CLOTHES

serenity "renny" rivera

june 5, 2017

"why do you have so many of the same clothes?" jahseh complained, holding up two identical nike hoodies, which made me chuckle a bit before pulling them out of his hands.

"first of all, because then i can never lose one, cause i have another," i said smartly, waving my finger at him.

"and second of all, either you're gonna help me or you're gonna leave me alone so i can do it on my own."

he rolled his eyes at me, but he didn't leave or argue, and instead looked at the pile of mostly black clothing on my bed before picking up a pair of jeans and folding them.

"you need some color in your life."

i shook my head, placing a stack of folded shirts into the duffel bag i was planning to take with me to san diego. "no, no color looks good on me except black. and gray."

"your eyes aren't black and they look good on you." he countered, which made me smile and purse my lips at him.

"those are eyes, it's not the same."

he shrugged his shoulders, adding the pair of jeans to the stack of folded pants he was helping me pack, then spoke. "i don't believe it, while we're out there, i'm gonna make you buy at least three things that are actual colors."

"good luck." i replied flatly, taking the stack of pants and placing them alongside the shirts in my duffle bag, before turning away.

i went over to my dresser, opening my drawer full of undergarments, only for a pair of hands to snake around my waist, and a body to press against me from behind, making my face flush and prompting me to turn around and face him.

"i cant lie, i'm glad you're done with robb, cause now i can finally have you." he said lowly, which sent a chill up my spine and made my heart race.

i would've expected him to make a move, but he seemed to be teasing, the way he just stared at me, into my eyes, hands around my waist and faces barely inches apart, yet didn't move at all.

eventually i caved in, tilting my head up and connecting my lips with his, in a soft and gentle kiss, which moved slow, while our mouths seemed to explore each other for the first time, and his hands gripped my waists.

he bit down on my bottom lip, so slowly and patiently, yet hard enough for my mouth to open almost immediately, and slid his tongue into my mouth, exploring my mouth with hunger and devotion.

i let mine travel and wrestle with his easily and gently, the taste of the sweet gum he'd been chewing all over his tongue, which amused me, though i gave no sign.

his hands roamed my body carefully and gently, and one hand softly held onto my neck and slowly began tightening its grip, while the other gripped on my waist and went lower.

he was so gentle, much more gentle than robb, and knew all of my spots as if he'd explored and found them himself, from the perfect hold on my neck to the spot of my waist that sends the hairs on me standing when it's gripped.

he pulled apart from my mouth, leaving my mouth hungry and desperate for more of him and his sweet taste, stared down at my neck, which was still bruised and covered in robb's marks, before he spoke lowly, the rasp in his voice giving me goosebumps along my skin.

"i'm not touching you until every trace of him is off you."

i stared at him, trying to analyze the tone of his voice and read the expression in his eyes, though i couldn't put my finger on it, and as he backed up and let go of my body, i only craved his touch more.

he returned to my bed, jumping onto it and sitting beside a pile of clothes that were unpacked, so calmly and unfazed, as if nothing had happened, to which i envied.

usually, i could act the same- truthfully, it wouldn't even be acting, i was genuinely unfazed by any and every thing, yet with him it as almost like i couldn't be unfazed.

everything mattered with him, and everything left a mark on me, perhaps not physically in the sense that robb would leave marks, but mentally, he left marks on my mind that wouldn't heal and disappear within days, or be covered.

i turned myself around, exhaling quietly and putting my focus on the open drawer i'd originally meant to work with, only to be interrupted by the door opening, which made me turn my head to glance at isaiah walking in.

he glanced between jahseh and i, and then settled his eyes on me, clearing his throat before he spoke. "renny, come here real quick."

his tone of voice was very soft, and he spoke very slowly, almost as if he was trying to lure me in and keep me calm with his words, and i narrowed my eyes at him, pushing the drawer shut.

"what?"

he sighed, giving up on the argument before it could even begin, and leaned on the doorway stiffly. "your parents are here."

"no." i spoke before i even took the time to genuinely process his words or think about them, while turning around and pulling the drawer back open, this time finally getting what i had to get out and walking over to my bag.

i could feel the energy in the room shifting, while isaiah chewed his lip and then glanced behind him quickly. "they're not tryna take you, they just wanna see you and talk to you."

"i'm good." i said flatly, putting the items into my bag and keeping my focus away from either of the boys in the room, only for isaiah to sigh.

"please?"

i knew i couldn't say no to him, and i looked away for a moment, thinking about my fathers cold, hard face and thick accent, and my mother small, thin frame and soft voice. the thought made my chest ache a bit, but not from sadness.

i clenched my jaw and balled up my fist, only to immediately open my hand in resignation and turn around, nodding my head and heading towards the door.

"fine."

~
utrrcfgggff