it's only six bedrooms, so y'all gone have to double up."

i would've expected argument or upset, but instead the guys all got to picking whom they'd be rooming with, which left me to stand there silently, mainly because i didn't know exactly who'd be sharing a room with me, and wasn't too keen on sharing a room in the first place, as i was the only female here.

i said nothing, and instead i directed my attention to my phone, which was still both dented and cracked up, though it wasn't anything that impaired me from using it, so i paid it no mind and used my phone as usual.

i was minding my business, watching the security bring the bags in while everyone dashed off to choose which rooms they'd be staying in, when a hand gripped my arm and began dragging me out of the room.

my head snapped up, seeing it was jahseh who was dragging me, and i yanked free of his grip but still followed him, watching him calmly as we ended up in the kitchen and he stared me down, to which i barely gave him the slightest bit of concern in my returned stare.

"what?" i finally spoke, eyeing him, and he crossed his arms, making me pull his crossed arms down. "speak."

"robb." he said flatly, making me sigh, because my thought that someone may have seen was correct, and i shrugged my shoulders.

"nothing happened, he said two words and i didn't even respond." i said truthfully, though his gaze didn't soften at my words, and he only spoke flatly once again.

"don't touch him. and don't let that nigga touch you, either."

i sighed, putting my hands up in a sarcastic surrender and speaking dryly. "alright jahseh."

whatever i thought i was going to get away with, however, he didn't let fly, because he grabbed my neck and gripped onto me tightly, staring me in the eyes with frustration and speaking quietly, which should have intimidated me, but it only turned me on.

"watch yourself, renny. just cause i'm gentle with you doesn't mean i won't assert myself," he muttered, keeping his eyes locked with mine for a moment before he dropped his hold on me and smirked.

"oh, also, we're sharing a room."

i should've, and honestly would've, been left speechless, but my toxicity got the best of me, and i grabbed his hand and held onto it, staring into his eyes deeply before i spoke innocently.

"okay daddy."

~
IDK WHERE IM GOING W THIS BOOK HELP